BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who does Berg shift out next?

I read somewhere on here recently that the current squad stands at a total of 39.

Now Berg appears to be getting rid of the kean crap slowly (Orr). Who should be following him out the door next? Im thinking it might be worth getting rid of a few of the portuguese lads.

Hopefully we get rid of the following in the next 12 months.

* Myles Anderson (Goes without saying)

* Henrique (Who is he? Cant be that good!)

* Diego Rosado (Again, no world beater!)

* Mauro Formica (Not the type of player to establish himself in the premier league IF we go up)

* Paulo Jorge (?)

* Amine Linganzi (Done little)

* David Dunn (Not premier league quality and cant string more than 1 game together)

* Marcus Olsson (Not enough quality again)

* David Goodwillie (Done very little and again not good enough)

* Jordan Slew (No harm done if we get rid)

* Colin Kazim Richard (Big headed inflated ego - doesnt fit in)

* Edinho (Not pulling up any trees in this league)

* Nuno Gomez (Days must be numbered anyway)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would hold on to Dunn and Gomes for as long as possible.

Would also add:

- Morten Gamst Pedersen - Has been ineffectual for to be honest most of his time here. Most likely on high wages too.

- Bruno Ribeiro - Look past his ironic iconic status and you have someone who is way below the quality needed and someone who shouldn't have been signed at all.

i think, thats a bit harsh on Nuno there Dan. Yes he is old, but out of the Portuguese lads, him and Fabio Nunes are the only 2 to have done okay. Rosado i would keep, as he is a talented player. The rest i agree on, although i have no idea why we havent seen much of Henrique. I suppose like with all those Keaning signings by Kean, he must be rubbish as well

Id hold on to Dunn and Nuno.Formica should go if we have a proper replacement lined up. He does work his socks off. I havent seen Rosado or Henrique play yet so wouldnt get rid just yet.

With regards to Marcus Olsson, Martin was almost on par with his lack of any ability apart from pace, albeit he was much younger. Maybe he can improve if played consistently. We dont have much options for pace anyway.

Goodwillie, maybe if played in his proper position ? Not too bothered tho.

The others can all K-Off.

are you mad? get rid of gomes? i think hes experience will be crucial in the comming months,especialy

for the young players we have,who knows maybe his influence will bring the best out of a couple

of the other portugues lads,now the clown has gone and we have a manager.

From what I have heard, Goodwillies attitude is not the best and obviously not fit, they soon got rid of him at Palace so its not just Rovers, Myles Smalling Anderson, Jordan Slew, Blackman (is he out on loan or sold to the Blades?) two or three of the poor Portuguese lads and one of the keepers out on loan to get some games!

Richards will go back to Turkey, am sure of that, that would be eight out, so Berg could get a couple of good loan signings in.

I know that a lot of the players mentioned (Anderson, Slew, Linganzi) probably aren't going to do anything here and should be moved on to make a bit of room in a somewhat bloated squad, but I can't see the logic in the wholesale decimation being mooted here. The ten out - ten in transfer window never seems to work (look at QPR).

Much as they may be highly paid, getting on a bit or frustrating to watch we probably need to hang on to a few of the likes of Dunn, Gomes, Pedersen, Formica, possibly Marcus etc. until the summer at least; they can all do a job at this level (I hope that with better management the likes of Dunn and Peds can pick up the performances a bit) and I think we need them to maintain a bit of squad consistency. Might as well hang on to Kazim for the time being too, it's not like we lose anything much by having him around and we've yet to really see how the new manager will affect him.

Hopefully if we can shift most of the really dead wood (the not getting near the team even now players) and get in three or so good first team replacements then we should have a good platform to start with.

I'm not saying don't have a bit of a player cull; just spread it over two or three transfer windows.

Unfortunately, moving any of this lot on is going to cost us – quite a lot.

They've all got contracts and you can't just kick them out because their faces don't fit.

The ones that know they're not going to get a look in will probably want out to kick start their careers elsewhere but I wouldn't expect any of them to go cheaply. They'll take us for all they can.

Sad times. But yet more proof that Kean didn't have a clue.

Sold him. No idea how much for but i would imagine not much.

I think it was nominal. But the lad's doing okay for them so far. Bagged 9 goals already.

Sandomierski

Henrique, Ribeiro [get single player to cover both positions)

Jorge, Linganzi, Formica, Pedersen, Marcus Olsson, CKR [replace with a couple of good pacey wingers]

Goodwillie, Edinho, Slew

So 12 out, 3 in, and we'd still have a big squad. We have collected a lot of crap over last 18 months. That would still leave...

Robinson, Kean

Lowe, Henley, [new], Dann, Hanley, Givet, Olsson

[new], [new], Etuhu, Murphy, Dunn, Vukcevic, Nunes, Rosado

Rhodes, Best, Rochina, Gomes

Pretty much two players for every position there, with the likes of Morris, O'Connor, R. Hanley, Cotton from the youth team as well. Getting fast wingers in is key for me, the squad looks very unbalanced without it.

One thing you can't fault Pedersen for and that's his attitude. He's a good guy to have around, experienced and will knuckle down to get back into the side. Don't think he'll be shifted out in Jan.

Then again, Berg likes youth and he likes pace - Pedersen has got none of those attributes.

I think Vukcevic and one of Dann, Hanley and Givet will go. Hope he keeps a hold of Gomes, Murphy and Dunn as their experience will be needed in our push for promotion.

Edit: My guesses are wild ones, I know :)

would keep the polish keeper, Gomes, Dunn, Formica.

would defo keep Nunes, Henquire, Rosado. the last two we having seen too much but still come good players for us.

CKR would let go.

I think Vukcevic and one of Dann, Hanley and Givet will go. Hope he keeps a hold of Gomes, Murphy and Dunn as their experience will be needed in our push for promotion.

would keep All of them.

One thing you can't fault Pedersen for and that's his attitude. He's a good guy to have around, experienced and will knuckle down to get back into the side. Don't think he'll be shifted out in Jan.

Then again, Berg likes youth and he likes pace - Pedersen has got none of those attributes.

I'm a big fan of Pedersen's but I don't think he'll have much of a future in Berg's team. He's already slipped behind Marcus and Nunes on the left wing, and seeminly now behind Formica on the right.

As you say, Berg really values pace out wide and that is his biggest flaw as a wide player. Given that our two main strikers (Best and Rhodes) won't have pace either, it's critical we have wide players who can stretch defences and create space. Unfortunately that means Pedersen goes for me.

I read somewhere on here recently that the current squad stands at a total of 39.

Now Berg appears to be getting rid of the kean crap slowly (Orr). Who should be following him out the door next? Im thinking it might be worth getting rid of a few of the portuguese lads.

Hopefully we get rid of the following in the next 12 months.

* Myles Anderson (Goes without saying)

* Henrique (Who is he? Cant be that good!)

* Diego Rosado (Again, no world beater!)

* Mauro Formica (Not the type of player to establish himself in the premier league IF we go up)

* Paulo Jorge (?)

* Amine Linganzi (Done little)

* David Dunn (Not premier league quality and cant string more than 1 game together)

* Marcus Olsson (Not enough quality again)

* David Goodwillie (Done very little and again not good enough)

* Jordan Slew (No harm done if we get rid)

* Colin Kazim Richard (Big headed inflated ego - doesnt fit in)

* Edinho (Not pulling up any trees in this league)

* Nuno Gomez (Days must be numbered anyway)

Bloody hell mate, a bit harsh on a few there. Gomes has been good, Kazim Richards is an impact player - but also showed his selfish side recently, Marcus Olsson has looked ok this season. I also think Goodwillie, when fit, has goals in him in the 2nd half of the season.

I agree that he has to assess the Portuguese players, if they aren't up to it, he should cut them loose but with contracts in place, that won't be easy. I can't believe Liganzi is still here - has Goulon gone already, he was a freak!

I'm disappointed with Formica, he has shown ability in surts but nothing consistent. Dunny has experience but as always is struggling with fitness, Pedersen needs cutting loose at the end of the season too.

I see Hanley nominated for Championship player of the month.Who decides this? I still would keep him personally though.

I must have missed something there then, he's nothing but a liability.

I'm a big fan of Pedersen's but I don't think he'll have much of a future in Berg's team. He's already slipped behind Marcus and Nunes on the left wing, and seeminly now behind Formica on the right.

As you say, Berg really values pace out wide and that is his biggest flaw as a wide player. Given that our two main strikers (Best and Rhodes) won't have pace either, it's critical we have wide players who can stretch defences and create space. Unfortunately that means Pedersen goes for me.

I think he'll have to compete for a place in the middle in a 4-5-1 formation similar to the role he played last season. He was never fast, and unless we can keep possession and move our play upfield so he can receive the ball and cross without beating his man, he will never be efficient on the wing. But it's a long season, he's a hard-working player who I'm sure will play a part in several games despite not being a key player (any more). Anyone currently starting or in the fringes of the first team I would keep, and strengthen with a couple of quick/mobile players in the January window.

i think it goes without saying the obvious deadwood should go

Anderson, Linganzi, Slew - none of whom look like stepping to the mark

Goodwille - a never has been

Dunn, unfortunately, is finished - too injury prone

CKR , get shut as soon as possible - massive over-ego and attitude issues - am i right in hearing that he kicked off prior to the huddersfield game, after being dropped to the bench, then walked out???

Dann - a massive liabillity - he has cost us so many goals - gotta get rid in january, and hope we can get a replacement

i think we should keep hold of Gomez and Peds at least till summer - experiance will be required, especially as the pressure mounts (hoping we are in the mix nearer the end)

One thing you can't fault Pedersen for and that's his attitude.

He's a good guy to have around, experienced and will knuckle down to get back into the side. Don't think he'll be shifted out in Jan.

That bit in bold's a joke right? :huh:

If we could shift just MGP, CKR, and Goodwillie all of whom are worse than useless imo then that alone would probably give Berg quite a bit of room to manoevure in the January market.

If Murphy and Etuhu stay fit then I can't really see much game time for Dunn either much as I like him and I would imagine he's one of our higher earners. Maybe Berg might think we need Dunny as cover but I think Formica could fulfill that role as he is better centrally than wide right anyway imo.

As for all our fringe players I hope Berg looks closely at them all and if they're good enough give 'em a chance. If not get shut.

Archived