BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers V Charlton

• Backroom

A shocking result and a pathetic start to Appleton's reign. You could see from Murphy's interview, CKR's tweet, and certain whispers from certain people that the players were not happy with Appleton's appointment. Today is not a surprise when you consider that.

Forget playoffs this season, we just need to concentrate on staying in the division and in the meantime praying that somebody takes the club from Venky's.

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A shocking result and a pathetic start to Appleton's reign. You could see from Murphy's interview, CKR's tweet, and certain whispers from certain people that the players were not happy with Appleton's appointment. Today is not a surprise when you consider that.

Nail, head.

It was a banker of a loss today really. Players obviously @#/? off about Bowyer.

Ah well, at least we'll be in the championship next season *hopefully*.

And so the negativity begins, I fortunately am level headed and will certainly not be judging Appleton on one game. Perspective needs to be sought.

Venkys Out needs to be sought. These rats are running the club into the ground.

Terrible result. Don't blame Appleton, the players sounded like they couldn't be bothered today. I think we have to accept that the current squad isn't good enough. Most can't even pass the ball accurately.

I'd now accept a top 10 finish with Appleton laying the foundations for a promotion push next year. That's the best we can hope for.

• Backroom
Terrible result. Don't blame Appleton, the players sounded like they couldn't be bothered today. I think we have to accept that the current squad isn't good enough. Most can't even pass the ball accurately.

I'd now accept a top 10 finish with Appleton laying the foundations for a promotion push next year. That's the best we can hope for.

The players wanted a proper manager, got Appleton and are now going to make sure he fails in the same way Kean and Berg did.

It isn't right but it's going to happen.

Totally agree. Maybe Appleton will be a poor manager but the majority of these ''players'' just can't be arsed and have shown that for the last 2 years. They've put in the effort for 3/4 games all year and we need a massive purge of the squad to get rid of the players just turning up and collecting their cheque rather than trying.

Bullshit. Glorious chance to really begin start a fresh start up to the play off spots and we @#/? it up at home to Charlton. So toothless it's untrue, CM is totally and utterly non exsistent entity.

Danny Murphy has come for one last payout and I reckon I could be nearly as effective as Jason Lowe. He's utter dog @#/?.

The players wanted a proper manager, got Appleton and are now going to make sure he fails in the same way Kean and Berg did.

You could be right.

Appleton stood like a statue for 90 minutes.

I think I might be finished now. Thought it couldn't get any worse. Today it did. More disappointed today than I can quite grasp.

• Backroom

Absolutely pathetic effort from the players they should be ashamed but in reality thy couldn't care less

At least where we are heading we might see some players who will make an effort and actually want to play football

You could be right. Appleton stood like a statue for 90 minutes.

Oh dear.

Let's just run down the ol' checklist, eh?

"Gives a good presser" - check

Stands like a statue helpless at the unfolding misery - check

Deluded fans saying: 'Give him a chance FFS' - check

Some hard-nut aspect, eg says he comes from Gorbals, or looks like Japanese yakuza - check

Got a hotline to Retard HQ, Pune, by-passing management structure and making himself untouchable - check

Bald head - check

Next to no experience but highly rated by Phil Scolari, Alex Ferguson or Indira Gandhi - check

Pointless substitutions - check

Good at vague soundbites - check

Positive - check

Ladies and gentleman, we have the technology, we have re-built Steve Kean. I give you ... Project Appleton.

At least it keeps the Appy Clappers busy.

Possibly. I think many of the squad are fed-up of Venky's constantly moving the goalposts. One minute they thought they'd be playing for Bowyer & McPhillips, the next another nonentity is taking over the reins. There's no consistency, no stability, no leadership, no clue.

• Backroom
Possibly. I think many of the squad are fed-up of Venky's constantly moving the goalposts. One minute they thought they'd be playing for Bowyer & McPhillips, the next another nonentity is taking over the reins. There's no consistency, no stability, no leadership, no clue.

If Venky's weren't going to hire a proper manager then the only duo the players would have worked under does appear to be Bowyer & McPhilips, who they clearly had a lot of time for.

Ultimately, it is all Venky's fault.

As I said previously, Charlton were a very average side, yet won with something to spare. It's been said before but the squad is poor - we had nothing to bring on, Peds is not an impact player, CKR was truly bad save for his cross for the goal, feel for Jordan, as instead of playing to him, we play around him and punt aimless balls up to him. It goes on and on - the amount of misplaced passes from Murphy, Richards, it makes me want to cry, so far have we dropped in such a short time.

Those feckin morons were at least there to witness it first hand.

We need players now, just to survive, let alone prosper.

I wasn't an Appleton man, but we could have 20 managers this season, and none of them could raise the dead in this team.

Utterly dispiriting!

It all starts from the top. If the owners cant be bothered, then the players cant be bothered.

Apathy Park

precisely.

no one would perform under these circumstances. Everyone of us would wonder what the @#/? was going on, if our professionel bosses, colleagues and what not, were laid of and replaced with a bunch of idiots. The enviroment simply isnt there, for anyone to perfom to the best of their ability.

Archived