BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

If he gets the job and does well, he'll be supported, if he doesn't, he won't.

It's not very difficult, football fans are broadly the same the world over.

As long as you keep winning, we'll support you.

If you don't we won't support you.

Cold.

Whatever happened to the rough with the smooth?

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont forget Terry McPhilips you guys equally important to Gary Bowyer.

All Venkys have to do now is just give these guys the best central midfielder that they would like, that would give them that extra added competitive edge and let them get on with it.

I think the underlying point is GB acts like a proper manager, as opposed to Coco - that is he gets the team playing to their strengths, and we actually win more than we lose.....like in olden times. As a fan you don't mind the rough with the smooth because you can see the end game. With these Clowns in charge they have no idea, no vision, no experience, and for the most part no interest - we are an afterthought to promote the Venkys brand, but now they've Keane'd up they are panicking.

As long as you keep winning, we'll support you.

If you don't we won't support you.

Cold.

Whatever happened to the rough with the smooth?

For crying out loud, was that what I said?

NO.

Have you got a problem with English comprehension or are you on the wind up?

Does well = wins more than he loses, we climb the table.

Does poorly = in charge for 20 or so games with a win % of less than 30.

Umkay, or do you want a crayon drawing?

For crying out loud, was that what I said?

NO.

Have you got a problem with English comprehension or are you on the wind up?

Does well = wins more than he loses, we climb the table.

Does poorly = in charge for 20 or so games with a win % of less than 30.

Umkay, or do you want a crayon drawing?

Bit OTT Bryan. Calm down, you touchy beggar. It wasn't a personal slight I was making at you.

But the PL era has meant we (again, generally, not you) have been spoiled.

However, you will support Bowyer if he wins more than he loses? It's not a massive leap to get to my post from that.

Bowyer has done well since he came in, organising and motivating a disillusioned squad. (Vuckevic looked like a new signing when he came on today). I'm therefore prepared to give him the benefit if any doubt if we go on a lean streak.

And less of the insults, eh?

That's not the way your post came across at all.

After a few days of an upset stomach and dealing with mad slags with pushchairs and at supermarkets I'm about ready to explode.

Sorry that you got it, but I didn't see that your response was deserved, it seemed a direct reply to me. Perhaps if you'd expanded on it a little ...

I'm just off to stick my assault rifle out of my 4th floor window and take pot shots at deserving people.

That's not the way your post came across at all.

After a few days of an upset stomach and dealing with mad slags with pushchairs and at supermarkets I'm about ready to explode.

Sorry that you got it, but I didn't see that your response was deserved, it seemed a direct reply to me. Perhaps if you'd expanded on it a little ...

I'm just off to stick my assault rifle out of my 4th floor window and take pot shots at deserving people.

I should have, sorry mate.

Gary bought his youth team down to my local club over the summer. He still has strong links to Hereford United where his dad managed and he played. Seems to have a great relationship with the squad and also knows the fringe players inside out. It's too early to know if he will make a go of it but 3 wins on the bounce is a great start. 8 for and 1 against is great as well. Don't think he could have got off to a better start really.

Gary bought his youth team down to my local club over the summer. He still has strong links to Hereford United where his dad managed and he played. Seems to have a great relationship with the squad and also knows the fringe players inside out. It's too early to know if he will make a go of it but 3 wins on the bounce is a great start. 8 for and 1 against is great as well. Don't think he could have got off to a better start really.

By the end of todays game. we had Martin Olsson at Left back, Vuckcevic at right back, MGP and Murphy in midfield, Rochina, Rhodes, CKR and Josh King on the pitch. In these lads we carried a real threat on the pitch, fortunately some of their final balls or end product let them down, but it was good to see never the less and provided entertainment now how many times could you say that this season.

i dont want to rain on bowyer's parade as far as fans' views on him are concerned and he has done what has been required of him, you cant ask for any more than three win but if we disect the three teams rovers have played then you will see that we have played the worst team in this division in barnsley, a forest side that lost at home to a struggling league 1 side and have yet to convince in under mcleish and a rank rotten bristol city side, i dont think people should be advocating giving bowyer the job as we havent played a proper side under his caretakership yet, i still believe we cant run the risk of appointing another novice, if things start going pearshaped then people's views will start to turn, fans are known for being fickle, if there is any decent managers out there we cant just ignore them on the basis of bowyer being a 'rovers man' etc, nor can we rest our hopes on him getting us promoted because once the 'new manager effect' has worn off, the players will probably revert to type, we need a solid experienced manager to get us over the line.

deserve is a strong word, he was chosen because there was noone left, yes if he carries on winning fair enough but eventually rovers will come unstuck against someone and we could go on another bad run, he hasnt the experience to overcome that if it happens, a proven manager would know how to turn it around!!!

Don't think Kean got off to 3 wins on the bounce although I do agree with you. If we have won every game at the end of jan it could be a bit different.
Don't think Kean got off to 3 wins on the bounce although I do agree with you. If we have won every game at the end of Jan it could be a bit different.

A bit more accurate.

It just makes you think, how bad must Berg have been to do so poorly? And remember, this is the guy who slagged off Souness's tactical nous.

Let's not get carried away so early, we haven't met very good sides yet under Bowyer. Berg enjoyed some bad luck as well, let's not forget, by conceding some goals in the final minutes of games - that's down to team nervousness. If you read the particular game situation where he 'fell out' with Souey I think you'll find that he actually had a good point.

Forest are a decent side in this league, and Barnsley played some good stuff down at Ewood, you can only beat your opposition, at present we are a championship team beating championship rivals.
I don't understand why a section of fans seem hell bent on putting down our good results to poor opposition.

It's as though some Rovers supporters WANT us to lose for some kind of self-gratification and are unhappy when we win!!

• Backroom

I could sort of understand the desire to want us to lose under Kean because every loss made him look like a worse manager and in theory made his position more untenable. Some of us could see that we weren't going to stay in the premier league with him as manager, so results were a bit of an irrelevance Even wins were tainted with Kean in charge - I didn't celebrate our 3-2 win over Utd. It was very much a 'meh' moment because I knew we'd be back to our usual awful ways in no time and meanwhile the media would use the win against Utd as another stick to beat the Rovers fans with and big up their favourite bald-headed friend. As it turns out I believe we lost our next match 2-0 at home to Stoke and the media did indeed crucify Rovers fans again thanks to that win.

With all of that said, nobody should want the team to lose now. There's no guarantee Venky's will leave the club even if we do go down again, so we might as well support the team and pray for some kind of miracle that involves Venky's selling up to somebody decent and the team sneaking into the playoffs under the guidance of G-Bow (assuming Venky's aren't going to hire anybody remotely credible).

I don't understand why a section of fans seem hell bent on putting down our good results to poor opposition.

It's as though some Rovers supporters WANT us to lose for some kind of self-gratification and are unhappy when we win!!

Forest are an average side in a poor league. Barnsley are the bottom of a poor league, while Bristol City are second bottom and were apparently very poor.

You know Stuart, you can either be honest about things, or you can kid yourself.

Archived