BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradley Orr on loan to Ipswich

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has Henley been playing for the reserves ? Will Berg not have seen reports from the reserves. As many said - Orr versus Zaha was a mismatch and Henley was the only other option with pace. Possibly Shebby, or maybe even Hendry advised Berg when he explained what he wanted - doesn't mean Shebby picke the team. From what I have heard, and I very much trust my source on this one, that SS had told Berg to drop Orr and bring in Henley, he also told Berg to bring Murphy back into the team. Why would Berg tinker witht the defence when we had just kept 2 clean sheets on the bounce?

As for where you heard the rumours - the fact that BO came out in the press and said about problems in the higher echelons - could the rumours not have originated from him as an excuse for him being dropped ? He was dropped because of the advice given to Berg by SS, I believe. This is why he was infuriated and had talks with Berg, which has resulted in him leaving.

Though I doubt Shebby picked the team - if he advised Berg to play Henley - has SS (joke as you put it) he not been proven correct ? Or are you saying that picking Henley was a mistake and we should have continued with Orr ? Picking Henley was the correct choice in my opinion and I am not very keen on Orr. However, at the time the decision to bring Henley in was very bizarre and this coincided with what I have heard. Overall, I am delighted Orr has gone and we now have a youngster in place who has bags of potential. Hopefully, Berg can get him to realise this potential. I was merely pointing out that SS told Berg to drop Orr. However, this MB seem so far up his rear end, you could see the heads popping out Shebby's mouth when he talks. From what I have heard, Berg is now picking the team, and has been after the Palace game.

Hope that clears it up.

• Backroom

From what I have heard, and I very much trust my source on this one, that SS had told Berg to drop Orr and bring in Henley, he also told Berg to bring Murphy back into the team. Why would Berg tinker witht the defence when we had just kept 2 clean sheets on the bounce?

Because Orr is slow and Henley is fast. SIMPLE!!!! Murphy.... because Berg wanted to see how his CAPTAIN leads the troops.

He was dropped because of the advice given to Berg by SS, I believe. This is why he was infuriated and had talks with Berg, which has resulted in him leaving.

You believe, but you don't know. You have no proof of this. He was dropped by Berg, went to ask why and wasn't happy with what he was told. THAT is all we know and that's all we NEED to know, stop stirring it with pointless crud.

Picking Henley was the correct choice in my opinion and I am not very keen on Orr. However, at the time the decision to bring Henley in was very bizarre and this coincided with what I have heard. Overall, I am delighted Orr has gone and we now have a youngster in place who has bags of potential. Hopefully, Berg can get him to realise this potential. I was merely pointing out that SS told Berg to drop Orr. However, this MB seem so far up his rear end, you could see the heads popping out Shebby's mouth when he talks. From what I have heard, Berg is now picking the team, and has been after the Palace game.

The decision was not bizarre in the slightest. It made perfect sense to all and sundry! We have no reason at all to believe that Berg picked every team that's played since he got here. Now please stop pretending you have a source. You're stirring. Even if your source exists, tell him that he's stirring for no reason.

Hope that clears it up. No, not at all.

And for the record, I'm not up Shebby's arse and don't believe anyone on the MB is apart from his various cosy friends from BRAG. I can't stand Groucho Marx and judging by Berg's various reactions to Shebby statements in his initial press conference, nor can he (another wee blow to the suggestion that Shebby told him to change the team). Have you considered that maybe Berg picked the team based on suggestions from Shebby, Black and Hendry in a meeting? What's to say Black wouldn't have picked Henley in place of Orr, or brought back Murphy? Why did Shebby not 'tell' Black or Kean to change the team? And given that Berg complained about director involvement at his last job, what makes you think he'd put up with it here?

There is no credibility in any of what you've said about Shebby picking the team. Without wishing to kean on your chips, please stop digging.

• Moderation Lead

Sorry I meant Murphy came back into the team, after being dropped by Black.

Where was Henley before Berg all of a sudden unearthed him? It made no sense to all of a sudden drop Orr and bring Henley in.

That decision along with the decision to bring Murphy back was both made by SS. If you don't want to believe that, it's fine. I don't really care, however what I have been told about Orr has coincided with him leaving (and him coming out talking about problems at Ewood). I wonder why?

If he'd seen Bradley Orr play football before, it made perfect sense.

I agree with darrenermike.....he probably advised Berg to drop Orr and play Henley.....Berg considered this, probably spoke to Ferguson, and then went with it due to Orr's poor form and lack of pace compared to Henley......I'm fairly confident this is what anyone of a sound mind would have done anyway.

The two clean sheets were at home to Sheff Wed and Watford....this was away at the form team in the division against probably the best player in the division.

BnWR seemed to be making out that Shebby had picked the whole team which I highly doubt was the case....it's the kind of sensationalising nonsense that I would expect from PhillipL.......the whole ITK thing has become extremely tedious imo.

Kamy and Kelbo are the only ones I take even slightly seriously.....I'm a betting man but I didn't bother betting on who the next manager would be as it's Venky's and it could have been anyone.....which would have saved me a ton of money as I wasn't tempted to put 'big' money on Shearer, Holloway, Solksjaer, McKinlay, Flitcroft and whoever else was just sorting out the paperwork.....the bookies must have absolutely cleaned up.

There are many problems that still persist at the club and fair enough, we can highlight and attempt to deal with them.....but the time for getting worked up over baseless rumours and conjecture should be over.....either we go up and it would be fantastic....or we don't and this season will still probably be the best one for quite some time.....so let's try and enjoy it without all the bulls##t.

• Backroom

I agree with darrenermike.....he probably advised Berg to drop Orr and play Henley.....Berg considered this, probably spoke to Ferguson, and then went with it due to Orr's poor form and lack of pace compared to Henley......I'm fairly confident this is what anyone of a sound mind would have done anyway.

The two clean sheets were at home to Sheff Wed and Watford....this was away at the form team in the division against probably the best player in the division.

BnWR seemed to be making out that Shebby had picked the whole team which I highly doubt was the case....it's the kind of sensationalising nonsense that I would expect from PhillipL.......the whole ITK thing has become extremely tedious imo.

Kamy and Kelbo are the only ones I take even slightly seriously.....I'm a betting man but I didn't bother betting on who the next manager would be as it's Venky's and it could have been anyone.....which would have saved me a ton of money as I wasn't tempted to put 'big' money on Shearer, Holloway, Solksjaer, McKinlay, Flitcroft and whoever else was just sorting out the paperwork.....the bookies must have absolutely cleaned up.

There are many problems that still persist at the club and fair enough, we can highlight and attempt to deal with them.....but the time for getting worked up over baseless rumours and conjecture should be over.....either we go up and it would be fantastic....or we don't and this season will still probably be the best one for quite some time.....so let's try and enjoy it without all the bulls##t.

Amen.

I agree with darrenermike.....he probably advised Berg to drop Orr and play Henley.....Berg considered this, probably spoke to Ferguson, and then went with it due to Orr's poor form and lack of pace compared to Henley......I'm fairly confident this is what anyone of a sound mind would have done anyway. SS told Berg to play Henley and Murphy, to which he duly obliged. IF you don't want to believe that, then fair enough.

The two clean sheets were at home to Sheff Wed and Watford....this was away at the form team in the division against probably the best player in the division. If it isn't broke, then don't fix it. Why undo all of Black's hardwork by tinkering the back 4. The same back 4 everyone was raving about and said that it finally looked settled?

BnWR seemed to be making out that Shebby had picked the whole team which I highly doubt was the case....it's the kind of sensationalising nonsense that I would expect from PhillipL.......the whole ITK thing has become extremely tedious imo. I never once said that SS picked the whole team. I simply said that SS told Berg to drop Orr and bring back Murphy. Which is exactly what happened. I mentioned this at the time of the Palace game. People didn't believe me then. In turn it has led to Orr leaving because he was livid at the fact Berg did not drop him and that he was dropped after the advice from SS. His interview after he left says it all IMO.

There are many problems that still persist at the club and fair enough, we can highlight and attempt to deal with them.....but the time for getting worked up over baseless rumours and conjecture should be over.....either we go up and it would be fantastic....or we don't and this season will still probably be the best one for quite some time.....so let's try and enjoy it without all the bulls##t. They're definitely aren't baseless. However, I agree with the remainder of the paragraph.

SS told Berg to play Henley and Murphy, to which he duly obliged. IF you don't want to believe that, then fair enough.

I think the point people are making is that Berg did this for reasons other than because Shebby suggested it. I don't think anyone doubts that he did make the suggestion to Berg.

Why didn't Shebby tell Black to play Henley if it's as authoritarian as you make it sound? It doesn't make sense!

I think the point people are making is that Berg did this for reasons other than because Shebby suggested it. I don't think anyone doubts that he did make the suggestion to Berg.

Why didn't Shebby tell Black to play Henley if it's as authoritarian as you make it sound? It doesn't make sense!

Like I pointed out to you yesterday in my post, Black would have told Shebby where to go if he interfered with the starting line ups. Black has been around a lot longer than Berg.

• Backroom

Like I pointed out to you yesterday in my post, Black would have told Shebby where to go if he interfered with the starting line ups. Black has been around a lot longer than Berg.

And Berg has a REPUTATION for telling directors where to go, but sits in Shebby's palm? As fecking if.

• Backroom

He did against Palace. After the Palace game, Berg has picked his own line-ups.

It's been said before (by many), but I'll say it again:

Shebby may have suggested the change. Just because Berg made the change, doesn't mean he took orders from above. Please stop telling us about your fake source okay? It's getting beyond frustrating. There is no evidence that Shebby has ordered berg to do ANYTHING. Nothin, nada, zip.

It's been said before (by many), but I'll say it again:

Shebby may have suggested the change. Just because Berg made the change, doesn't mean he took orders from above. Please stop telling us about your fake source okay? It's getting beyond frustrating. There is no evidence that Shebby has ordered berg to do ANYTHING. Nothin, nada, zip.

Okay.

'Blue n White Rover' said -

SS told Berg to play Henley and Murphy, to which he duly obliged. IF you don't want to believe that, then fair enough.

Why undo all of Black's hardwork by tinkering the back 4. The same back 4 everyone was raving about and said that it finally looked settled?

The fact that SS told Berg to do something, which Berg then did, doesn't necessarily mean that Berg was just following instructions.....it might just be your 'source' putting 2+2 together.

Not everyone was.....a fair few said a lot of it was down to poor finishing and better teams could have had a hatful....particularly against Sheff Wed.....Crystal Palace's striker is now 2nd in the top goalscorer charts behind Austin......Berg said himself he wanted pace to deal with Zaha.....I would argue that most managers would have played Henley over Orr in that game because it was the logical thing to do.

When I mentioned that Singh had chose the team against Palace, I got slaughtered.

That was the case and Orr was not happy. Nixon then published the story and Orr was fuming thereafter that it became public knowledge. He went for showdown talks with Berg and this has resulted in him being loaned out.

So those that thought I was stirring and being negative, hope that suffices.

The messageboard's ostriches are not going to like this but some extremely odd things went on at Ewood around the time Berg was appointed which have deeply perturbed the people closest to them.

I don't know what exactly happened but I do know some people who are very close to the club and have seen a lot in the past two years were horrified by the various turns of events.

Orr is a player who takes an interest in what is going on around him including in the club off-field management and for all his short-comings, I think those press comments ought to be taken at face value and not as the basis for a beat up on him.

We have been very fortunate to get Berg by complete default and that Henning is now standing up and taking charge.

But again, it defies all logic.

Black was an assitant who, by all accounts, wanted the job. Surely the one man he would want to please would be Shebby, given that he seemed to have the biggest say in the appointment? Also, it didn't sound like he did much in the way of standing up to Steve Kean and his useless tactics throughout that period. Given how different his team was than Kean's, it seems he had 12 months of going along with whatever crap Kean was saying. We've seen nothing from Black to suggest he would stand up to Shebby more than Berg would.

On the other hand, Berg has well documented history about standing up to people above him - bigger and more powerful characters than Shebby. Given his comments about Venky's ownership, I sincerely doubt the first thing he would do is pick a team on orders from Shebby. Unless we have a reason otherwise, Berg's integrity shouldn't be in question because he has shown he's not a yes a man in the past.

By far the most logical theory in all of this is that Henning Berg - a cracking defender in his time - saw in Bradley Orr what we've all seen for the past year; a dodgy full back that needed dropping. And why wouldn't he play Murphy? He's one of the most talented players we have, as shown on Saturday, and Lowe and Dunn weren't fit.

I don't doubt that Shebby told Berg not to play Orr, there is obviously something in Orr's comments about "upper echelons". But I'm certain Berg will have only taken the decision to remove Orr from the first team because he thought it was the best thing for Rovers. I think Henley's performances will have justified this.

Also why wasn't Henley playing over Kean.....if anyone would let a Venky's employee pick the team it's him surely?

Aye, that too.

I'd wager Berg was well aware of Henley given that probably his best performance in a Rovers shirt had come against Man Utd last season. Surely Berg would have seen this game.

The messageboard's ostriches are not going to like this but some extremely odd things went on at Ewood around the time Berg was appointed which have deeply perturbed the people closest to them.

I don't know what exactly happened but I do know some people who are very close to the club and have seen a lot in the past two years were horrified by the various turns of events.

Orr is a player who takes an interest in what is going on around him including in the club off-field management and for all his short-comings, I think those press comments ought to be taken at face value and not as the basis for a beat up on him.

We have been very fortunate to get Berg by complete default and that Henning is now standing up and taking charge.

"I don't know what happened but it was terrible I tell you, terrible."

Zzzzzzzz..............................

Again Phil, no details whatsoever. "I don't know what happened, but something happened, because people who have seen things happen, where aware of happenings that happened right around the time of when it happened". Where do you get off on this kind of stuff? If you do know something, just say it. You obviously don't hesitate to call (or at the very least, strongly insinuate) agents and the owners are crooks etc. so why do you choose to play such childish games if it isn't purely for attention and a desperation for self-worth?

Archived