BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Peterborough United versus BRFC; 17 November 2012.

m1st

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feeling very confident about this one.

Can't see Posh holding us in any shape or form.

Bookies think the same and best odds for Rovers' win are 24/19. Taken this bet together with a cheeky fiver on 4-1 win @ 50/1.

I was on the Owen's coach from Chorley. After the game a 1/2 brick came through one of the side windows, skimmed of a blokes head and went out via the opposite side window. It was bloody cold on the way back!

Can anyone remember the "swing" we made in the away end? A roller towel was tossed over angle iron in the top of the stand roof and 4 0r 5 rovers fans spent the game swinging like apes in a zoo!!

That was the blue towel from the League Liner we carried through the department Store I mentioned earlier in the thread : )

Are you remembering Port Vale away, thousands were listening to Gordon Lee on the radio in the carpark behind the away end after the game, One run by Metalfe was particularly good, he seemed to take on the entire Port Vale team twice and beat them.

I also remember all the balls from a pubs pool table being juggled on the way to the ground before the match, most of the group had come on the train but not sure if it was the league liner. Great day out, except for the lad who fell off the away end onto a burger bar!

No, went to that crammed in a Fiat 850 with Paul Astley (RIP) driving. Memorable day indeed.

I maybe able to go to this one , but will not know until tomorrow morning ...

Anyone know if tickets for sale on the day ?

Yeh they will be. I rang the ticket office on thursday lunchtime and they said both standing and seating tickets will be available I hope they're right, cos im heading down on the day..

Anybody know of any pubs that will be screening it in Manchester tomorrow?

Man U are playing at pretty much the same time on ESPN so I presume they will all be showing that one, but I know some pubs have the ability to show different matches on different screens. Anybody know of any pubs that have such a facility near the centre?

Anybody know of any pubs that will be screening it in Manchester tomorrow?

Man U are playing at pretty much the same time on ESPN so I presume they will all be showing that one, but I know some pubs have the ability to show different matches on different screens. Anybody know of any pubs that have such a facility near the centre?

I need to know that too as I'm in Manchester on my sons head wetting so ill need to know. Ill check back tomorrow or post if I find anywhere

Really looking forward to attending this one ... first new ground I've bagged in ages and the 115th different ground I will have seen Rovers play at. I was hopping to re-live the 'Pillar 5' days of the old Blackburn End by getting terrace tickets ... but my lad was having non of it ... kids today have no concept of what it was like to stand for 90 mins ... although after the games at the Dingledome and Blackpool I'm sure he will have a better idea. :-)

Colleagues at Peterborough train drivers depot telling me we'll win easily.

Posh have some internal problems with four players transfer listed after a boozing session last weekend.

If ever there's a game we should be winning it's this one.

Naturally I've been playing it down telling my colleagues it will be a draw.

At least I'll be able to walk to the match from home.

Colleagues at Peterborough train drivers depot telling me we'll win easily.

Posh have some internal problems with four players transfer listed after a boozing session last weekend.

If ever there's a game we should be winning it's this one.

Naturally I've been playing it down telling my colleagues it will be a draw.

At least I'll be able to walk to the match from home.

As a local could you recommend the best place to park. Cheers.

Really looking forward to attending this one ... first new ground I've bagged in ages and the 115th different ground I will have seen Rovers play at.

Bloody hell, that's some going ES! Fair play to you.

We'll win. 3 2. Maybe 3 1. The Berg's the word.

Really looking forward to attending this one ... first new ground I've bagged in ages and the 115th different ground I will have seen Rovers play at. I was hopping to re-live the 'Pillar 5' days of the old Blackburn End by getting terrace tickets ... but my lad was having non of it ... kids today have no concept of what it was like to stand for 90 mins ... although after the games at the Dingledome and Blackpool I'm sure he will have a better idea. :-)

Congratulations, ES; you're 10 grounds ahead of me.

You're spot on about the kids of today; mind you, I bet our Dads said much the same about us!!

Archived