BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

I am not disputing what Glen is saying about Kean using John.

However I know for sure that the main reason that Kean's future is under threat is because of the low attendances, the owners have seen the team get off to a superb start, be top of the table and yet the attendances have not improved. They have also been told by a number of people that the main reason that fans are staying away is because of Steve Kean and that if he was sacked then the attendances would automatically improve.

So a boycott of the Wolves game would ram home the message that Keep Steve Kean and attendances will continue to fall.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

However I know for sure that the main reason that Kean's future is under threat is because of the low attendances, the owners have seen the team get off to a superb start, be top of the table and yet the attendances have not improved. They have also been told by a number of people that the main reason that fans are staying away is because of Steve Kean and that if he was sacked then the attendances would automatically improve.

So a boycott of the Wolves game would ram home the message that Keep Steve Kean and attendances will continue to fall.

Huh? So do we listen to Glen and attend to protest or do we listen to you and boycott?

Unfortunately for some obscure reason we still get the 'die hards' who will sit on their hands and do bugger all because 'it's their club, and no one will take that from them.' So we should expect no less than 10,000 at Ewood for the Wolves game. Absolutely nuts if the financial concern rumour is true. One chance for the Rovers fans to stand together and say we will not go whilst he is there, even if we stand outside and enjoy ourselves. Make a stand, make a point, get our rovers back.

Are you suggesting Glen's nose is out of joint because his group isn't behind the latest protest?

Quite the opposite spoke to lee and jimmy at length on the phone , was asked to push this too and for the action group to push it, it was born on Facebook over a week ago , but with the information at hand , we have got over keans removal I just feel that with him going , Any rocking of the waves can only help him ,

Huh? So do we listen to Glen and attend to protest or do we listen to you and boycott?

Well lets put it this way, with all due respect to Glen what did the protests achieve last year? (and yes i attended them). This is the closest we've got to booting Kean in the last 2 years and the general consensus is that Venkys are worried about attendances. What logic would it be to pack out Ewood park?

Unfortunately for some obscure reason we still get the 'die hards' who will sit on their hands and do bugger all because 'it's their club, and no one will take that from them.' So we should expect no less than 10,000 at Ewood for the Wolves game. Absolutely nuts if the financial concern rumour is true. One chance for the Rovers fans to stand together and say we will not go whilst he is there, even if we stand outside and enjoy ourselves. Make a stand, make a point, get our rovers back.

You do know that boycott is not the only way of protesting, right?The die-hards have been doing their bit by chanting "Kean out" every game. It is not fair to single them out and accuse them of doing "bugger all". And if what Glen said about Kean using the boycott to his advantage is true, it might well backfire on us.

Well lets put it this way, with all due respect to Glen what did the protests achieve last year? (and yes i attended them). This is the closest we've got to booting Kean in the last 2 years and the general consensus is that Venkys are worried about attendances. What logic would it be to pack out Ewood park?

Well for one thing, it lends credibility to the "some people" telling Venkys that the fans are staying away because of Kean and not because of some conspiracy theory like "John Williams is funding the protests" or because "relegation would see a reduction in attendnace". But that's just my opinion.

Quite the opposite spoke to lee and jimmy at length on the phone , was asked to push this too and for the action group to push it, it was born on Facebook over a week ago , but with the information at hand , we have got over keans removal I just feel that with him going , Any rocking of the waves can only help him ,

So what is your suggestion Glen? I'm not being obtuse here, i'm just wondering. Are you continuing to protest inside the ground? I haven't been this season so i literally have no clue whats going on.

You do know that boycott is not the only way of protesting, right?The die-hards have been doing their bit by chanting "Kean out" every game. It is not fair to single them out and accuse them of doing "bugger all". And if what Glen said about Kean using the boycott to his advantage is true, it might well backfire on us.

Well for one thing, it lends credibility to the "some people" telling Venkys that the fans are staying away because of Kean and not because of some conspiracy theory like "John Williams is funding the protests" or because "relegation would see a reduction in attendnace". But that's just my opinion.

I understand a small section chant Kean out, but we did that all of last season and achieved absolutely nothing. Unless we are being spectacularly double tracked by Shebby et al, then the boycott appears to be working.

So what is your suggestion Glen? I'm not being obtuse here, i'm just wondering. Are you continuing to protest inside the ground? I haven't been this season so i literally have no clue whats going on.

I think he is encouraging the boycott, given that he is confident Kean will leave either way during the international break, and any "rocking of the boat" like boycotting and showing the Venkys an empty stadium will further convince Venkys that sacking Kean is the right decision.

Any chance John Williams might become a scapegoat if we boycott? If there is a way to help him out of this mess, I'm all for it.

For some reason, you keep battering on about this.

When you have someone on the ropes, you go for a quick finish.

I think the sympathy stuff is rubbish now, we are well past that as the guy simply has lost all credibility, IMO.

You and your group should be doing everything to support this and get the job done. Supporters backed you when you needed it, so the least you can do is the same.

Full on protest outside Ewood, the biggest one yet!! Kean out banners, chants, signs etc...ruthless!! not just a few hundreds, the thousands that have been satyin away, make the effort and show up at 2pm, full hour of hardcore protests! When its 3pm its then up to every individual weather they want to go in or stay out...if they choose to go in, gather as close to the dugout of possible and dont let up on him for the entire game!!

Enough is Enough!!

Committee and members of the Action Group have been boyotting all home games for a long time now. People don't need any help to not attend matches surely? They either go or stay at home. And before anyone asks yes I have been boycotting.

Whether to attend a match or not should be a personal decision and we should all respect each others views whether going or not.

I personally don't support a boycott in any way, shape or form. We all want Kean out but we need the owners to stay interested and for the Club to be able to pay its' bills in the meantime.

However if you do, I think any notion that either

a) Kean WANTS a boycott

or

b ) If there is a boycott it plays into Kean's hands

is nonsense.

You do what you think is right.

If we turn up then Kean will say the crowds are coming back and supporting him but if we stay away then Kean will say the protests are being funded and he will get a sympathy vote.

I'm fed up of the whole situation.

I will make a decision on what I am going to do next week and if people want to put a spin on the reasons as to why I am going or staying away then so be it.

My view on the situation re Glen's bizarre comments.

If fans avoid boycotting and turn up with banners, regardless of whether they say "Kean Out" or "We will come back when he is sacked", this will be detrimental. I will elaborate. We turn up in force and Kean can say "look at all the fans who have come to support us, there are no problems", regardless of hoe many people chant or anything, the media will NOT pick up on it, unless it gets heated in which case it will be used in Kean's favour, just like last year (also banners will be removed anyway so why bother?)

If fans boycott then the lack of home fans will be there for all to see, it forces Venky's to make a decision as it will be blindingly obvious "keep Kean, lose fans. Sack Kean, gain fans" and thus revenue. Journalists have been well aware of the falling attendances and boycotting and stepping this up a gear will do nothing but add pressure to Venky's and hopefully force their hand. It will not cause the club to fold as Revidge suggested. I don't study maths but the simple profit/loss equations show 5,000 or so less on-the-day ticket purchases and food sales are not catastrophic figures enough to push administration unless it was to go on for yonks. However, the sacking of Kean will also bring in further ST's and on the day tickets which should provide Venky's with enough of a financial gain to warrant sacking the clown. This stuff about Team Kean pinning it on Williams is a risk willing to take. If he tries to do so, Williams' representatives will no doubt contact Venky's and Team Kean, dispute such fantastical claims and no doubt threaten legal action, resulting in Kean being shown up for the liar he is.

To summarise, attend the game and Kean will make out everything is all rosy. Boycott the match and there isn't much Kean can counter with. All this "Williams is bullying me" tripe won't stick. The numbers are what will make a difference and will cause Venky's to act decisively. Journalists will publish the facts that many people boycotted and attendances seemed lower than stated and this will get back to Singh and thus Venky's.

The only way is to act. It baffles me that Glen hasn't had my trail of thought as to me it's blindingly obvious boycotting is the only way. Forget Kean's farcical claims. Venky's are stupid, but if such accusations have been made, legal teams will deal with it and Williams can walk out with his head held high whilst Kean can keep his rats tail firmly between his legs as he is further exposed as the rodent he is.

Archived