BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm staggered that you are part of a committee - any committee - that claims to represent the interests of Rovers supporters.

Your opinions on the Raos (post-Pune) are up for debate but your attitude and disdain towards your fellow fans is quite astonishing considering.

This of course refers to Ewood Spark. This is what happens when an unelected group set themselves up as representatives. Don't get me wrong, I know quite a few of the FF and they are fine people whom I have no problem being represented by. Ewood Spark is an exception and he certainly does not represent me or a lot of other supporters.

In view of his attitude to other supporters he should do the proper thing and resign from that forum.

This of course refers to Ewood Spark. This is what happens when an unelected group set themselves up as representatives. Don't get me wrong, I know quite a few of the FF and they are fine people whom I have no problem being represented by. Ewood Spark is an exception and he certainly does not represent me or a lot of other supporters.

In view of his attitude to other supporters he should do the proper thing and resign from that forum.

A Glen-style resignation or a real one?

Some 'supporters' are championing administration, craving low crowds, begging for managers to fail before they have started, created conspiracy theories and general bullshite which is all counter-productive and generally speeds up the process of sending Rovers towards ruin...all in the name of getting Venkys out of the club

This is happening an awful lot on this forum. I don't get the opportunity to travel to matches so I don't know if the feeling in Ewood is the same but it is a worrying attitude. Either people don't realise how administration would destroy this club or they are being deliberately ignorant. I think this masochistic longing is out of some sort of misplaced desire to see it back in the hands of an "Uncle Jack" type figure. Also, people have gotten used to complaining about the team and seemingly some don't want to stop, regardless of what happens.

I can live with past mistakes to the point that if we do somehow stabalise, the Venkys will just become invisible to me.

Me too, and I think (hope?) most other supporters. At some point you have to forget what has happened in the past to ensure that there is a future.

At some point you have to forget what has happened in the past to ensure that there is a future.

Problem with that statement, is that it's still happening now and will no doubt continue. Unless you've seen something/anything to suggest differently.

Does anyone have a breakdown of how much Venky's mistakes have cost in pay-offs to departed staff and managers etc.

Be interesting to know that figure

You will struggle to get that !!!

However, I have heard a 'ball park' figure of £7 to 8 million mentioned.

Might not be too far away if you think just who has gone including 3 managers !!!

You will struggle to get that !!!

However, I have heard a 'ball park' figure of £7 to 8 million mentioned.

Might not be too far away if you think just who has gone including 3 managers !!!

That's some figure not like laying off a few chicken pluckers n that .

If more go too that's like a whole transfer budget

That's some figure not like laying off a few chicken pluckers n that .

If more go too that's like a whole transfer budget

Just look at the list:

• Managers: Sam, Kean, Berg
  • Assistant Managers: Mcdonald, Jensen, Black
  • Coaches: Brunskill, Mimms
  • Directors: JW, TF, MG, Paul Hunt, Vinny, Simon Hunt
  • Other 'senior' employees: Pincher, Simon Williams, Bloch
  • Other: Beamish, Newsham plus, I understand, a number of other less well known figures

Frightening.

We have another rookie manager in charge and if we don't get promoted we could likely go into ADMINISTRATION - if I was anywhere near the Rao family, I would give the ******** hell - can't believe they have the cheek to even step foot in the UK again.

We have another rookie manager in charge and if we don't get promoted we could likely go into ADMINISTRATION - if I was anywhere near the Rao family, I would give the ******** hell - can't believe they have the cheek to even step foot in the UK again.

Jesus bloody Jones, another day same boring administration crap, will you all please change the record, the Rao;s own Blackburn Rovers full stop, until they decide otherwise, so either SUPPORT the team/Players/Manager whoever they may be or just stop right now, dont go, it's you prerogative, but if you don't go and SUPPORT the Team/Players/Manager whoever it may be will you please stop being keyboard warriors and stop repeating the same Crap day after day after day, it is really tedious for the sanity of fans who do support the Team/Players/Manager who actually do go to the matches.

There's no correlation between protests and results. As stated numerous times already, it didn't stop us from beating Arsenal, Swansea & Norwich. So what exactly is the problem? Fans have been wanting to vent their spleen (and any other available organ) at Venky's for destroying this club for the last year or more (can't honestly remember the last time they were here). They have every right to do that, just as you have every right not to.

Also, why are abusing Venky's & supporting the team mutually exclusive options?

Jesus bloody Jones, another day same boring administration crap, will you all please change the record, the Rao;s own Blackburn Rovers full stop, until they decide otherwise, so either SUPPORT the team/Players/Manager whoever they may be or just stop right now, dont go, it's you prerogative, but if you don't go and SUPPORT the Team/Players/Manager whoever it may be will you please stop being keyboard warriors and stop repeating the same Crap day after day after day, it is really tedious for the sanity of fans who do support the Team/Players/Manager who actually do go to the matches.

Have you checked eBay? They may sell feathered fiddles . You fiddle whilst rovers burn.

Have you checked eBay? They may sell feathered fiddles . You fiddle whilst rovers burn.

Nah i don't fiddle that would be rude !!! I do however support t'rovers whoever owns us, and yes rovers may burn but at least i can say i still did my bit to support the team, at least me and my son had the pleasure of the wembley playoffs and the following successes, once Jack sadly passed away i think we all knew it was only a matter of time before we ended back where we started, but try to look on the bright side we may be lucky and do it again through the playoffs, stranger things have happened.

Regarding this "boring administration crap", so which way do you think it's going to go Pete ? Have I to presume that you think Venky's have a bottomless pit of money that they are willing to throw at Rovers. "It's only an estimated 2 million a month we're losing. That's nothing to them." Is that the assumption ?

I happen to thnk that the club is being driven into the ground by the clowns who own us. They care that much about "their baby" and "investment" the head of the family has been to Blackburn once (I very much doubt she'll be here for Charlton either), allowed Kean to keep his job so he could relegate us, employed clowns to run the club in the UK, I could go on and on and on and on. Now if that's "boring" then I'm sorry. But the reality is that they have shown themselves to be negligent time and time again. They are nothing more than incompetent "confused" fools; how anyone can have confidence that they will keep us from going into Administration is beyond me. On what basis ?

However to clarify, just because I despise the owners it doesn't necessarily mean that I can't support the Players / Manager / Team does it ? I mean should we sing something along the lines of "We want Venky's out, we want Venky's out" occasionally on Saturday I hardly think that Appleton will be sat there thinking - "God they hate me", or Morton will be too scared to kick a ball. You see the clues are in the lyrics - and they aren't even that complicated.

Nah i don't fiddle that would be rude !!! I do however support t'rovers whoever owns us, and yes rovers may burn but at least i can say i still did my bit to support the team, at least me and my son had the pleasure of the wembley playoffs and the following successes, once Jack sadly passed away i think we all knew it was only a matter of time before we ended back where we started, but try to look on the bright side we may be lucky and do it again through the playoffs, stranger things have happened.

You seem utterly oblivious to everything the Venky's have done over the last few years.

"Everyone knew", what are you on about?! NO ONE could have guessed our club could be run in anything like the way the Raos have done. We were a top 10 club in four of the previous five seasons before these idiots arrived and ruined things completely. Look at the likes of Stoke and Swansea, if things are run well it's more than possible to prosper in the top division and when the Venky's took over they had one of the best administrators in English football who they got rid of.

The way our club has been run has made us the laughing stock of English football. If you don't think that's something worth protesting about, more fool you.

You seem utterly oblivious to everything the Venky's have done over the last few years.

"Everyone knew", what are you on about?! NO ONE could have guessed our club could be run in anything like the way the Raos have done. We were a top 10 club in four of the previous five seasons before these idiots arrived and ruined things completely.

The way our club has been run has made us the laughing stock of English football. If you don't think that's something worth protesting about, more fool you.

Indeed. The Trust did an excellent job yet still it attracts criticism from a support base that individually is only willing to pay half the going rate to watch this level of football. Egyptian Pete although coming from an obtuse angle is right in that most knowledgeable observers must have known that were always going to end up back where we started from eventually. Jack Walker lit a bonfire that consumed everything that was thrown at it, we all surely knew that it had to come to an end. We were more dependant on the Premier league kitty than just about every other club in that Div. Like making love to ones wife..... one slip and we were in the sh1t. The trust were wise to off load before their wealth was frittered away but unfortunately under the Venkymob that slip is now a reallity.

"Everyone knew", what are you on about?! NO ONE could have guessed our club could be run in anything like the way the Raos have done. We were a top 10 club in four of the previous five seasons before these idiots arrived and ruined things completely. Look at the likes of Stoke and Swansea, if things are run well it's more than possible to prosper in the top division and when the Venky's took over they had one of the best administrators in English football who they got rid of.

Hardly SR. Stokes owner self made man Peter Coates has mimicked Jack walkers involvement but 15 years later. In a few years time they might easiliy find themselves in the same predicament as us. Their realtive success has been built on what is tantamopunt to false income. Chelsea notably and Man City and a number of others to greater or lesser degrees are modern clubs built on feet of clay. There WILL be a day of reckoning for all. To believe anything else is to live in a fools paradise.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/may/13/peter-coates-stoke-city-cup-final

"Pulis's rebuilding, and relentless attention to detail, have been supported with investment from Coates and his family, who own the club via bet365. They have paid £43m into Stoke since 2006; £7m built a new training ground, much of the rest boosted Pulis's player budget. Last year the family converted £24m from loans to permanent investment in shares. Coates is prepared to invest more, while intending to make the club self-financing now it is establishing itself in the Premier League.

The discussion about his family's multimillion-pound restoration of Stoke City illustrates how far Coates has travelled from the poverty of his childhood in Stoke's Goldenhill neighbourhood. He was the youngest of 14 children; his father was a miner and his mother died when Peter was only two. Yet he remembers those beginnings surprisingly fondly."

Archived