BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

Went down to Ewood today freezing cold same old tale CKR, Ruben Rochina still don't know this is a team game and you have to pass to your team mates,CKR must be one of the laziest players ever, Ruben Rochina thinks he's Lionel Messi,Danny Murphy is to slow and well past his sell buy date if this is the best Simon Vukcevic can do its no wonder he never plays.

If its true Big Sam has offered 4million for Marcus Olsson we should snap his hand off,we must have conceded around 15 headed

goals this season two in the last two games which means our centre backs are not fit for purpose to sort this team out we need two central midfield players,two proper wingers,two full backs and an experienced central defender and to be rid of the dead wood which occupies large parts of this squad also I thought the young right back on loan Todd Kane acquitted himself very well and certainly looks a player for the future.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Absolutely no chance Mercer.

By your measures, if there were only 2000 in the Riverside then there were less than 1000 in the JW. So you are probably wrong and right.

Obviously sat opposite Riverside in JW. Holds 4,000 and only about half full.

Went down to Ewood today freezing cold same old tale CKR, Ruben Rochina still don't know this is a team game and you have to pass to your team mates,CKR must be one of the laziest players ever, Ruben Rochina thinks he's Lionel Messi,Danny Murphy is to slow and well past his sell buy date if this is the best Simon Vukcevic can do its no wonder he never plays.

If its true Big Sam has offered 4million for Marcus Olsson we should snap his hand off,we must have conceded around 15 headed

goals this season two in the last two games which means our centre backs are not fit for purpose to sort this team out we need two central midfield players,two proper wingers,two full backs and an experienced central defender and to be rid of the dead wood which occupies large parts of this squad also I thought the young right back on loan Todd Kane acquitted himself very well and certainly looks a player for the future.

Agree with all this. We seem to have some talent but we are so careless in possession it"s beyond a joke and we seemed to spend all our time punting it forward for some reason. We have had 5 managers now and no one has tried to play 4-4-2 when it seems obvious to me that it would be the wy to go in this league with our players. I found today really frustrating and depressing and unusually can"t find any good points to note.

Appleton seemed very disappointed with some players attitude and said in the post match interview he would have to deal with that and that "they" would have a frustrated 19 games from the bench if they don't cope with the pressure of this League.

There will surely be 1-2 Changes for next game. He seemed fed up with some players already.

He has a lot of work to do. But I would also sell Martin Olsson if he can bring in some players to steady the ship. Martin has been terrible the last few games in defence. He would do much better as a midfelder. Time to get Graham Dorrans in now.

Appleton seemed very disappointed with some players attitude and said in the post match interview he would have to deal with that and that "they" would have a frustrated 19 games from the bench if they don't cope with the pressure of this League.

There will surely be 1-2 Changes for next game. He seemed fed up with some players already.

He has a lot of work to do. But I would also sell Martin Olsson if he can bring in some players to steady the ship. Martin has been terrible the last few games in defence. He would do much better as a midfelder. Time to get Graham Dorrans in now.

Dorrans was starting for West Brom tonight, can't see him coming here.

Wholesale changes a needed unfortunately. With each week that passes the project or rescuing this sinking ship gets more demanding and daunting.

We are a mid table championship side. We need fighters who don't know when they are beaten. The only glimmer of hope we have is a prolific goal scorer who is isolated for most of each match.

Rovers need to go back to basics and play an out and out 442 system, but to do that we need to sign two proper midfielders in the middle, a leading centre half and two decent full backs. The lad from Chelsea is not ready, glad we only got him for a month, and Olsson I really don't think is the player he could have been and is now stagnating big time.

Easier said than done I know, I'm just venting.

What a shocker!

A new manager, owners present.. But the performance was anything but positive. ............we have some serious problems because Charlton are no world beaters by any stretch of the imagination. In fact the players performance was a bit of a middle fingered salute to Appleton and the Venkys or at least thats how it seemed.

Woeful performance today. Make no mistake. And the hard-working Charlton lads deserved the three points. No pre-madonnas in their squad. Just an honest bunch of players who wanted to play – and win – more than we did.

Appleton says he learned alot about the team. I can't help thinking his tactic today was to deliberately let the players express themselves in their own way, rather than coming in and dictating from the off. I can only hope that's why Appleton was so reserved on the touchline. If this was his tactic, some of the players will have royally tripped themselves up with that performance, and given Appleton just cause to kick their arses when they next pitch up at Brockhall. They deserve it.

For me, the tone for the day was set when I saw the utterly obnoxious CKR directing a massive amount of attitude to CR (Chris Rush) during the pre-match warm up. Don't know what he was upset about but he was basically telling CR where to go before warming up with all the effort the we used to see from Benni McCarthy. The guy may say the things we want to hear in an interview, but on the pitch, he's a cocky thug. Was clearly sulking when he was put on the left wing during the first half and, although he looked better when in the middle with Rhodes in the second half and sent in a sweet cross for the goal, I just don't want him anywhere near the team. His attitude stinks and he must be a nightmare to work/play with.

As for the rest of the team, Rhodes was the only one that came out with any credit in my opinion. The rest were at fault in so many different ways.

To me, we have a team that's made up of personalities that don't give a flying @#/? about the club and still haven't accepted the fact that they are the ones that got us relegated – and are incapable of getting us back up. I'm convinced they all seriously believe they should still be in the Premier League. They've never taken any responsibility for the plight we're in. To them, it's someone elses fault. It doesn't matter what they do on the pitch, they continue to draw their handsome wages. There is zero accountability, honesty and perception of reality. They're living in a bubble and the fans are the ones who are regularly feeling the pain. They don't care.

I travelled up with a Charlton fan today and he was telling me how such and such a player was released by Leicester on a free, so and so came from a non-league team, this fella was signed from Gillingham etc...

Not impressive – but I'd kill for a team like that at the moment.

• Backroom

The more I think about today the more depressing it gets

2-1 down with 10-15 to go you just knew there was no way we were getting back into it, we never looked like a team capable of doing anything

All season we have just created so little, I don't know if the fact Rhodes can't hold it up at all is almost as much of a hindrance to us as his goals are an absolute blessing.

As a striker scoring goals he should be the absolute least of our worries though so we need to change our approach drastically

Trouble is that I can't even get angry any more and I suspect most others there are slipping into the same apathy. The lack of effort and passion from the players means you do know that there is no chance we will pull it back as you said and today I actually said the ref should blow the whistle early because the game was over. I like many wouldn't mind the getting beaten as much if only you felt the players had given their all.it's the total lack of running and movement off the ball, the lack of desire and determination to win balls, to support the attack when the ball does go forward that sucks all hope out of you.

We can sit here and dissect the reasons for another capitulation, but the bottom line is that nothing will change so long as Venky's own the club. None of them have two brain cells to put together when it comes to running a business that they didn't inherit from dear old daddy. They're both deeply arrogant and ignorant to the point that they hold the fans in contempt and have dismissed everyone qualified to advise them on running a football club, instead opting for money-grubbers and sycophants to run the show. How can you expect the club to ever 'turn the corner' with these chumpstains in charge? We're currently reaping the rewards of a two year demolition job and debating the minutiae of which is frankly irrelevant at this point.

Simply not good enough today. Can't blame the manager after 1 game. It was the same team and tactics as when Bowyer was in charge. Only difference was the players attitudes and it stunk to high heaven. Just because they don't like their boss, doesn't mean they shouldn't do their jobs properly. Any of us would be fired if we performed like they did just because we didn't like our new boss. So try and get rid of the trouble causers and bring in replacements who are hungry and want to succeed, if we can, and we might put up a decent fight for promotion next year. Otherwise, turmoil instability and ultimately another relegation and probable administration is on the cards. Thoroughly pee'd off with the whole set up tonight.

As per McClarky, i agree, a great summation. Spot on.

Harsh on Murphy though for me, he can pick a pass out (like Tugay) but needs a runner in there - a Savage, along with someone making a run into space, maybe down the wings? (I know, requires effort and discipline, possibly asking too much here)

The deadwood we have won't be shifted easily. The dross signed in the summer, and over the last two seasons (sanctioned by God knows who) will assure us our place on a par with our lowest level in 30 years. And that includes when we had the likes of Curry and McKinnon and had no money whatsoever.

It's not been easy to get us to be this bad. With Venkys in charge it's been effortless.

Woeful performance today. Make no mistake. And the hard-working Charlton lads deserved the three points. No pre-madonnas in their squad. Just an honest bunch of players who wanted to play – and win – more than we did.

Appleton says he learned alot about the team. I can't help thinking his tactic today was to deliberately let the players express themselves in their own way, rather than coming in and dictating from the off. I can only hope that's why Appleton was so reserved on the touchline. If this was his tactic, some of the players will have royally tripped themselves up with that performance, and given Appleton just cause to kick their arses when they next pitch up at Brockhall. They deserve it.

For me, the tone for the day was set when I saw the utterly obnoxious CKR directing a massive amount of attitude to CR (Chris Rush) during the pre-match warm up. Don't know what he was upset about but he was basically telling CR where to go before warming up with all the effort the we used to see from Benni McCarthy. The guy may say the things we want to hear in an interview, but on the pitch, he's a cocky thug. Was clearly sulking when he was put on the left wing during the first half and, although he looked better when in the middle with Rhodes in the second half and sent in a sweet cross for the goal, I just don't want him anywhere near the team. His attitude stinks and he must be a nightmare to work/play with.

As for the rest of the team, Rhodes was the only one that came out with any credit in my opinion. The rest were at fault in so many different ways.

To me, we have a team that's made up of personalities that don't give a flying @#/? about the club and still haven't accepted the fact that they are the ones that got us relegated – and are incapable of getting us back up. I'm convinced they all seriously believe they should still be in the Premier League. They've never taken any responsibility for the plight we're in. To them, it's someone elses fault. It doesn't matter what they do on the pitch, they continue to draw their handsome wages. There is zero accountability, honesty and perception of reality. They're living in a bubble and the fans are the ones who are regularly feeling the pain. They don't care.

I travelled up with a Charlton fan today and he was telling me how such and such a player was released by Leicester on a free, so and so came from a non-league team, this fella was signed from Gillingham etc...

Not impressive – but I'd kill for a team like that at the moment.

Good post matey, I couldn't agree more.

We can sit here and dissect the reasons for another capitulation, but the bottom line is that nothing will change so long as Venky's own the club. None of them have two brain cells to put together when it comes to running a business that they didn't inherit from dear old daddy. They're both deeply arrogant and ignorant to the point that they hold the fans in contempt and have dismissed everyone qualified to advise them on running a football club, instead opting for money-grubbers and sycophants to run the show. How can you expect the club to ever 'turn the corner' with these chumpstains in charge? We're currently reaping the rewards of a two year demolition job and debating the minutiae of which is frankly irrelevant at this point.

+100

Simply not good enough today. Can't blame the manager after 1 game. It was the same team and tactics as when Bowyer was in charge. Only difference was the players attitudes and it stunk to high heaven. Just because they don't like their boss, doesn't mean they shouldn't do their jobs properly. Any of us would be fired if we performed like they did just because we didn't like our new boss. So try and get rid of the trouble causers and bring in replacements who are hungry and want to succeed, if we can, and we might put up a decent fight for promotion next year. Otherwise, turmoil instability and ultimately another relegation and probable administration is on the cards. Thoroughly pee'd off with the whole set up tonight.

I disagree about the only difference - IMO the difference was in Bowyers first three matches we had a bit of luck with our first goal to get us going. Against Charlton we had a number of half chances prior to them scoring - if they had gone in it would have been a different story. The truth is the players have yet to match the running off the ball of any team we have met this season. Teams with players more average than ours look better because they play for each other - rather than trying to dribble past three defenders - or leaving their team mates isolated as we seem to do. The defence did ok - but the only player (other than Rhodes) who consistently puts the effort in to receive passes, help out his team mates and make room for his team mates is the much maligned Lowe.

I think that is it for me ,, until Venkys have gone !

Been going on since the late 60s but yesterday was the final straw !

Murphy , Richards , Dann , Rochina the list is endless are obtaining money under false pretences ,all these players signed by a man , who manipulated his way into the managers chair....

Now , we have our 5th manager of the season , a complete laughing stock !

The goals of Rhodes will this season keep us up , he will be gone in the summer and next season relegation is a certainty ....

I think that is it for me ,, until Venkys have gone !

Been going on since the late 60s but yesterday was the final straw !

Murphy , Richards , Dann , Rochina the list is endless are obtaining money under false pretences ,all these players signed by a man , who manipulated his way into the managers chair....

Now , we have our 5th manager of the season , a complete laughing stock !

The goals of Rhodes will this season keep us up , he will be gone in the summer and next season relegation is a certainty ....

I am thinking the same way but almost there already having attended just 3 home matches this season (Wolves, Bolton & Charlton) and been bitterly disappointed.

For those 3 matches, spent about £260 on tickets and I refuse to help pay the wages of what I consider to be a shower of shyte.

Amarillo summed-up, IMO, the arrogance of these clowns and that could be seen as they staged their 'high profile' entrance yesterday.

Yes and no. Yesterday proved to me they couldn't care less about the club but to be honest I don't blame them because of the continuing farce in the boardroom and the dug-out. Players need managing and this lot have never been properly managed, something I remember from my own playing days when we always played better for a manager we respected. It was noticeable there was definitely a better attitude among the players during Bowyer's short time in charge.

In short, I think the players have lost all respect for the club. Having five managers in one season is ridiculous. It's no wonder they are just going through the motions.

It was noticeable there was definitely a better attitude among the players during Bowyer's short time in charge.

In short, I think the players have lost all respect for the club. Having five managers in one season is ridiculous. It's no wonder they are just going through the motions.

Absolutely jim the difference in attitude was startling to see.

Archived