BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

Signing Murphy on the wages he is reputedly on (minus the %age skimmed of for dastardly and Muttley of course) was the worst bit of business done in the entire Championship this season.

Given a ticket yesterday so I went... didn't get on till 3.30 mind. But talk about new manager bounce, I'v e seen more bounce in a dead cat!!! '

I'm not disputing that it's bad business. But to be honest even in his uninterested state he's still a better midfielder than anyone else we have through the center. Etuhu is rubbish, Lowe wets himself at the idea of passing forward and Dunn is injured.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless we get a midfielder who can put in a tackle and chase people we will finish in the bottom half. We will not get promoted this season, the best we can hope for is a top half finish.

We are crying out for Jermaine Jones.

I am convinced that if we got someone similar, many of ours on field problems will be solved.

Unless we get a midfielder who can put in a tackle and chase people we will finish in the bottom half. We will not get promoted this season, the best we can hope for is a top half finish. We are crying out for Jermaine Jones. I am convinced that if we got someone similar, many of ours on field problems will be solved.

After yesterday one big problem seems to be the new manager callum.

I'd rather have 2 passengers in midfield w/ 2 up front than 3 passengers in midfield for the sake of bodies. Take advantage of our best players:

Kean

Henley(Kane), dann, hanley, olsson

Lowe

King, Rochina, Nunes

Best(CKR), Rhodes

Ofc Lowe ain't great but we don't have anyone else who can put a tackle in. Brackets indicate ppl to play there now.

Surely there must be some decent ball winning midfielders that can put a tackle in from the championship that we can acquire for a small fee? Or loan a fringe player from the PL.

Rochina playing awful yesterday might be down to the tactics by Charlton. It seemed that they did identify him as a threat and that they had two players closing him down at all times. On the other hand Rochina did dribble himself into trouble where he should have passed the ball to other players immediately.

I think his main problem is that he thinks he is as good as Santi Cazorla or Juan Mata. He has his flashes of brilliance, which shows that he has lots of potential, but truth is he is far from the end product.

I miss David Dunn. He played great before he got himself injured(?).

Before the game, I thought we would not get the "new manager" effect this time due to the many changes of manager this season. I think we only had it when Gary Bowyer took charge.

Yeah that's a great idea, let's drop Murphy who's clearly our only midfielder who's actually capable of passing forward all because he showed a bit of support to Kean a while back.

hows about dropping him because he is pants? Yesterday he was woeful ,we counted at least 15 passes to red shirts.

How so?

Why ? because there was a collective attitude to just going through the motions from all of the players not just one or two.

Why play Vukcevic wide right side and CKR out wide left ... come on hes taking the pish by playing guys out of position, plus his subs didn't work either.

This club was never ready for another period for experimentation, though unfortunately it is now a total write off.

Those players did not play for the manager yesterday .

It was flat from 1st to the last minute , substitutions were suspect and a Charlton team who were 2 divisions below us last season out battled us and outplayed us .

Heard many calls for people to get behind the team before hand , but Ewood was like a morgue. At times you could hear a pin drop , even when people rounded on Venky's it was only a small section of the attendance .

Players get inspiration from the manager as they had under bowyer , it's ok saying get rid if the players but at times yesterday it was school boy stuff.

In the first half we had a number of free kicks in dangerous areas . Any one growing up playing football are told to pull the fullbacks out and make the spaces for teammates to run into . What did rovers do ? They all tucked in , pulled the fullbacks in a formed a wall of red.

We had no width , no game plan and did not test the Charlton keeper .

We can spice this up and blame anyone , but the buck stops with the manager re performance .

Whilst the events leading to yesterday's performance falls at Venky's door . This club will not move forward whilst they own us

hows about dropping him because he is pants? Yesterday he was woeful ,we counted at least 15 passes to red shirts.

Yet again, who out of our central midfielders aren't pants? The fact of the matter is we need to buy people if we're to fix our midfield because none of them are up for it and out of all of them even a pants Murphy is best.

Those players did not play for the manager yesterday .

It was flat from 1st to the last minute , substitutions were suspect and a Charlton team who were 2 divisions below us last season out battled us and outplayed us .

Heard many calls for people to get behind the team before hand , but Ewood was like a morgue. At times you could hear a pin drop , even when people rounded on Venky's it was only a small section of the attendance .

Players get inspiration from the manager as they had under bowyer , it's ok saying get rid if the players but at times yesterday it was school boy stuff.

In the first half we had a number of free kicks in dangerous areas . Any one growing up playing football are told to pull the fullbacks out and make the spaces for teammates to run into . What did rovers do ? They all tucked in , pulled the fullbacks in a formed a wall of red.

We had no width , no game plan and did not test the Charlton keeper .

We can spice this up and blame anyone , but the buck stops with the manager re performance .

Whilst the events leading to yesterday's performance falls at Venky's door . This club will not move forward whilst they own us

Glen,you almost sound like you want Appleton to fail.

you say the buck stops woth the manager, so you are saying it is acceptable for the players to play for who they want too, and only put effort in when they want too? Give over.

Glen,you almost sound like you want Appleton to fail. you say the buck stops woth the manager, so you are saying it is acceptable for the players to play for who they want too, and only put effort in when they want too? Give over.

A lot of it is is down to the management and the chaos behind the scenes - when is the last time we had a good manager?

Lot of the players, like many fans, probably have never heard of Appleton or his assistant.

• Backroom

Can't agree with your post glen in fact the first half was nearly exactly the same as the forest game the only difference being a world class strike, a stroke of luck changed the game against forest and yesterday we didn't get that. The performance under Bowyer against Wolves was also abysmal.

If the players can't play for the manager they also aren't playing for the team or the fans, we've had a couple of false dawns this season but for the vast majority of it these players have been a disgrace.

People pick and chose who to blame maybe inadvertently due to their views on the manager.

Berg was quite popular so the players take the blame. People didn't want Appleton so he will be the target I think especially by those who have set their stall out early

Either way yesterday wasn't good enough as with most of the season, things need to change

If they weren't playing for Appleton, they have no one else to blame but themselves. Ego and attitude problems.

Do you not find it troubling that a new man comes in, the players don't respond, so everyone is sold out. A new batch of players come costing lots of dosh similar results occur so another guy comes he cant do anything with the players hes inherited so another lot come in.

Who made the most money out of this ?

I too have a problem with that. I can understand why you might not want to try as hard for certain people but what is the point of not trying for Appleton. He's not getting sacked whether they like it or not and they should be professional enough to recognise that and do their jobs. Not about earning their cash or playing for the fans though it would be nice to think they wanted to do that but just a case of not being less than you can be.

• Backroom

The rot began when kean became their best mate. The players should play for the manager or at least put the effort in for the fans or for themselves.

Appleton has done nothing wrong yet and I agreed with his subs and tactical changes. The players cba and that ain't his fault. But it's up to him nonetheless to try and bang their heads together and sort it out.

It's feckin simple.

Players are employed by the club and paid ludicrous wages.

Even if Mickey Mouse was manager they should run their b o l l o c k s off - nothing less than 100% is acceptable.

Appleton needs to kick ass big time and sort these, IMO, feckin useless big time Charlies out - and I think he will.

Can't agree with your post glen in fact the first half was nearly exactly the same as the forest game the only difference being a world class strike, a stroke of luck changed the game against forest and yesterday we didn't get that. The performance under Bowyer against Wolves was also abysmal.

If the players can't play for the manager they also aren't playing for the team or the fans, we've had a couple of false dawns this season but for the vast majority of it these players have been a disgrace.

People pick and chose who to blame maybe inadvertently due to their views on the manager.

Berg was quite popular so the players take the blame. People didn't want Appleton so he will be the target I think especially by those who have set their stall out early

Either way yesterday wasn't good enough as with most of the season, things need to change

+100

Every match this season - irrespective of the manager - we have been out fought. This could be a throw back to poor fitness training pre-season - but personally I think there are too many players who think they are better than they are. Somebody needs to sit them in front of a Barcelona DVD - the best collection of players on the planet - with possibly the best work ethic. We have more ability than most teams in this league - but if we don't match other teams effort we won't get anywhere - Souness recognised this when he was in charge - hopefully Appleton will as well.

"they're not fit" has been the criticism by fans of just about every poor squad we've had. But when you're not good enough and you're being outplayed, it makes you look slow and unfit. Problem is here, nowadays, they're the slowest bunch of pro's I've seen and when you're being outrun and second to the loose ball, it makes you look unfit.

Not saying for a moment they are fit enough, but it's likely that whatever they achieve fitness/stamina wise, they're always going to be second best in any tussle.

• Backroom
"they're not fit" has been the criticism by fans of just about every poor squad we've had. Problem is, they're the slowest bunch of pro's I've seen and when you're being outrun, it makes you look unfit.

Not saying for a moment they are fit enough, but it's likely that whatever they achieve fitness/stamina wise, they're always going to be second best in any tussle.

Even so, I'd rather us be not good enough than not try. I take that approach in all aspects of my life. It's probly why I liked kuqi, mokoena and even andrews tbh haha.

Archived