BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

OK Roost---apology accepted. If I can spell out what I believe without inflaming the situation, it's this:

We will NEVER prosper under Venkys. They are too eccentric (to put it mildly) and not interested in the usual, football outcomes. They have their agenda.

Their agenda won't work while we are in the Championship so promotion is essential to them.

Once gained they will stay longer.

Once again fans are in a dilemma but ITS NOT THEIR FAULT.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you seriously see us getting promotion under venky's?

I have grave doubts, particularly if they have to slash the wage bill further.

They're way way way out of their depth. Which is ironic really as they sacked Williams and Allardyce because they are out of their depth, yet they needed both because ... they are out of their depth.

I can only see things getting worse.

So I think to worry about Venky's staying forever because we'll get promoted is like worrying about being prosecuted for bigamy after marrying both Patsy kensit and Elise du Toit because they turned up on your doorstep both gagging for it.

• Backroom

Stopped reading here. The fans aren't to blame for anything.

And yet you feel you can judge what he wrote? Read it properly and you'll probably agree with him. It's a different take on yhe 'fans to blame' argument.

Stopped reading here. The fans aren't to blame for anything.

100% agree with this... but, we as supporters need to get behind the lads. Imagine everyday you went to work you had a few hundred people constantly shouting insults at you and telling you how @#/? you are at your job, I would imagine your productivity and ability to carry out your job to a quality standard would diminish pretty quickly. We ALL hate Venkys and what they have done to our club but spending £20 to go to Ewood and shout abuse at a couple of very rich and very ignorant Indians for 90 minutes isn't really going to achieve anything at all... except 3 points for Charlton Athletic.

The atmosphere at away games needs to be carried on at Ewood if we are to have any chance of making something of this season - nothing wrong with a few 'Shebby is a keaner' chants etc but the majority get behind the team and the manager for the whole of matches - a siege mentality has sorted the mess out on the pitch, why can't it galvanise and unite us long suffering fans?

If we let Ewood descend into a cauldron of hate again we will play right into the hands of the opposition. It would be much more worthwhile to get down to Ewood, sing our hearts out for the lads and the new manager and rise above the clowns from Pune.

Of course, it will probably all go boobies up and we will inevitably be lambasted in the press thanks to some half wit's classic idea of letting a chicken onto the pitch. Poor Appleton, he's got no idea what he's just walked into.

100% agree with this... but, we as supporters need to get behind the lads. Imagine everyday you went to work you had a few hundred people constantly shouting insults at you and telling you how @#/? you are at your job, I would imagine your productivity and ability to carry out your job to a quality standard would diminish pretty quickly. We ALL hate Venkys and what they have done to our club but spending £20 to go to Ewood and shout abuse at a couple of very rich and very ignorant Indians for 90 minutes isn't really going to achieve anything at all... except 3 points for Charlton Athletic.

But we're not talking about the players, are we? So what's your point?

And we've won matches in spite of protests (and Steve Kean for a manager). If anything, it probably takes the pressure off those on the pitch.

Looks like we've come full-circle all over again. I don't think anyone's learned anything from the past 12 months.

The atmosphere at away games needs to be carried on at Ewood if we are to have any chance of making something of this season - nothing wrong with a few 'Shebby is a keaner' chants etc but the majority get behind the team and the manager for the whole of matches - a siege mentality has sorted the mess out on the pitch, why can't it galvanise and unite us long suffering fans?

If we let Ewood descend into a cauldron of hate again we will play right into the hands of the opposition. It would be much more worthwhile to get down to Ewood, sing our hearts out for the lads and the new manager and rise above the clowns from Pune.

Of course, it will probably all go boobies up and we will inevitably be lambasted in the press thanks to some half wit's classic idea of letting a chicken onto the pitch. Poor Appleton, he's got no idea what he's just walked into.

Just about sums up what I think.

And this is why the fans are partially to blame for the situation.

brilliant I almost fell out of my chair with side splitting laughter at this statement my question to you klc is this did the fans make the shambolic mistakes of appointing coco the clown and Henning Berg? did the fans make the decisions to get rid of JW, TF, MG and the football people running rovers? did the fans make the wrong decisions over and over again without learning from their mistakes? the answer to these is no so how you can say the fans are partially to blame for this mess is uncomprehensiblebecause of THEIR decisions this club is in this mess no-one else's fault theirs.

The way I see it is if Venkys are not given all barrels on Saturday then we should all shut up about them from now on because frankly if we can't muster up a decent negative response to their shambolic balls up then we deserve all we get.

And this is why the fans are partially to blame for the situation. Want to talk about football, forget it. Want to have a reasoned debate about the club, forget it. Happy that we have won 3 and drawn 1 and are on something of a roll, forget it. Want to forget about the world and enjoy your football team, through good or bad, forget it cos according to some you are a traitor :wacko:

No much better to pretend that during the past 130 years the club listened extensively to the fans and cared passionately about what we all felt, never mind the crumbling terraces and @#/? poor facilities along with selling anyone that could be sold for 10 bob. Nope this is nostalgia, Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were. *

You want to chant against the owners, fine do it but support the fecking team at the same time and don't look down on those who simply want to enjoy their recreational time or don't share your view that administration would be a good thing. Don't like the Raos, simple find the 45 million quid required to buy the club, must be easy as according to quite a few on here they are total morons and surely if morons can accumulate that kind of money it should be easy for some of the intellectuals on here...

* Proust

Bloody awful post. It's fans like you that are more part of the problem, happily acquiescing to the Raos and playing down their utter incompetence as owners of Rovers.

I am only 27 so can't remember the old days, but as far as I know never were we almost universally accepted as the worst run club in English football as we are now, so don't even begin to claim this is in any way analogous with other parts of our history. We might have had times we were poorly run but this is totally different to anything that has come before.

The current owners inherited the business from their dad. Still there's plenty of morons who have even more money - look at Donald Trump for one. And while they might not be bad at running a chicken business, they seem to be inept at most other things and most importantly at running a football club.

And the argument that "if you don't like it find £45 million" is a particularly ridiculous one. We are the fans and without us there wouldn't have even been a club for the Raos to buy and screw up in the first place. We are more than entitled to have our say and protest when things aren't going well.

Clueless doesn't even begin to describe it...

Oh Sydney, KLC is not suggesting that no protest takes place, I honestly think we have done enough and no amount of shouting will change their minds. They will do what ever they please. It is not acquiescing to take the view that the team is the reason we are there atthe match, the team, the match, the collectiveness against the odds is what I think being a fan is about. Support your team and cheer when they score and win.

The way I see it is if Venkys are not given all barrels on Saturday then we should all shut up about them from now on because frankly if we can't muster up a decent negative response to their shambolic balls up then we deserve all we get.

Your post and Sydney Rovers below it say it all for me.

Ewood Spark will have Ewood to himself soon. What a positive experience that will be.

The club is dying at every level----attendances, quality of playing staff, quality of admin staff, quality of the match day experience,lack of sponsors and so on.

So let's indulge the fantasies of some board members.

Set the scene .... Saturday comes and the Raos stupidly show up at Ewood.

The oh-so-predictable poisonous pre-match atmosphere gravitates to the pitch and leads to the inevitable 'nervy' mistake filled performance that has become the norm for a home fixture over the past 27 months. In an uncanny repetition of 'The Bolton fixture' (December 2011) the atmosphere and performance feed off each other in a 'dance to destruction'. The Raos are caught like rabbits in the headlights of hate directed towards them.

They break.

In their hurried departure from Ewood and wanting nothing more to do with the nightmare unfolding around them they declare that they are donating the club to the fans ... for free ( remember this is a fantasy ).

Word leaks out, and Ewood celebrates like it is 1995 and the town is drunk dry.

So far so good?

Ok What happens next?

Who pays Jordan's wages this month?

Who pays the cleaners wages this month?

Will Brockhall be kept from the salivating clutches of developers for two months or three?

How long will it take until the likes of Bury are considered to be members of our peer group?

Any answers welcome.

The oh-so-predictable poisonous pre-match atmosphere gravitates to the pitch and leads to the inevitable 'nervy' mistake filled performance that has become the norm for a home fixture over the past 27 months. In an uncanny repetition of 'The Bolton fixture' (December 2011) the atmosphere and performance feed off each other in a 'dance to destruction'. The Raos are caught like rabbits in the headlights of hate directed towards them.

They break.

In their hurried departure from Ewood and wanting nothing more to do with the nightmare unfolding around them they declare that they are donating the club to the fans ... for free ( remember this is a fantasy ).

So far so good?

Ok What happens next?

Will Brockhall be kept from the salivating clutches of developers for two months or three?

How long will it take until the likes of Bury are considered to be members of our peer group?

Any answers welcome.

Question for you. If Raos remain how long before we are down with the likes of Bury anyway?

They break.

So far so good?

Ok What happens next?

Any answers welcome.

Plenty of answers here.

Do you think the poisonous pre match atmosphere of the protests at the Arsenal, Swansea and Norwich games led to the victories against those sides?

Fact is the protests had nothing to do with the Bolton result. We lost that game because we had a terrible manager kept in place by those morons YOU kept on backing.

Do you really think the Raos are paying Jordan's wages out of their own pocket? You have absolutely no idea do you?

His transfer fee came out of the circa £30 million we got for Samba and Jones, and I would imagine the £16 million parachute payments we are getting from the PL this season and next are going a long way to paying his and others wages.

Are you suggesting that if the Raos leave those and other sources of income (gate receipts, TV money) will dry up?

Like the above poster said, if we carry on down this route Bury will be considered in the same peer group.

Open your eyes and admit you've been wrong.

Plenty of answers here.

Do you think the poisonous pre match atmosphere of the protests at the Arsenal, Swansea and Norwich games led to the victories against those sides?

Fact is the protests had nothing to do with the Bolton result.

Spoken like someone who was circa ten thousand miles from the actual events.

Spoken like someone who was circa ten thousand miles from the actual events.
I only moved to Sydney in Jan 2012. I was at the Arsenal and Bolton games.

I find it odd how someone who goes to Ewood every other week is quite as clueless as you are.

Are you actually going to answer the rest of my points?

brilliant I almost fell out of my chair with side splitting laughter at this statement my question to you klc is this did the fans make the shambolic mistakes of appointing coco the clown and Henning Berg? did the fans make the decisions to get rid of JW, TF, MG and the football people running rovers? did the fans make the wrong decisions over and over again without learning from their mistakes? the answer to these is no so how you can say the fans are partially to blame for this mess is uncomprehensiblebecause of THEIR decisions this club is in this mess no-one else's fault theirs.

If you read my post you will at no point find me defending those decisions (or indeed the Raos), indeed i suggest protesting in the final paragraph if that is how you feel about the situation HOWEVER i maintain my assertion that we as fans have created a situation where it no longer possible to talk about the actual football side of things without being dragged into a debate (and all too often a slanging match) about the owners. To blame the owners for our own ability to rise above it and discuss our team, club and so on in a reasoned manner is our fault. THEY MADE ME DO IT is the lowest excuse in the book in my opinion.

Clueless doesn't even begin to describe it...

Thanks for proving my point - a reasonable debate about our club/team is no longer possible without being accused of siding with the enemy or not caring.

Incidentally dismissing everything that happened before you were born and then using the phrase "its cos of the fans that the Raos had something to buy" shows a lack of perspective. It is only Jack Walker that took us up and built the infrastructure and then the money from SKY that have maintained said infrastructure. Income streams during the latter premier league years were approximately 10 - 13% from fans/corporate with the rest coming solely from tv and league position payments (which in turn were funded by tv money).

You assume i am defending our owners, i am not. I am lamenting the fact that myself and others that love the team and club are not being permitted to express this without being accused of being happyclappers or worse.

A football team playing in front of a crowd that cheers them on and only boos the opposition leading to a reconnection between fans and players (who are also a little frustrated with our owners)?

:P

Any answers welcome.

In posing the question surely you are highlighting the crux of the whole discussion. Who is paying Jordan's wages as it's clear the club cannot afford to do do directly?

I think the scenario you paint is very likely correct but it is going to happen at some point regardless of how the support react on Saturday.

The reason why is simple. Rovers are probably on track for an operating loss of 20-25m this season which if promoted could probably just about be sustainable. Without promotion there are major questions as to how the Raos will fund the loss.

History shows us the most likely action is to sell assets. Last season it was players, if we have players of the necessary value I'm sure that will be the first option. If there are no players to sell the Raos either have to finance the club or find other assets to sell off.

How the club reaches the scenario you describe is not the question, it's just a matter of when.

It all boils down to a simple fact, we are losing so much money the Raos are almost certain to walk away or allow us to play Bury. This won't be the supporters fault.

Lol, for the Raos spending money hahahahaha. Jokes the lot of them. All they doing is making it harder and harder for them to ever be accepted by the fans. Why, because instead of facing the fans head on, they are hiding in their mansion, while the 3 stooges fight amongst each other. Treat them like @#/?, for they have treated us and our club like @#/?.

So we'll roll out the red carpet, doff our caps and get out the fatted calf. They can patronise us by waving at us from the directors box. This will give them the distinct impression that we are all happy about their tenure and their decision making. Absolute tosh, they are directly responsible for where we are now, for the fact that we are losing a reported £500k per week, for the loss of around 10k fans, for the decimation of a very good playing squad, for relegation, for the appointment of incompetent people in important positions of power.................I could go on.

We can't control their lunacy but we can certainly let them know how we feel about their wanton destruction and this may be a one shot opportunity. I urge all Rovers fans to give them both barrels on Saturday.

If they take offence at us so what, if that prompts them to re think about their ownership so what. If they never darken our door again so what.

Never forgive, never forget.

In posing the question surely you are highlighting the crux of the whole discussion. Who is paying Jordan's wages as it's clear the club cannot afford to do do directly?

I think the scenario you paint is very likely correct but it is going to happen at some point regardless of how the support react on Saturday.

The reason why is simple. Rovers are probably on track for an operating loss of 20-25m this season which if promoted could probably just about be sustainable. Without promotion there are major questions as to how the Raos will fund the loss.

History shows us the most likely action is to sell assets. Last season it was players, if we have players of the necessary value I'm sure that will be the first option. If there are no players to sell the Raos either have to finance the club or find other assets to sell off.

How the club reaches the scenario you describe is not the question, it's just a matter of when.

It all boils down to a simple fact, we are losing so much money the Raos are almost certain to walk away or allow us to play Bury. This won't be the supporters fault.

Thanks for the reasoned response Paul. No doubt we are where we are due to the inept decision making of the current owners. If what you say is true then we really are between a rock and a hard place .... with no viable alternatives. The only hope we have is that the owners fund the project ... because there is still no sign of a 'White Knight' on the horizon ... and RMS Carpathia doesn't seem to be responding to our mayday!

Anyway my gut feeling is that this debate is academic as I still cannot see them turning up at Ewood on Saturday. For the sake of MichaeI Appleton and the team I hope I am right.

Archived