SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol city

ABBEY

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mitesh mitz Chauhan@Mitz3000

@CryerRovers your going to talk yourself out of a job. Your supposed to be for Blackburn. Don't call them a mid-table side.

But we *are* a mid-table championship side.

Some fans are just massively deluded and don't live in the real world.

Sounded like an easy win really, good on Bowyer for putting a proper team out. That means Brighton away will be moved doesn't it, when will we ever play them?

It was !

Two nil, flatters Bristol City, whilst it also kind of lets Rovers down a little, as the final score should have been by more goals.

Rovers always looked a class above City but lets not get carried away but there was plenty of positives .

Couldn't be a better time to play Wolves.

If they haven't sacked their manager by then, surely they will when, not if, Rovers beat them, Barnsley all over again !

He's got to have been sacked by then to be honest, can't see them having someone else in so soon though. Took them a few months to get a new manager in last time, just hope they don't have a Gary Bowyer type to take them over in the meantime.

Thought Lowe and Rhodes were poor today, shame Henley was injured as he'd looked good until then.
I thought Rhodes didn't really get the service. I'm not too keen on the partnership with CLR, he seems to greedy and doesn't feed his partner.

I'm interested to see if Rhodes and Best can link up.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed today (apart from the one-eyed ref). It felt a bit like the old times. We look organised and hardworking. Players pressing all the time not giving the opposition time. Even Murphy seemed decent today - kept things very simple and linked up well.

Long may it continue.

why???

Rhodes is going nowhere

Nothing to prevent him:

http://www.inbrief.co.uk/football-law/footballers-transfer-in-season.htm

Are there any rules in place which limit how many clubs a player can play for in one season?

Currently under the FIFA Transfer Regulations a football player is unable to play for more than three teams in one season. This applies whether the player has been transferred or simply is on loan with that club.

This also applies regardless of what country that player has plied his trade in, whether that is in Europe, Africa or South America. As long as a player has represented a club in a league under the adjudication of a FIFA Member Association they will only be able to play for three different clubs.

Quite enjoyable despite the obvious lack of atmosphere.

The only downside really was some poor final balls when we could have done much better.

I like how Bowyer is setting us up, really can't complain so far although its still well and truly honeymoon period so not getting too giddy, yet.

I thought Rhodes didn't really get the service. I'm not too keen on the partnership with CLR, he seems to greedy and doesn't feed his partner.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed today (apart from the one-eyed ref). It felt a bit like the old times. We look organised and hardworking. Players pressing all the time not giving the opposition time. Even Murphy seemed decent today - kept things very simple and linked up well.

Long may it continue.

Thought Rhodes didnt make himself available to get any service. CKR looks a far stronger boy would be looking at Best and CKR maybe.

For those that went today, how did Rosado look? What kind of player is he?

He played quite well, looked eager to get forward and put himself about too. Like numerous others he chose the wrong ball at times but I guess you could point towards a lack of first team experience contributing to that.

CKR looks a far stronger boy would be looking at Best and CKR maybe.

He may be a more physical presence but that should help him to work with Rhodes. They haven't yet got an understanding put from what I've seen a big part of that is because CKR is too greedy. At least twice today he could have laid off a simple ball to Rhodes in the six yard box for a tap in and instead chose to shoot - and missed badly.

3 wins on the spin should be fantastic. But I find myself just going through the motions these days. In the past celebrations were bordering on the manic, today when we scored there was just a ripple of applause throughout the ground. Even as the game started it was so eerily quiet could still hear the clunking of turnstiles.

From a personal point of view I hope the passion will eventually come back but until the circus leaves town I can't see it. 5,504 is very much our future sadly.

He played quite well, looked eager to get forward and put himself about too. Like numerous others he chose the wrong ball at times but I guess you could point towards a lack of first team experience contributing to that.

Thanks mate. Good that he's not letting that mistake against Huddersfield effect him.

Long may it continue.

It even SOUNDED that way on the radio so he must have been. One goal and two wins and it sounds like he is up to his selfish antics again. Not good for the team. Thankfully it did not cost us, this time.

Much deserved victory today. Fair play to bowyer another win with that lot of crap is a minor miracle.

We have 5 players that think they are Lionel messi but without the ability. Rochina, Gomes, vukevic, king when he came on and the arguably the worst offender ckr. Who all have a go at the tricks rarely succeed mind and certainly never in final third.

Lowe is a steady away player (but not the best today) but still don't know to this day what he is. He isn't a box to box player, a player who breaks up play, a player who sprays passes, a tackler, a player who attacks, not got pace but isn't slow either just fills a shirt. Would never win or lose you a game. Never in the top 5 players but never in bottom 5. Just a player in the most general sense.

And because of shabbys mantra of we do not need any players there is no balance to the team.

So best of luck Gary Bowyer still not convinced long term promoting the reserves coach (bad memories of the lying one) is a good move but if he keeps this up against all those odds he could have a go at turning water to wine, walking on water, etc.

Anyone know what went on with CKR after the game? Sounds like a 16 year old abused him or something

Dont know he came over to the riverside after the game applauding the fans, then threw his shirt into the crowd to applause, then he went off applauding the Blackburn end didnt see anything untoward up to that point.

3 wins on the spin should be fantastic. But I find myself just going through the motions these days. In the past celebrations were bordering on the manic, today when we scored there was just a ripple of applause throughout the ground. Even as the game started it was so eerily quiet could still hear the clunking of turnstiles.

From a personal point of view I hope the passion will eventually come back but until the circus leaves town I can't see it. 5,504 is very much our future sadly.

3 wins on the spin don't think that has happened in a long long time probably 2007/08 season still not getting carried away but there seems to be some team spirit showing through at last hope it continues .

Archived