BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bradley Orr on loan to Ipswich

I think it is unfair to criticize Orr's attitude. He was one of very few players to bother trying last season.

I do agree that what he said was unacceptable but he is not a "bad egg."

Also I would prefer him as back-up rather than Bruno, who is much less reliable and clearly not up to this level.

Orr is mediocrity personified; Henley is a decent prospect but we could ideally do with someone else there.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea why SS didn't pick the team when Black was in charge. All I was told before the Palace game was that Orr would not be in the squad, along with Murphy. I was told the decision to drop these players came from a certain advisor.

Like I said, Berg has been working with Orr for less than a week, why would he let him go straight away without sufficient cover?

SS picked that team. You can say what you like about Berg and that he doesn't take nonsense or isn't a puppet, but that side against Palace was not a Berg choice.

All of this is my well informed opinion of course. I trust the people that told me. You don't trust what I'm telling you. That's your call.

WHO told you ?

I'm going to stir things up a little by suggesting that the rumour of a maximum weekly spend has some truth to it. Suddenly dropping Orr and replacing him with a very promising (his debut last season went well) makes even more sense.

Just to be clear: this is a wild guess on my part and i consider myself to be NITK :wacko:

Sorry I meant Murphy came back into the team, after being dropped by Black.

Where was Henley before Berg all of a sudden unearthed him? It made no sense to all of a sudden drop Orr and bring Henley in.

That decision along with the decision to bring Murphy back was both made by SS. If you don't want to believe that, it's fine. I don't really care, however what I have been told about Orr has coincided with him leaving (and him coming out talking about problems at Ewood). I wonder why?

OK, I will stick my twopenneth in here, I KNOW that as soon as Berg got the job, he asked SAF his opinion of Adam Henley, Berg watched him last season against Man U and rated him highly, the response from Man U was they were surprised tha lad hadnt featured this season and was a great prospect, that actually happened, its not simply hearsay from a supporter or pundit, please trust me on that!!

OK, I will stick my twopenneth in here, I KNOW that as soon as Berg got the job, he asked SAF his opinion of Adam Henley, Berg watched him last season against Man U and rated him highly, the response from Man U was they were surprised tha lad hadnt featured this season and was a great prospect, that actually happened, its not simply hearsay from a supporter or pundit, please trust me on that!!

You may well be right, hence Berg might not have questioned Shebby when he told him to play him ahead of Orr. However, from what I have heard, Shebby told Berg to drop Orr and play Henley, to which he duly obliged.

If you are responding to me with the rumour bit, you couldnt be more wrong, most definately not rumour but from someone very much involved in the conversation!!!!

Allow my four exclamation marks to emphasize this point.

I think Blue n White Rover's being played. I'd say it's entirely possible that Berg's team vs. Palace was a joint effort with Black & co, due to him only being in the job for a matter of days, and Shebby most likely stuck his oar in. But I'm not buying that he's in control of first-team affairs.

Sorry but how long did it take to appoint Berg? He showed an interest right at the start. Do you not think he would have assessed the squads strengths and weaknesses prior to taking charge and drawn his own opinions. I this is a bit more likely than Berg applies for job.. Waits 5/6 weeks for a phone call- during that wait he does nothing, actually forgets he has applied for it. When he suddenly gets a phone call for an interview, jumps on a plane, gets the job and is thrust into the media not having a clue about the squads strengths and weaknesses so trusts a Malaysian Tv pundit to pick his very first team at a club he loves, supports and enjoyed great success at... Yeah right!?

Berg picked that team. Definitely! Dropping Orr was a statement he meant business. I could certainly imagine berg talking to Fergie about rovers strengths and weaknesses when he got he job. Orr is terrible, henleys a cracker. If I can see that do you not think someone that played under Dalglish, Fergie, Souness, captained Norway, won the premiership a few times as well as a few f.a cups, charity shields .. Oh ! And a champions league?

Come on! Please! Really? It's ludicrous.

Who actually cares who said what to whom if the result is we are rid of Bradley Orr, who most of us never wanted in the first place (I didn't have an opinion because i didn't know who he was). He's gone and whether Singh was instrumental in that, whether it was Berg's own decision to play Henley or whether he took advice from SAf and others doesn't really matter. I haven't the foggiest what's going on down at Ewood and Brockhall, but it would appear that some correct decisions are now being taken for whatever reason and I'm enjoying being a rovers' supporter again.

You may well be right, hence Berg might not have questioned Shebby when he told him to play him ahead of Orr. However, from what I have heard, Shebby told Berg to drop Orr and play Henley, to which he duly obliged.

Your killing me dude .

SS isnt telling Berg who to pick.

stop trying to be in the know.

Read my posts. SS is no longer telling Berg who to pick. However, it was SS who told Berg to drop Orr and bring in Murphy for the Palace game. Deal with it. SS is a joke, the sooner he leaves our club the better.

We all know shebby is a joke, he only needed to open his mouth to tell us that. But why the constant "I'm in the know" scaremongering story along side? It's unnecessary.

Constant rumours regarding the management, particular those questioning his integrity, should be dismissed whilst we get behind the team. Basically, stick straight up your phillipl

Personally, happy to see Bradley the dingle ex con scouse moron leave. Couldn't care less how it happened.

Sorry I meant Murphy came back into the team, after being dropped by Black.

Where was Henley before Berg all of a sudden unearthed him? It made no sense to all of a sudden drop Orr and bring Henley in.

That decision along with the decision to bring Murphy back was both made by SS. If you don't want to believe that, it's fine. I don't really care, however what I have been told about Orr has coincided with him leaving (and him coming out talking about problems at Ewood). I wonder why?

Has Henley been playing for the reserves ? Will Berg not have seen reports from the reserves. As many said - Orr versus Zaha was a mismatch and Henley was the only other option with pace. Possibly Shebby, or maybe even Hendry advised Berg when he explained what he wanted - doesn't mean Shebby picke the team.

As for where you heard the rumours - the fact that BO came out in the press and said about problems in the higher echelons - could the rumours not have originated from him as an excuse for him being dropped ?

Read my posts. SS is no longer telling Berg who to pick. However, it was SS who told Berg to drop Orr and bring in Murphy for the Palace game. Deal with it. SS is a joke, the sooner he leaves our club the better.

Though I doubt Shebby picked the team - if he advised Berg to play Henley - has SS (joke as you put it) he not been proven correct ? Or are you saying that picking Henley was a mistake and we should have continued with Orr ?

Apologies to the mods here.

Who gives a flying kean out who or why the decision was made to drop Orr!!! He simply wasn't good enough.

We don't need rumour and counter rumour anymore as Kean has gone. Let's give it a rest and stop the in fighting as it all it does is give ammunition to those who have been laying in to us, sick and feckin tired of it.

This forum used to be the bext around, and it can be again if we just ignore the plastic ITKs looking for a rise from good fans.

Bradley Orr, not good enough, was dropped for a player who has had three great games since coming in to the team. That's the fact, everything else is just guess work, even if you have been told by a "reliable" source. Not going to go in to why it might be wrong or in fact correct, just not going to believe anything other than cold hard facts after the last two years.

I know people have hang ups with the owners, I am one of them, but I want things to turn out good for them as that would be good for Rovers, and I cling on to the hope that they have learnt their lesson and we will reap the rewards going forward.

As for Shebby, I don't care what he spouts off as nobody really listens to him, and since he has been here a copule of positive things have happened, whether they are directly or indirectly related to him could be argued, but they have happened.

Archived