BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Kean Yet To Be Sacked

Kamy100

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point thats being missed here, IMO, is that an organic protest is fine, but if any group backs the protest it will be seen as arranged and maybe another escuse for Kean to run to Venkys with.

what i cant understand is how he as the reason everyone is protesting can turn into a way he can keep his job,

I couldnt help think it was a bit of a coinsidence Murphy has picked up a mystery injury this week(of all weeks), is it not most likely he is one of the players that has made it clear hes not happy with Kean.

Can't see it, Murphy is on a Kean bandwagon after been thrown a 2 year contract to walk around the pitch.

Best case scenario: empty ground BOOM, SACKED

Worst case scenario: full ground NEW CONTRACT

Well put, it couldn't be more simple than that. Fans voting with their feet and boycotting Wolves would provide some poetic justice by hammering the final nail into Kean's coffin.

As an aside, how long did the press conference last today? These are the entirety of Kean's quotes from the LET report:

• “I have had positive with the owners."
  • “Both of the main directors have had constructive conversations, all I can say is there have been positive talks with the owners.”
  • “The speculation and the media hype has not affected us leading into a massive game,” he said this morning."
  • “It has been a positive week inside the club."
  • “It is nothing new. I’ve had it many times."
  • “We have a strong dressing room full of strong characters.”

Given that this has been the most eagerly-anticipated press conference of Kean's 22-month reign, I find it hard to believe that only 82 words were spoken. I'd like to know more about the tone of the conference, the nature of the questions put to him, and whether or not any topics were "off-limits". Nothing more on Cryer's Twitter about this either.

There is no way possible a boycott can help kean.

Really think about it, he tells the chicken lovers the whole thing is a set up.... fine but the chicken fools have to realise the boycotts will continue until the fat bald pig is gone. They keep losing money until he is gone. I think boycott and do so in a visable way highlighting that kean is the only issue!!

I am not disputing what Glen is saying about Kean using John.

However I know for sure that the main reason that Kean's future is under threat is because of the low attendances, the owners have seen the team get off to a superb start, be top of the table and yet the attendances have not improved. They have also been told by a number of people that the main reason that fans are staying away is because of Steve Kean and that if he was sacked then the attendances would automatically improve.

So a boycott of the Wolves game would ram home the message that Keep Steve Kean and attendances will continue to fall.

I fully agree with this. Although I am not happy about fans boycotting because it costs the club and not venkys income.

It does appear to be having the best affect. To me kean telling fans NOT to boycott, is him really saying "IF I ASK THE FANS TO RETURN, THEY WILL DO SO, BECAUSE THEY SUPPORT WHAT I AM DOING" When in fact this opposite is true. Fans do not support what Kean is doing.

Who are venkys listenning to, Shebby or Kean. Shebby knows the reason fans are boycotting, he knows they will come back once Kean is gone. Which he would ahve already told the owners. Media have already said that gate income is not enough to covers some players wages. That hurts venkys.

But for anybody to suggest that this is about an allegation with regards JW funding any form of protest is totally unbelieveable imo.

Shebby does not have the power to sack. But he does have the power to advise. Adice that is being listened to.

The boycott this season has been working, there is no doubt in my mind to think otherwise.

Shebby has conducted several interviews this season where he has talking about the impact of the boycott on the clubs finances, if you also consider that the usual suspects at the club have been using PR spin to claim that the fans are coming back it's clear that the owners are concerned about the lack of money coming into the club.

I can believe that Glen has been told about this rumour concerning the organisation of boycotting, however it's likely an example of 'disinformation' in order to destabilise the boycott movement and those protesting against the manager. The last two years has shown us we aren't dealing with amateurs here, we are talking about some clever, some might say devious people who will do anything to keep on to power.

This argument that if nobody turns up to the Wolves game it plays into Kean's hands is quite frankly nonsense in my opinion. If fans attend in force it plays into Kean's hands. The guy has spent all season saying the fans have been coming back and he is starting to win them over, an increased attendance close to normality will only reinforce his position as he will have been proved right and he will for sure let the owners know that.

Glen, whilst I respect your views on the boycott and know you have plenty of links within the club – certainly more than myself – in this instance I believe you are wrong to advocate against the boycott.

You keep saying you’re relaxed about Kean going and I appreciate that, but the fact is we’ve all been here before. The only thing you can say is for sure about Venky’s… is that nothing is for sure. As Kamy has pointed out, so far the only thing that seems to have affected them is the realisation that low attendances are occurring despite relative success so far this season. It must be obvious to the family by now that Kean is the main reason for attendance declining, I firmly believe they are aware of this. A boycott will further ram this message home, and is one of the few things we can do that we know will have an impact on Venky’s thinking. Nothing else – protests, chanting, writing letters, etc – has worked. If anything it seems to have made Kean’s position stronger.

If fans begin to drift back, I fear Desai’s thinking will regress. The boycott, for me, must happen. There’s no proof JW has ever funded protests or anything else, he’s not at the club anymore either so as far as I’m concerned there is no way a boycott could come back to hurt him in any way.

Its a confusing situation and difficult to predict what will be spun how and by whom, but I fully agree with the view above.

Glen, whilst I respect your views on the boycott and know you have plenty of links within the club – certainly more than myself – in this instance I believe you are wrong to advocate against the boycott.

You keep saying you’re relaxed about Kean going and I appreciate that, but the fact is we’ve all been here before. The only thing you can say is for sure about Venky’s… is that nothing is for sure. As Kamy has pointed out, so far the only thing that seems to have affected them is the realisation that low attendances are occurring despite relative success so far this season. It must be obvious to the family by now that Kean is the main reason for attendance declining, I firmly believe they are aware of this. A boycott will further ram this message home, and is one of the few things we can do that we know will have an impact on Venky’s thinking. Nothing else – protests, chanting, writing letters, etc – has worked. If anything it seems to have made Kean’s position stronger.

If fans begin to drift back, I fear Desai’s thinking will regress. The boycott, for me, must happen. There’s no proof JW has ever funded protests or anything else, he’s not at the club anymore either so as far as I’m concerned there is no way a boycott could come back to hurt him in any way.

+1

It's pretty clear that 1 main thing has changed this year. Shebby has arrived and is feeding the truth back to the family.

attendances are down because fans want him out - pure and simple.

boycott the game. peaceful protest and speaks the only language they are listening to - money

Attendances have already sealed his fate , amongst other things

Kean has sat there all smug this morning with his , don't boycott against wolves , that's his message I'm not going I'm here until wolves , when in reality he knows he is on his way . He knows supporters will be deflated , upset , etc .....

Are you saying here, he knows he is gone already and is only trying to wind the fans up?

If that is right and he is gone by Wolves he won't give two hoots whether or not there is a boycott as long as he has his compensation, and I would hope there wasn't a boycott in those circumstances anyway.

If he is still here for any reason, then the same still applies. He either knows he is gone sooner rather than later anyway and won't care. Or he will be clinging onto some thread of hope however implausible he can still keep his job in the long run. Can't see he would want a boycott or that it assists him in any way.

Are you saying here, he knows he is gone already and is only trying to wind the fans up?

If that is right and he is gone by Wolves he won't give two hoots whether or not there is a boycott as long as he has his compensation, and I would hope there wasn't a boycott in those circumstances anyway.

If he is still here for any reason, then the same still applies. He either knows he is gone sooner rather than later anyway and won't care. Or he will be clinging onto some thread of hope however implausible he can still keep his job in the long run. Can't see he would want a boycott or that it assists him in any way.

Kean knows the whole supporter base want him gone , do he asks them not to boycott , knowing they will listen right ???

Wow someone got it :-)

You know that by saying that you are also confirming that the protests you organised last year turned out to be an enourmous mistake and most likely gave the stuborn venkys more resolve to keep kean, Hindsight a bugger, although i dont think theres any question they where organised with the best of intentions though.

Bottom line here, is Kean is on the ropes, albeit 3rd in the league. Things are not going to get any better for him. One final massive push (Wolves at home) should see him gone.

He is not going to achieve three wins on the bounce (we last achieved this in all comps Sept 2008 - Fulham, Everton LC & Newcastle) so results won't save him.

Keep saying, that Wolves game is crucial, D-DAY if you like. The message has to be sent then. Glen is saying that's his last game? Part of me agrees, but why not get rid now? If you are going to sack someone, you do it. For me, he has another chance you save his job.

6th October 2012: Blackburn Rovers vs Wolverhampton Wanderers. Also, Blackburn Rovers Fans vs Steve Kean.

Why go and give him hell, that's done sweet fa. He has skin like Rhino hide. Just stay away, do something else for the day.

Lesson 1# This is what BS sounds like... http://www.bbc.co.uk...tball/19756709?

Listening to that, he's definitely on the ropes gasping for breath.

The message from Agnew was clearly to speak about nothing other than the positivity of the talks and you can tell by the uncertainty in his voice that he knows Radio Lancashire – and the rest of the Rovers fans – have his number. What a clunt.

Positive talks to me means he's on his way to agreeing a good severace package. Nothing more than that.

Archived