BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

Message to '47er'.

I noticed that my post last night was 'bookended' with the following statement:-

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by 47er. View it anyway?"

I have seen this statement pockmaking the forum pages for nearly a year but these two occurrences took my eye due to their proximity to my post. Assuming the second one was indeed a reply to my post I may be able to save you time in future. Did you think that I would not act upon the advice contained in the first line of my signature?

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Message to '47er'.

I noticed that my post last night was 'bookended' with the following statement:-

"This post is hidden because you have chosen to ignore posts by 47er. View it anyway?"

I have seen this statement pockmaking the forum pages for nearly a year but these two occurrences took my eye due to their proximity to my post. Assuming the second one was indeed a reply to my post I may be able to save you time in future. Did you think that I would not act upon the advice contained in the first line of my signature?

Dunno mate, never read it!

Message to '47er'.

I'm staggered that you are part of a committee - any committee - that claims to represent the interests of Rovers supporters.

Your opinions on the Raos (post-Pune) are up for debate but your attitude and disdain towards your fellow fans is quite astonishing considering.

I'm staggered that you are part of a committee - any committee - that claims to represent the interests of Rovers supporters.

Your opinions on the Raos (post-Pune) are up for debate but your attitude and disdain towards your fellow fans is quite astonishing considering.

Quite amusing really especially when his post ends "ANY ANSWERS WELCOME"!! :blink:

• Backroom
And yet you feel you can judge what he wrote? Read it properly and you'll probably agree with him. It's a different take on yhe 'fans to blame' argument.

Haven't judged his post at all pal, just stopped reading. Incidentally I went back and reread the post and no, turns out I don't agree much. But the Doc's response means I don't have to waste time spelling out why. :)

And this is why the fans are partially to blame for the situation. Want to talk about football, forget it. Want to have a reasoned debate about the club, forget it. Happy that we have won 3 and drawn 1 and are on something of a roll, forget it. Want to forget about the world and enjoy your football team, through good or bad, forget it cos according to some you are a traitor :wacko:

No much better to pretend that during the past 130 years the club listened extensively to the fans and cared passionately about what we all felt, never mind the crumbling terraces and @#/? poor facilities along with selling anyone that could be sold for 10 bob. Nope this is nostalgia, “Remembrance of things past is not necessarily the remembrance of things as they were.” *

You want to chant against the owners, fine do it but support the fecking team at the same time and don't look down on those who simply want to enjoy their recreational time or don't share your view that administration would be a good thing. Don't like the Raos, simple find the 45 million quid required to buy the club, must be easy as according to quite a few on here they are total morons and surely if morons can accumulate that kind of money it should be easy for some of the intellectuals on here...

* Proust

I think it was Gordon who said this whilst Kean was still in charge:

"Some people would still support the team, and attend games even if Venkys had raped and robbed there families"

:rock:

I am certainly going to let those curry eating fools exactly how I feel about what they have done whilst eating my homemade ham butties, pork pie and scratchings

If your intention is to insult their sensitivities by your choice of meat, then you are picking on the wrong one..........they are Hindu, and their "sacred" animal is cattle, so you need to change from pork to beef fillings on your sandwiches. ;)

You want to chant against the owners, fine do it but support the fecking team at the same time and don't look down on those who simply want to enjoy their recreational time or don't share your view that administration would be a good thing. Don't like the Raos, simple find the 45 million quid required to buy the club, must be easy as according to quite a few on here they are total morons and surely if morons can accumulate that kind of money it should be easy for some of the intellectuals on here...

Exactly we are screwed if we do and screwed if we don't. The club could have bumbled along nicely in the prem with any half decent owner if they had retained the previous board and managerial setup. The Venkys deserve to be met with a totally empty stadium as that would be a far far FAR better protest than turning up to scream obsenities in their direction. Unfortunately the local mentality of requiring full value for money will mean that there is a ready made excuse for attending.

For my part I was fairly certain that the new owners would screw the club up when they came and before I even clapped eyes on them. I couldn't stand the sight and sound of them and the bollockx they came out with, and all the damage they were so obviously doing to the club, I desperately wanted them out for the next eighteen months.

Now I'm not so sure. If we drive em away and they sell off everything that isn't nailed down, cut their losses and disappear over the horizon it could easily see the club implode financially and disappear up it's own areshole. Much as I hate it we need the buggers. In a nutshell we are damned if we do and damned if we don't. Unfortunately I feel that to lie quietly down and not make waves will simply delay the inevitable cos one day it will surely dawn on this lot that running a football club in this country is beyond them and they will cut the cord.

What happens next who knows? Overseas 'investors' ( :wstu: ) would surely view us as a bad investment. Miniscule crowds drawn from the confines of a tiny hinterland, in a town where a large part of the population does not view watching football as a decent pastime and the rest that do simply won't pay the going rate and are continually 'revolting' against any management / owners that happen to be put in charge.

Whatever the future holds in store for BRFC it aint rosy thats for sure. :(

Not based on half the mugs they interview outside Ewood.

Good point. :rolleyes: Although tbf I do suspect that the media interview loads but delight in giving the air time to the local numpties. Kinda suits the 'grim up nowf' agenda that they hold.

Of course, it will probably all go boobies up and we will inevitably be lambasted in the press thanks to some half wit's classic idea of letting a chicken onto the pitch. Poor Appleton, he's got no idea what he's just walked into.

I think that was a stroke of genius (the chicken and definitely not your post). That lot had relegated us by their own stupidity but the press and media were eating out of the Fat Controllers hand and poisoning the nation against the supporters. It has become an iconic image now that people around the country are rapidly coming to the conclusion that the Venky's are a poisonous species.

did the fans make the shambolic mistakes of appointing coco the clown and Henning Berg? did the fans make the decisions to get rid of JW, TF, MG and the football people running rovers?

You forgot SA.

Ok What happens next?

Who pays Jordan's wages this month?

Who pays the cleaners wages this month?

Will Brockhall be kept from the salivating clutches of developers for two months or three?

How long will it take until the likes of Bury are considered to be members of our peer group?

Any answers welcome.

Our rightful place you mean NEIL ;). Walkers.... Trust..... Venkymob.... You've heard the term 'rags to riches and back again in 3 generations' I take it?

Truth is no matter who pays the above they are nuts. Or as AMS put it a 'm/billionaire with a death wish'. Any business must be self supporting and self sustainable. Jack Walker made that point time and again. BRFC at this level cannot be. It's time we all took a reallity check.

I am certainly going to let those curry eating fools exactly how I feel about what they have done whilst eating my homemade ham butties, pork pie and scratchings

Kinell!

If as they say ignorance is bliss you must be the happiest person in the town.

If your intention is to insult their sensitivities by your choice of meat, then you are picking on the wrong one..........they are Hindu, and their "sacred" animal is cattle, so you need to change from pork to beef fillings on your sandwiches. ;)

beef butts it is then!!!!

I don't know where this poisonous hate filled atmosphere is going to come from seeing as there is likely to be no more than the usual 12k scattered around the stadium. There may be a few muted chants from the Darwen End & BBE but that'll be it i would think, unless we get pasted then it might kick off.

A reality check is fine BUT we need to understand that the Venkys actually get round eventually to doing the very things they never anticipated they would do. So they planned to develop BRFC but now they will be forced to asset strip. They did not plan to get relegated but could not arrest a decline they started by not understanding the 'survival model' for smaller teams in the Premier league. They appointed Henning Berg because they saw his achievements and not his record as a manager.They appointed Shebby as a believable Intermediary and overlooked his lack of experience in the shark infested pool of the Football Media.

Our biggest concern should be that they do not do 'strategic withdrawals' cos that is 'loss of face'

I believe Paul that they are not really funding the Rovers, and when they reach the end of the next FY we will see the steam rise in Puna.

There will be a credible alternative to the Raos when it is needed(plus the Trust)....the really big issue is when the Season Ticket sales do not reach 5,000 next August.We will have lost our critical mass of fans. Appleton is irrelevant at the moment cos there are 8 better teams than us in the Chumpionship. What is important is the steam rising in Puna soon. The conversation between Mrs Rao and Karen Silk is the key one this week. And when she tells her the robust truth Mrs Rao will probably 'relieve her of her duties'.

So do not criticise fans who show their frustration on Saturday.

If you're going to go down, do down fighting.

I think Paul's totally correct, whether the fans acquiesce and merely support the team or whether they give the Wanky's both barrels, it doesn't matter. The club's sat on a financial time bomb, so crowd reaction is neither here nor there when set against the context of the P&L and BS.

But then, how many fans will be there on Saturday anyway? Perhaps not enough to make the feelings of the whole town plain.

It's tragic, I have no idea where or when this will end, but it's going to be messy. I think believing that we have to be nicey-nice to Uncle Venky because without him things would be worse is a truly Uncle Tom attitude ... we would surely be better off being run as a sustainably-managed organisation lower down the league, gradually building things up and who knows maybe attracting inward investment as we go, rather than slowly spiral to self-destruction under the mismanagement of numb-skulled ignorant arrogant meddling retards.

Guest Norbert

If they can be seen, how about a few minutes of silence staring at them? It'll be a bit like The Birds and that would be a bit creepy. Then cheer the team, shout Venky's Out or whatever.

A reality check is fine BUT we need to understand that the Venkys actually get round eventually to doing the very things they never anticipated they would do. So they planned to develop BRFC but now they will be forced to asset strip. They did not plan to get relegated but could not arrest a decline they started by not understanding the 'survival model' for smaller teams in the Premier league. They appointed Henning Berg because they saw his achievements and not his record as a manager.They appointed Shebby as a believable Intermediary and overlooked his lack of experience in the shark infested pool of the Football Media.

Our biggest concern should be that they do not do 'strategic withdrawals' cos that is 'loss of face'

I believe Paul that they are not really funding the Rovers, and when they reach the end of the next FY we will see the steam rise in Puna.

There will be a credible alternative to the Raos when it is needed(plus the Trust)....the really big issue is when the Season Ticket sales do not reach 5,000 next August.We will have lost our critical mass of fans. Appleton is irrelevant at the moment cos there are 8 better teams than us in the Chumpionship. What is important is the steam rising in Puna soon. The conversation between Mrs Rao and Karen Silk is the key one this week. And when she tells her the robust truth Mrs Rao will probably 'relieve her of her duties'.

So do not criticise fans who show their frustration on Saturday.

Good post.

brilliant I almost fell out of my chair with side splitting laughter at this statement my question to you klc is this did the fans make the shambolic mistakes of appointing coco the clown and Henning Berg? did the fans make the decisions to get rid of JW, TF, MG and the football people running rovers? did the fans make the wrong decisions over and over again without learning from their mistakes? the answer to these is no so how you can say the fans are partially to blame for this mess is uncomprehensiblebecause of THEIR decisions this club is in this mess no-one else's fault theirs.

+1. The Rao family and Venkys have made so many repeated errors, it is hard to imagine them ever being able to right the ship.

Whatever the future holds in store for BRFC it aint rosy thats for sure. :(

Unfortunately, I think you're correct. Mid to long term we are wrecked with Venkys in charge.

But that doesn't mean we shouldn't cheer the squad on. In my opinion, in current circumstances, we need to focus on giving the team a boost, not tearing down Mrs. D., no matter how much she may deserve it.

We're rid of Kean. They appear to want to find a decent manager, though to date their choices are astonishingly inept. But the fact remains they might get lucky and we need to give Appleton every chance and not cut his legs out from under him even before the ball is kicked off.

That said, Mrs. D would improve the club tremendously if she sacked all of Agnew, Shaw and Shebby, and replaced them with the likes of Tom Finn.

I'm giving Ewood a wide berth on Saturday, nothing to do with MA's appointment but I don't want to sit

Within 10 miles of the people who have dismantled Blackburn Rovers, and had a negative impact on the club, fans, and the town's businesses and finances.

I've only missed a handful of games home and away this season so it hurts, but needs must.

Someone posted this link

http://www.livemint.com/Companies/NJMhvQZvGuHo6IO8l7Ms1O/Venkys-to-use-Rovers-to-push-poultry-products-in-England.html?ref=related

I just clicked on it there and found this gem of a quote from Venkatesh Rao

"Yes, we are upset to be out of the league but one of two things happen in a match: win or lose"

We are doomed

hahaha I just spat out my brew when reading the 2 outcomes!!!! Oh my

brilliant I almost fell out of my chair with side splitting laughter at this statement my question to you klc is this did the fans make the shambolic mistakes of appointing coco the clown and Henning Berg? did the fans make the decisions to get rid of JW, TF, MG and the football people running rovers? did the fans make the wrong decisions over and over again without learning from their mistakes? the answer to these is no so how you can say the fans are partially to blame for this mess is uncomprehensiblebecause of THEIR decisions this club is in this mess no-one else's fault theirs.

Do the fans own the club or have the resources to pick up the pieces should the Venkys magically disappear or sell up? We couldn't even cover Robinson's wage for a year and even the imaginary money raised wouldn't be enough for the bricks and mortar. Some 'supporters' are championing administration, craving low crowds, begging for managers to fail before they have started, created conspiracy theories and general bullshite which is all counter-productive and generally speeds up the process of sending Rovers towards ruin...all in the name of getting Venkys out of the club...and you think we are blameless? Can you not see the connection between fans unrest and a poor atmosphere/working environment? Or, less income = less chance of buying players or employing a better manager? Better owners will help to sort some of the issues but unfortunately, we are BRFC and there isn't a long line of people with the funds required to buy the club (which is incidentally not for sale).

I know people will lay the blame at the feet of the Venkys and respond that none of this would have happened if they didn't buy the club and tear out it's infrastructure - but unfortunately they layed the money down and the trust snatched their hands off (they too have a hell of a lot to answer for) and have paid for the right to make every decision they have made.

I'm going to stick to my guns and say that the owners haven't intentionally got us to this point like some fans like to advertise. I do think they are way out of their depth and have been taken for a ride by many people but I also don't think that administration is ever a good thing and am not going to do anything to bring it on the club. I will continue to support the team through thick and thin and will only ever chant the name of one owner of the club, Jack Walker. I can live with past mistakes to the point that if we do somehow stabalise, the Venkys will just become invisible to me.

Archived