BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another average workman like performance - another 3 points.

Murphy was again shocking for most of the match - and is an absolutely liability defensively - but going forward he was at the heart of most of the things we did.

I am strangely optimistic about the Brighton match - as I think some of the players play better when the opposition come onto us more.

There will be plenty of twists and turns yet. Any team can beat any other team on the day in this division - we are part of that, so we WILL lose a game that on paper we shouldn't at some point. Middlesbrough and Barnsley today is a great example, and Peterborough against Cardiff recently too.

I do fancy us to sneak into the play offs now. We've got a much bigger squad than teams around us (especially if we can get Thomas/Bentley in and get Best returning). That will really start to count as we get nearer to the end of the season.

Also, we look like a mentally strong team. Had we got to the play offs under Kean/Berg I would have expected us to crumble. Not anymore though, we look like we're capable of sneaking tight matches due to our quality up front.

It was a game of two halves today alright. But credit to Appleton, he got his tactics spot on against McCarthy. He even changed it when he needed to and it resulted in us scoring very soon after.

He definitely has the players playing for him and each other. We do still have weak links but they are able to cover by working damn hard. Hanley got rid if everything at the back and probably fairly got MoM.

It'll be a crying shame if Rhodes doesn't equal the record by having that goal given as OG. Not seen a replay. Is there a dubious goals panel in the Championship?

Onwards and upwards!

Did Rhodes actually get credited the goal? Gutted if it wasn't as his massive goals voting run comes to an end.

Bring on Brighton!!!

If the description on here was right and a defender kicked against the goalkeepers head, there is abolutely no way it can be given to Rhodes. If even a shot rebounds from the post/crossbar and goes in off the keeper it's given as an o.g.

• Backroom

If the description on here was right and a defender kicked against the goalkeepers head, there is abolutely no way it can be given to Rhodes. If even a shot rebounds from the post/crossbar and goes in off the keeper it's given as an o.g.

Sounds like it was Rhodes who knocked it goal bound then it hit the keeper on the way in

He'll get the goal, looked gutted after the game he will know he should have had a hattrick today but fair play to the lad he did break his nose!

Sounds like it was Rhodes who knocked it goal bound then it hit the keeper on the way in

He'll get the goal, looked gutted after the game he will know he should have had a hattrick today but fair play to the lad he did break his nose!

Ah ok. If it was going on target then he'll get it.

The partnership of Dann and Hanley seems to get better every match and with the ability to keep clean sheets and easily the best strike force in the division i think we will make the playoffs.

Rhodes, CKR Best gomes and Campbell all fighting for two spots is a very good dilemma to have.

Good win and good to have a clean sheet.

As for the Samba comments...well, I would be very happy to see Samba and Hoilett relegated. Say what you want about the poor ownership and management, but both players jumped ship and nothing would please me more than if we could pass them on their way down.

Players jumping ship is a reality of football. What you can't say about Samba is that he did not give 100% for the club throughout his time here. There are plenty of others you could say that about.

Seems a bit churlish to me.

The partnership of Dann and Hanley seems to get better every match and with the ability to keep clean sheets and easily the best strike force in the division i think we will make the playoffs.

Rhodes, CKR Best gomes and Campbell all fighting for two spots is a very good dilemma to have.

I've got a feeling CKR might play on the right wing. Can anyone confirm what formation we had today when Campbell came on?

Gomes has been told he can go out on loan by the way, I don't think we'll see him again.

We took him from football obscurity and handed him the opportunity to prove himself on the biggest stage. He then threw his dummy out when the club needed him most. You can say what you want about his commitment, but there was no reason why he had to force a move when he could have left at the end of the season. The fact that he has come back to another relegation fight shows you what a dumb move it was in the first place.

Jordan Rhodes wasn't credited with the goal and I can't really see any reason why the dubious goals panel would give it to him.

When DJ came on for Peds, we played with much more width, and playing two up front we posed a far bigger threat to the opposition .

Surely this must be the way forward. Centre midfield is still a worry for me.

The second half was quite enjoyable and it has been a long long time since I could say that. Of course other results help the cause, but lets take nothing away from the players and Appleton.

It is also refreshing to hear a manager say it how it is. It's strange how this coincides with the scilence from Shebby and Shagnew.

Thought the fans were great today.

I've got a feeling CKR might play on the right wing. Can anyone confirm what formation we had today when Campbell came on?

Pretty much the way you've described. 4-4-2 with Kazim-Kazim on the right.

Not sure i like it. When he was up front with Rhodes in the first half, he was holding the ball up, high up the pitch. In the second half he was still holding the ball up but much deeper.

Credit to Appleton though, it worked!

We took him from football obscurity and handed him the opportunity to prove himself on the biggest stage. He then threw his dummy out when the club needed him most. You can say what you want about his commitment, but there was no reason why he had to force a move when he could have left at the end of the season. The fact that he has come back to another relegation fight shows you what a dumb move it was in the first place.

Jordan Rhodes wasn't credited with the goal and I can't really see any reason why the dubious goals panel would give it to him.

I would not blame an outstanding professional of his ilk from wanting to get the hell away from Kean and Venky's when the penny dropped that they were not going to make good on promises. I would argue, in that sense, that they forced him out.

It's not like he had been trying to force a move when the club was being run properly. Unless you believe Steve Kean.

The second half was quite enjoyable and it has been a long long time since I could say that.

There was a lady in front of us in the second half said "for the first time in a long time, I'm actually starting to care again".

I know what she means.

Another average workman like performance - another 3 points.

Murphy was again shocking for most of the match - and is an absolutely liability defensively - but going forward he was at the heart of most of the things we did.

Poor game but 3 good points.

To the contrary I would have given Murphy MOTM......he had a great game.

Thank goodness the Ipswich finishing was dire, they missed two absolute sitters.

I would not blame an outstanding professional of his ilk from wanting to get the hell away from Kean and Venky's when the penny dropped that they were not going to make good on promises. I would argue, in that sense, that they forced him out.

It's not like he had been trying to force a move when the club was being run properly. Unless you believe Steve Kean.

Samba was a giant for us and gave us a 10 million pay day. I would have him back in a heartbeat when we go up and QPR go down.

Poor game but 3 good points.

To the contrary I would have given Murphy MOTM......he had a great game.

Thank goodness the Ipswich finishing was dire, they missed two absolute sitters.

I suppose football is all about opinions - personally I just got sick of watching the Ipswich midfield waltz past him with barely a tackle.

We took him from football obscurity and handed him the opportunity to prove himself on the biggest stage. He then threw his dummy out when the club needed him most.

He paid us back for that initial faith ten times over. He was with us for years.

Have you forgotten that he signed a new contract when Venky's took over after they gave him their "vision of the future"? Remember, all that stuff about Champions Leage etc? He had every right to want out when he realised he had been lied to.

Archived