BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bristol city

ABBEY

He is a left footed player, with very good techinal ability. Get and down the pitch. but simliar to Rochina but less Greedy.

half decent footballer and decent football brain but nowhere near physically strong enough or quick enough-then gets cramp and goes off in a game played at practice match tempo.Not going far in this league with his type

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was !

Two nil, flatters Bristol City, whilst it also kind of lets Rovers down a little, as the final score should have been by more goals.

Rovers always looked a class above City but lets not get carried away but there was plenty of positives .

Had players passed, rather than shoot to people in better positions, then it would have been at least 5 or 6.

I thought Rhodes didn't really get the service. I'm not too keen on the partnership with CLR, he seems to greedy and doesn't feed his partner.

I'm interested to see if Rhodes and Best can link up.

Aside from that, I really enjoyed today (apart from the one-eyed ref). It felt a bit like the old times. We look organised and hardworking. Players pressing all the time not giving the opposition time. Even Murphy seemed decent today - kept things very simple and linked up well.

Long may it continue.

Spot on

Thought Rhodes didnt make himself available to get any service. CKR looks a far stronger boy would be looking at Best and CKR maybe.

Really?? I saw at least 4 times when Rhodes was free for a tap in. I also saw him made run after run, but the likes of Rochina or CKR didnt pass until it was too late, or instead they simply shot wide.

He may be a more physical presence but that should help him to work with Rhodes. They haven't yet got an understanding put from what I've seen a big part of that is because CKR is too greedy. At least twice today he could have laid off a simple ball to Rhodes in the six yard box for a tap in and instead chose to shoot - and missed badly.

Exactly - I counted at least 4 great chances had they squared the ball to Rhodes, each of which would have been a tap in - but CKR (2), King & Olsson didnt pass to him. CKR was by far the greediest player on the pitch and he needs to be b0llocked for it!

Hughesy I hope you tell your kids to shoot and not pass and when they miss I hope you work on developing their shooting or should we say passing into the net.

But surely if someone is in a much better position to shoot than you are, it is better to give them the ball?

But surely if someone is in a much better position to shoot than you are, it is better to give them the ball?

Yes, its either or cn174

The moments Hughesy refers to can you remember them cause I cant, but I am very critical of the finishing today it was poor .

Personally I thought Rhodes worked very hard for very little reward today. CKR was greedy/wasteful/often lazy and didn't play well with Rhodes. But that's being picky. Basically today it was almost too easy and, as whoever was sitting behind me said, they didn't look like a championship side. We scarcely got out of first gear because once Murphy scored we didn't really need to. Bristol city had one good shot but you always felt they knew they were beaten from very early on.

Personally I thought Rhodes worked very hard for very little reward today. CKR was greedy/wasteful/often lazy and didn't play well with Rhodes. But that's being picky. Basically today it was almost too easy and, as whoever was sitting behind me said, they didn't look like a championship side. We scarcely got out of first gear because once Murphy scored we didn't really need to. Bristol city had one good shot but you always felt they knew they were beaten from very early on.

They looked beaten before they kicked off.

Anyone want to do some player ratings?

Kean - (7) Steady once again, made a decent save in the first half pushing a header over the bar. Other than that, nothing really to note.

Hanley - (8) Thought he played well today and saw a few Samba-esque runs from defence. Took his goal well and was pretty solid with Dann in CD. Although, it should be noted Bristol City didn't really attack much.

Dann - (7) Another solid performance and won everything in the air. Did well to set up Hanley's goal and both looked comfortable, albeit a poor Bristol attack.

Olsson - (8) Man of the match for me. Some great bursting runs going up and solid at the back. Would like to see more of this kind of performance with him pushing up to give us more wide options.

Lowe - (6) Poor game from him today, did nothing other than run around and slow play down. Showed today that we desperately lack cover in that midfield.

Murphy - (7) Steady midfield performance and did the basics right. Good strike for his goal and hopefully his performances continue to improve. Bowyer also outlined his importance off the field.

Rosado - (5) Probably the worst player on the pitch in my opinion. Created nothing offensively and didn't do much defensively. I likened him to a taller Keith Andrews which I stick by.

Rochina - (6) Typical Rochina performance. At times showed glimpses of brilliance but at the same time he is very frustrating to watch. Lacks decision making which is crucial for a player of his calibre.

CKR - (6) A lot like Rochina, showed glimpses but again poor decision making probably cost us a goal.

Rhodes - (6) Very much like his performances all season, if he gets a goal he'd get an 8, otherwise a standard performance and desperatly lacked the service which he craves. Mainly down to the poor decision making by the above 2 players.

I've missed out Henley as he was injured early on but he looked one of the brighter players in that half an hour he played.

Vuckevic was played out of position therefore not fair to judge him.

Decent performance, job done and more importantly the winning streak continues which I believe would have been the order of the day.

5504 attendance? Ouch.

I'm not that surprised to be honest. It was a third round FA cup game, no element of romance in the fixture and they were charging league game prices.

Olsson - (8) Man of the match for me. Some great bursting runs going up and solid at the back. Would like to see more of this kind of performance with him pushing up to give us more wide options.

Call me a cynic, but his recent performances scream ''look at me, I'm in the shop window''.

I know we'll get slated for our attendance but what have our previous 3rd round attendances been against poor teams?

I would imagine we've had 10-15k gates. So we're probably down by the same as we are for most league games.

I'm not that surprised to be honest. It was a third round FA cup game, no element of romance in the fixture and they were charging league game prices.

Call me a cynic, but his recent performances scream ''look at me, I'm in the shop window''.

I wouldn't call you that. You nailed it.

I know we'll get slated for our attendance but what have our previous 3rd round attendances been against poor teams?

I would imagine we've had 10-15k gates. So we're probably down by the same as we are for most league games.

As posted las tnight on the other thread:-

Just for curiosity early round FA Cup game attendances in the last 10 years or so. Games in bold were on a Saturday. Games in green are from last time we were in the Championship.

FA Cup Gates

2010/11 QPR - 10284

2008/09 Sunderland - 10112

2008/09 COVENTRY - 15053

2005/06 QPR - 12705

2004/05 Cardiff - 9140

2004/05 COLCHESTER - 10634

2002/03 Sunderland - 14315

2001/02 Barnsley - 10203

2000/01 CHESTER - 15223

2000/01 DERBY - 18858

1999/00 West Brom - 11766

1998/99 CHARLTON - 16631

Looking at that we have only dipped under 10,000 once in the FA CUP which was a midweek replay against Cardiff.

I am surprised that there has been no comment about the referee yet. I thought it was one of the most erratic refereeing performances I have seen for a long time. Fortunately his random and often wrong decision making didn't have a bearing on the result but his antics had us laughing.

The game was a walk over, akin to the senior team playing a youth eleven. As said elsewhere it really should have been five or six nil. The highlight for me was the excellent first touch and movement of the team. We looked in complete control at the back, with only the front three/four not really doing their job well enough.

One other point: we effectively played the match without a defensive midfield player in the centre of the pitch. I doubt if we can get away with that set up against more demanding opposition.

Came away from the Bristol City game at Ewood yesterday happy with the result but disappointed with the attendance at least it makes getting off the blackburn end car park easier also amazed that Jordan Rhodes has managed to score 13 goals for the rovers playing with some of the greediest glory seeking individuals in my 60 years of following the club it seems playing your team mate in does not seem to enter their thinking if it had Bristol would have conceded 5or6 goals I am of course referring to Rochina,Rosada,CKR and King these players need telling this is a TEAM game not about individual glory Alan Shearer himself would have struggled to score playing with this lot.

Archived