BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Stuart

Forest are an average side in a poor league. Barnsley are the bottom of a poor league, while Bristol City are second bottom and were apparently very poor.

You know Stuart, you can either be honest about things, or you can kid yourself.

You used the word 'apparently'. Did you go?

I can only go off what I have seen. We have been known to play badly against bad sides but from what I've seen, we have been playing well.

I agree we need to start performing against better teams but my point is, if we beat Wolves on Friday there will be plenty focusing on how "Wolves are without a manager", or "Their new manager has only had a couple of days", rather than "Wow, four wins on the bounce".

It's depressing enough with everything that has been, and is, going on at the club, but it's even worse that we aren't even allowed to enjoy victories.

Hell, some folk don't even want fans to attend. Then others who make a point about the low attendances.

Why do we even bother being Rovers fans these days??

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You used the word 'apparently'. Did you go?

I can only go off what I have seen. We have been known to play badly against bad sides but from what I've seen, we have been playing well.

I agree we need to start performing against better teams but my point is, if we beat Wolves on Friday there will be plenty focusing on how "Wolves are without a manager", or "Their new manager has only had a couple of days", rather than "Wow, four wins on the bounce".

It's depressing enough with everything that has been, and is, going on at the club, but it's even worse that we aren't even allowed to enjoy victories.

Hell, some folk don't even want fans to attend. Then others who make a point about the low attendances.

Why do we even bother being Rovers fans these days??

I'm simply commenting on the standard of teams we've played under Bowyer Stuart. There's no real argument there, is there?

No, I didn't go yesterday, but are you telling me that Bristol City played well, because every report I've read has said they were very poor?

bowyer inherited a bunch of players, who had not gotten good resuklts for a while, with that in mind, i´m impressed.

still early, but with 3 wins in a row, i can understand why he is given a wee bit of time. I´d still prefer someone with a bit more experience, we will see how it goes.

I'm simply commenting on the standard of teams we've played under Bowyer Stuart. There's no real argument there, is there?

No, I didn't go yesterday, but are you telling me that Bristol City played well, because every report I've read has said they were very poor?

I disagree bout Forest but Barnsley and Bristol are where they are for a reason, I'd agree. However, it's a lot tighter a league in the Championship and teams near the bottom in December aren't always cut adrift like the are in the PL. Teams down there can also be banana skins.

I wouldn't say Bristol were very poor, I just felt that we played well, in spite of a very one-eyed referee. Had it not been for some selfish play by CKR, we could have had 4 or 5 yesterday.

We just seem more organised and motivated under Gary Bowyer. I don't think the standard of opposition is the only factor affecting how we set ourselves up as a team.

Let's look at the good as well as the bad, is all I'm saying. A bit of balance at least.

You can only beat what is in front of you. I'd say what has been achieved thus far is extremely impressive indeed:

From what I am picking up, he turned a beaten looking group of players into a winning group.

He has stabilised team selection and tactics

He does have a plan B- Forest second half

Rovers are playing better football.

The off field farce and the three morons are being managed away from affecting morale

How many of these, if any, have we had since the chickens arrived?

You can only beat what is in front of you. I'd say what has been achieved thus far is extremely impressive indeed:

From what I am picking up, he turned a beaten looking group of players into a winning group.

He has stabilised team selection and tactics

He does have a plan B- Forest second half

Rovers are playing better football.

The off field farce and the three morons are being managed away from affecting morale

How many of these, if any, have we had since the chickens arrived?

Whatever happens, we do look organised as a team, we havent looked properly organised since Allardyce, too early to call on Bowyer yet but he has done the business to date, I note training is fun, thats good because you train hard, enjoy it, without the realisation its hard work, that is the principle of PE teachers nowadays, make the kids enjoy it and they will naturally get the fitness levels rather than rebel, which many did when I attended school!

Fair points about quality of opposition den. Wolves will be an interesting test - they are in a similar position to us, with a good squad for the league, all over the place in terms of leadership and focus, looking for a new manager. I'm sitting on the fence for a month, see what happens. It's such a circus at Rovers it's hard to know if we ever will get an established name.

The success that bowyer has had with the reserves makes him qualified enough, a lot of people would take solskjaer yet bowyer out smarted him and beat his united team every season.

Think some people just want rovers to fail now.

Think some people just want rovers to fail now.

Hand on heart, I don't believe any Rovers fans genuinely wants us to fail but I think their judgement has been clouded.

For instance, do people really hate Venkys more than they love Rovers? I doubt it.

It's possible that some of the people who have stopped going don't want us to succeed so that they can be proven right in their decision to quit Ewood. However, our biggest enemy right now is not bitterness but apathy.

You make your own luck to some extent. If you are confident in what you are doing then you try things that come off whereas if you are not confident you either hesitate to try or you panic and don't do them wholeheartedly. Yesterday Murphy hit a shot that didn't seem to do much but somehow the keeper who appeared to get 2 hands to it, failed to stop it. Luck or just something he wouldn't normally have done

• Backroom
Rovers wont do anything in this league with Lowe in the team thats just one weakness Etuhu has proved another.

Apart from the fact Lowe mopped up 80% of loose balls the last few games, contributing to the defensive stability we've seen, I agree.

Apart from the fact Lowe mopped up 80% of loose balls the last few games, contributing to the defensive stability we've seen, I agree.

Disagree you make him sound like a hard tackler which hes far from that. Change him for the better model and watch the teams chances improve

Disagree you make him sound like a hard tackler which hes far from that. Change him for the better model and watch the teams chances improve

Not sure there's much benefit to being a hard tackler in the modern game. Sadly the sport is slowly shifting into the non-contact category, you can be booked or sent off for simple intent these days and the number of perfectly timed, clean but hard sliding tackles you see given as fouls these days is infuriating. Look at Ameobi's sending off for Newcastle yesterday, utterly ridiculous, 2 of the softest tackles you'll ever see.

I'd say its more important for defensive midfielders these days to have good positioning, a good ability to read the game and be reasonably confident in possession.

• Backroom

No I don't. I imply he has played well for three games and tackled tidily and helpfully in front of defence. Nowhere am I suggesting he's a godsend of any sort.

Not sure there's much benefit to being a hard tackler in the modern game. Sadly the sport is slowly shifting into the non-contact category, you can be booked or sent off for simple intent these days and the number of perfectly timed, clean but hard sliding tackles you see given as fouls these days is infuriating. Look at Ameobi's sending off for Newcastle yesterday, utterly ridiculous, 2 of the softest tackles you'll ever see.

I'd say its more important for defensive midfielders these days to have good positioning, a good ability to read the game and be reasonably confident in possession.

That's a good point. Tiote is a very good player at Newcastle but it always seems to be a matter of time before he's booked.

Rovers wont do anything in this league with Lowe in the team thats just one weakness Etuhu has proved another.

You really don't like him, do you? Did he used to deliver your papers wrongly or something?

You're being way too hard on him. I even think he's improving.

Someone mentinoed the other day he'd be good in a Savage type role. Pressing people and playing simple passes to those around him who can provide the quality. He's certainly decent cover if we brought in a box-to-box type midfielder.

No I don't. I imply he has played well for three games and tackled tidily and helpfully in front of defence. Nowhere am I suggesting he's a godsend of any sort.

He was the worst player for Rovers against Bristol City. For now I wish we had a better central midfielder, then at least the team could look as if they could fill that potential of going up.

You could apply that logic to any player.

True, just throwing in where to start in changing a midtable team into a promotion one. I'm certainly not suggesting to get rid of him just replace him for now

With whom would you replace him? We're not buying so who currently at the club could do better in the role. The lad has for you obviously taken on the role of scapegoat. He's not the best but he's what we've got and I don't think he played worse than rosado yesterday.

With whom would you replace him? We're not buying so who currently at the club could do better in the role. The lad has for you obviously taken on the role of scapegoat. He's not the best but he's what we've got and I don't think he played worse than rosado yesterday.

Agree entirely. Lowe is a decent prospect but suddenly the expectation being put on him far outweighs his age and status. If Lowe can learn when to press and when to stand off plus master consistent accurate passing to better technical players over 10-15 yards he can make a decent career for himself.

Will leave that to the people running the club ( the experts) if they dont see it as a problem, then fine. But it will be championship football again for Rovers next season and the season after it, if, they dont change it.

Archived