BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes and no. Yesterday proved to me they couldn't care less about the club but to be honest I don't blame them because of the continuing farce in the boardroom and the dug-out. Players need managing and this lot have never been properly managed, something I remember from my own playing days when we always played better for a manager we respected. It was noticeable there was definitely a better attitude among the players during Bowyer's short time in charge.

In short, I think the players have lost all respect for the club. Having five managers in one season is ridiculous. It's no wonder they are just going through the motions.

Jim , Have the players no pride or self respect ? When I crossed that white line I was a different person. Winning was all that mattered and if I had to run my @#/? off to do it, that's what I did. I couldn't just go through the motions even if I wanted to. No matter how unorganised or disjointed the management is you personally as a player can still have an effect.

Jim , Have the players no pride or self respect ? When I crossed that white line I was a different person. Winning was all that mattered and if I had to run my @#/? off to do it, that's what I did. I couldn't just go through the motions even if I wanted to. No matter how unorganised or disjointed the management is you personally as a player can still have an effect.

Agree with Jim's point that the players haven't been managed properly and that's where most of the problems stem from.

But, I have to agree with Tyrone in that it's up to the players to rise above that and have a bit of pride about how they conduct themselves. It's too easy to take the foot of the gas and say I don't care. After all, there are no consequences.

Yeah that's a great idea, let's drop Murphy who's clearly our only midfielder who's actually capable of passing forward all because he showed a bit of support to Kean a while back.

Have you actually watched Murphy this season? He is pathetic.

Yeah that's a great idea, let's drop Murphy who's clearly our only midfielder who's actually capable of passing forward all because he showed a bit of support to Kean a while back.

I doubt there's much of a transfer budget in any case.

Think Appleton will have to coax some performances out of a demoralised, disenchanted, apathetic squad. he's got a job on for sure.

Yes and no. Yesterday proved to me they couldn't care less about the club but to be honest I don't blame them because of the continuing farce in the boardroom and the dug-out. Players need managing and this lot have never been properly managed, something I remember from my own playing days when we always played better for a manager we respected. It was noticeable there was definitely a better attitude among the players during Bowyer's short time in charge.

In short, I think the players have lost all respect for the club. Having five managers in one season is ridiculous. It's no wonder they are just going through the motions.

But whose fault is all that?

Whose fault is it that the boardroom and dug-out is a farce?

Whose fault is it that the players have never been properly managed? Whose fault is it that the last 'proper' manager we had was sacked?

Whose fault is it that the players have lost respect for the club? Who caused the series of events that got us here?

...and you don't blame them? :wacko:

Have you actually watched Murphy this season? He is pathetic.

And Lowe and Etuhu are better? Tell me, who should we play instead? The only who person capable of passing forwards other than Murphy is Dunn and god knows where he is.

For me the players and the manager both take the blame, but whoever is in charge of transfers should also take the blame. An unbalanced squad has been put together and it's showing.

As a player I always put the effort in because I loved playing the game and I always tried to do my best. However as a team we always got better results playing for a manager we respected (and feared). For the pros it's a job of work and most of the time they play within themselves.- many are just content to play in the reserves and pick up the wages as is evident at alot of Premier League clubs. Professionalism is a state of mind and I think alot of amateur players have a more professional attitude than pro players. As far as Rovers players are concerned I think many of our lot see the way our club is run as joke and are just biding their time before they leave.

Signing Murphy on the wages he is reputedly on (minus the %age skimmed of for dastardly and Muttley of course) was the worst bit of business done in the entire Championship this season.

Given a ticket yesterday so I went... didn't get on till 3.30 mind. But talk about new manager bounce, I'v e seen more bounce in a dead cat!!! '

• Backroom

When some of the minor injuries go I'd like to see us try Rhodes and CKR up top with King and Nunes on the wings and Lowe and Simon in the middle

It can't be any less effective anyway

Wouldn't it be better to have Richards on the wing and Best up front with Rhodes?

Not that I think it matters much anyway.

Richards is NOT a winger. He's a number 10.

This is one of our problems with the lack of balance in the squad. No midfielders worthy of the name.

Best and CKR will need to be to competing to play alongside Rhodes. But that requires a solid midfield behind them.

• Backroom
Wouldn't it be better to have Richards on the wing and Best up front with Rhodes?

Not that I think it matters much anyway.

I'm not counting Best as I was just thinking the players that may be back in the next game or two

• Backroom

I'd rather have 2 passengers in midfield w/ 2 up front than 3 passengers in midfield for the sake of bodies. Take advantage of our best players:

Kean

Henley(Kane), dann, hanley, olsson

Lowe

King, Rochina, Nunes

Best(CKR), Rhodes

Ofc Lowe ain't great but we don't have anyone else who can put a tackle in. Brackets indicate ppl to play there now.

Archived