BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's, including Mrs D., in town this week ?

Mercer

Sorry but I just don't think that's true. It's such a fine balance and when one slips it means we're in grave danger of relegation.

We were lucky that Hughes was able to make up for a dry period in the academy by signing the likes of Nelsen, Samba, Warnock, Bentley etc for next to nothing. Without him we probably would have been relegated in that period without investment.

Even under the Trust and John Williams, the Paul Ince saga showed us we were one bad appointment away from screwing it all up. No matter how strong the club appeared to be we were only a bad decision or two away from being relegation candidates.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's such a tightrope act and the division is so competitive that we would have eventually slipped out of the division without investment.

I agree, we were selling top talent year after year to pay the bloated wage bill of players who no-one wanted to buy at the money they were on. No club can guarantee a never-ending production line of Phil Jones's or signings like Bentley and Samba. Burnley did it for longer than most in the top flight and they ended up one game away from going out of the league.

• Replies 641
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you have a problem with the none-representation of idiots on committees perhaps YOU should put yourself forward to represent them.
Idiots, eh? Thanks for proving my point explicitly.

No, my problem is with YOUR attitude, given your privileged position.

I have enough things on the go at the moment to be on another committee but I'd like to think I'd be more diplomatic than you if I was in that position.

Perhaps that makes me an idiot too?

And you've had two days to come up with that as a defence. Poor.

Venkatesh pretty much saying the same old keans again about how they want the fans to be happy and that the will back the manager. They will do "whatever it takes" to get us up.

He didn't say whether the destination "up" was kean creek or what.

It's like they think they are telling us for the first time.

More to come apparently.

Yay.

They probably got wind that another English football team had embarrassed themselves today and felt left out

:lol:

They will do 'whatever it takes' to get us up, eh?

Unfortunately, they don't know what it 'takes'. Probably why they say that they will do 'whatever it takes' is because they can't specifically say what they are going to do, because they don't know what to do. That, and the fact that such a statement is so vague they don't actually have to do anything, or they can claim that anything they actually do is part of some grand master plan.

Also 'whatever it takes' makes it sound like they will do anything to get us up. Presumably they did 'whatever it takes' to keep us up last season and that failed, therefore their best efforts are clearly not good enough.

He discovered Alan Ball you know.

"Tower? What tower? I didnae see a tower....

...Oh that Tower, oh aye my Grandad built that. It was my idea of course, although I hadnae been born, but he could see what I was trying to......" Etc

Archived