BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

To be fair to Kane, once Vukcevic went off (again for no reason) he was playing right back with absolutely nothing in front of him. On a couple of occasions he had the ball and was looking to pass, but there was just noone at all to give it to. No movement up front, no outlets, nothing.

Rubbish.

That was the roving Rochina, doing everything but the job he'd been asked to do. He was subbed not long after.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very very poor showing from players and new manager ... Too negative and the way he stood as folded was pathetic . If your gonna go in the managers area rant at them or encourage them don't just stand there like a knob. And as for bling celebrating the goal made me feel sick .

To be fair to Kane, once Vukcevic went off (again for no reason) he was playing right back with absolutely nothing in front of him. On a couple of occasions he had the ball and was looking to pass, but there was just noone at all to give it to. No movement up front, no outlets, nothing.

Rubbish.

I think people have a blind spot when it comes to Simon, I thought he was pretty ineffective and was one of many who could/should have been subbed off.

For me, we're crying out for a right sided midfielder, and I presume King will slot back into this role when he's back from injury.

He was screaming out for options when ruben moved over to the right, which just didn't work at all. Rochina was guilty of drifting, and had a shocker as well, probably his worst game in a Rovers shirt.

Really awful performance, no positives to take whatsoever. When I saw the players stagger onto the pitch at the beginning of the game I thought this is going to be a long afternoon and by Christ I wasn't wrong! From very early on Colin "can't be arsed" Richards showed being at Ewood today was a major inconvenience for him he sulked, shrugged and literally didn't once challenge for a ball that didn't fall at his feet/chest. Ruben Rochina was cringeworthly off form, everything he tried didn't work and if he was still out there now he would be still stumbling around losing the ball.

We are just so easy to beat, if you work hard and remain disciplined we will give you the ball when ever you want it. Charlton weren't particularly good today they were just organised. Screamer of a goal for them but what the hell Olsson was thinking when he hit the ball there, anywhere but there!!

The second goal has happened around 15 times this season, if you haven't seen it yet just think of all the times we have allowed an unopposed cross into the box played between our two centre halves and the opponent just nods it in the bottom corner then you have already just about seen it.

Appleton has his work cut out and I think he was stood back quietly assessing what character of "men" he has in his ranks today, I think he will need a stiff drink tonight ....

On a brighter note I witnessed one of the Venky mob get smashed in the mush with a snow ball, just wish it was bigger and launched by Freddie Flintoff!!

It was the sight of Murphy WALKING forward that summed up the awfulness of the whole afternoon for me.CKR was generally awful and since those 2 are our more experienced players is it any wonder the rest can't be bothered. At least Rochina had the good grace to apologise. It would be good if he puts it right on Tues but it doesn't hurt that he's said sorry too.

It was the sight of Murphy WALKING forward that summed up the awfulness of the whole afternoon for me.CKR was generally awful and since those 2 are our more experienced players is it any wonder the rest can't be bothered. At least Rochina had the good grace to apologise. It would be good if he puts it right on Tues but it doesn't hurt that he's said sorry too.

The longer it goes on the more i think Murphy is a big part of the problem. I know we're a shambles and he's been involved in far more professional outfits in his career. But i just see him as a sulker and as a captain (assuming he still is under Appleton) we need him to rally the troops. I get the feeling he does the complete opposite.

Why is it that professional football people who are payed tens of thousands a week, the players as well as the managers we have had in the recent past, cannot see the plain fact that punting long high balls down the middle of the park to Jordan Rhodes does not work?

We put one ball with pace from a wide position and guess what? Jordan scores a good goal.

Great I think. Lets have more of the same.

What a stupid thought on my part. Obviously that type of play is a no no. Back to long balls up the middle.. That thinking must be because non of our players can pass a ball to a man in blue and white, even over ten yards.

Absolute pathetic performance by the lot of 'em.

The longer it goes on the more i think Murphy is a big part of the problem.

When bought I thought Murphy would shine in this league - but I was totally wrong. Part of it is down to our lack of movement off the ball - but his lack of pace means he can't keep up with play either defending or attacking - and one thing you can say about most Championship midfield - they are fit. Biggest problem Appleton has got - while Dunn is injured - who else does he play ? Personally would be tempted to play MGP alongside Lowe - at least he is mobile, and after today his passing can't be any worse.

• Backroom

The straw I will clutch is that they've finally been doing fitness work and they're a bit knackered by its initial impact on the body. Other than that, not good enough. Expected a draw.

Nice to see rochina apologise. Better than dann squaring up to the fans at Bolton last year haha.

Sooner we get someone supporting Rhodes properly, and a decent cm, we'll look like a team. On that show we'll be looking over our shoulder rather than ahead.

One game out of 4 home games lost. I wanted at least 7pts from these 4 home games. No pressure Appy, but do it.

So the gate was given as 13,647.

My estimate: Darwen End including Charlton 1,400, Riverside 2,000, Blackburn End 4,300 leaving 5,900 in the JW.

Difficult to gauge when you are sat in the JW but certainly didn't seem two thirds full !!!

IMO, attendance overstated by between 2 to 3 thousand.

My estimate: Darwen End including Charlton 1,400, Riverside 2,000, Blackburn End 4,300 leaving 5,900 in the JW.

Difficult to gauge when you are sat in the JW but certainly didn't seem two thirds full !!!

As per usual, what do you expect from the loons who run our Club!

Charlton must have brought 120

Absolutely no chance Mercer.

By your measures, if there were only 2000 in the Riverside then there were less than 1000 in the JW. So you are probably wrong and right.

seeing both of their goals on sky several things come to mind for the 1st goal what the f*** is Olsson doing just punt it into row z not there granted their 1st goal was a good goal in the top corner but easily avoidable either punt it into row z on down pitch & when it happens either Dann or Hanley should really be closing him down just not good enough you wouldn't see this goal conceded in an under 8's game also the 2nd goal where the f*** was dann totally useless centre half and needs to be cut adrift he is useless in the air positionally suspect unaware of players running in behind him the sooner we can bring in Dawson from WBA and ship this useless oaf out the better for someone who is 6'2" is terrible in the air.

Archived