BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Fantastic. A win, a clean sheet, some atmosphere and good feeling back in the second half and teams around us lose

Not a great display, first half was poor but much better second half.

In reality today Rhodes was poor he missed 3 sitters with his head but if he has an off day when we won I couldn't care less. He nearly scored a beauty mind you after a world class volleyed through ball from DJ

Football feels good again for a short while

Perfect day for us. We win and all our rivals lose or draw. 4 points off the playoffs and only 10 off automatic promotion with 16 games to go.

Clean sheets are key as we'll always score goals. I wrote us off a few weeks back but Appleton has worked miracles in such a short space of time.

Wonder what the odds are of a Blackburn vs. Burnley play-off match??!

P.S. As I may have said before, I'm glad that Appleton has been busy proving me wrong since arriving.

the dingles are not in a play off position, stop blaspheming

Good win and good to have a clean sheet.

As for the Samba comments...well, I would be very happy to see Samba and Hoilett relegated. Say what you want about the poor ownership and management, but both players jumped ship and nothing would please me more than if we could pass them on their way down.

Another great win. 3 clean sheets in a row (4 if you include Brighton's equaliser in the 23rd minute of injurt time). For all the criticism from the know-nothings (BRAG) Appleton has proved he can organise a disjointed team/squad into a coherent unit. To write him off before he started was an embarrassment. If we can bring in a couple more players (Thomas would be a massive improvement on Mks Olsson) the play-offs are a possibility. A draw at B&HA in midweek would be another massive result. Well done to MA and the players. At least now we've got a chance.

As for the Samba comments...well, I would be very happy to see Samba and Hoilett relegated. Say what you want about the poor ownership and management, but both players jumped ship and nothing would please me more than if we could pass them on their way down.

Don't think it's fair to criticise either of those players for leaving when they did. Samba knew he'd be playing in Europe, surely the ultimate goal for any professional player and, frankly, if he'd stayed at Rovers he'd never have fulfilled this goal.

Also, what would make Hoilett want to sign a new deal knowing he'd be playing Championship football as opposed to getting far more lucrative deal in the Premier League, even if it was for QPR. They've underperformed and yes it's looking likely they'll be relegated (and I hope they are) but you can't blame a player for wanting to play at the highest level.

Anyone who was writing off our chances of reaching the playoffs (Phillipl comes to mind) is looking quite foolish tonight. We obviously have a good chance of reaching them and I think we will.

Add me to the list, one which was rather long too. I am one happy fool. I am NOT getting carried away we have some tough tough games coming. If we get through those with any form of decent points tally then I will maybe be a little more optimistic.

Add me to the list, one which was rather long too. I am one happy fool. I am NOT getting carried away we have some tough tough games coming. If we get through those with any form of decent points tally then I will maybe be a little more optimistic.

I'm going to get carried away. Not had reason to feel good for long time. Might as well enjoy it

Another good three points in the bag, with another clean sheet and hardworking performance. It's obvious that Appleton has come in and made us more difficult to belief, replacing the more light weight creative players with more hard working ones. Long may it continue if it keeps our faint play off chances alive.

On the one hand, they were playing for Steve Kean and saw that they were on sinking ship, so I don't want to blame them for looking elsewhere. But then again the way they went about it left a bitter pill to swallow.

I'm going to get carried away. Not had reason to feel good for long time. Might as well enjoy it

This is Rovers we have a way of bringing one back to earth with a thud. A Draw at Brighton would be great, a win at Emerates would be sweet then a couple more points on the road and I'd be close to ecstatic

V happy at the win today. Can't get carried away just yet, a positive result at Brighton might change that. It really is a confidence game. We were very average until the goal, after that we bossed it and should have had another. Murphy again frustrates - first half awful, got better as the game went on. We still need two more midfield players, and we will rue not strengthening that area - long way to go yet! 7th looks good though!

Archived