BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town

In terms of player performances... well, Grant Hanley getting man of the match baffled me a bit. He was slow and cumbersome, though he made up for it by getting back to tackle.

I thought both Olssons had poor games. At one point in the first half Martin got skinned by Stearman which is just embarrassing for him. The renowned pace of the twins certainly didn't make itself noticeable here.

I agree with some of your comments but not the 2 above.

Hanley had another solid game. Won pretty much every header. Some really good defending by him in the 2nd half in particular.

I thought the olssons linked up really well in the 2nd half. I thought Markus had one of his better games. He looked dangerous driving forward.

The only time I remember Martin being beaten was when their player knocked the ball around him in the first half, but Martin recovered, got back and stopped the cross.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i could spend 10 years in spain, brazil or timbuktu, wouldnt make me feel anymore part of that nation though!!!

Those 10 years were the formative years in Jordan Rhodes' life. Those are the years in which you develop your identity and personality. The lad feels Scottish, what's wrong with that?

• Backroom

I agree with some of your comments but not the 2 above.

Hanley had another solid game. Won pretty much every header. Some really good defending by him in the 2nd half in particular.

I thought the olssons linked up really well in the 2nd half. I thought Markus had one of his better games. He looked dangerous driving forward.

The only time I remember Martin being beaten was when their player knocked the ball around him in the first half, but Martin recovered, got back and stopped the cross.

Hanley did win headers, but he was up against the miniture McClean and the ineffective McGoldrick :lol: in terms of pace he is always a liability as he is simply not in athletic condition. Nonetheless, he's probably good enough for where we are now.

As for Martin, he was beaten a couple of times in the first half. Both times he did ultimately stop anything from happening, but that's mainly because the Ipswich players were fecking awful.

The Samba debate has reared it's head again? The debate about a player who had a dummy spit (probably agent inspired) every single transfer, before anybody had even heard of Venkys? The same player whose burning desire for glory and integrity took him to the war torn Caucuses where racism is rife?

The petro dollars had nothing to do with it, Samba was a folk hero standing up for his principles and the club's supporters :lol:

Samba is a professional alright, very much the modern day professional. If Rovers can wave at him and Hoilett on the way past come May what a fabulous bonus that would be.

I have this really really crazy idea, let's put the Samba comments in the Samba thread, it is still on here isn't it? I'm a bit tired of reading about him in all threads not Samba.

i could spend 10 years in spain, brazil or timbuktu, wouldnt make me feel anymore part of that nation though!!!

You'd have to actually do it to know though wouldn't you.

There will be a day before the end of the season when we blow it and enough of the clubs around us win for us to feel suicidal.

Today was the opposite.

We won without remotely looking promotion material and the clubs around us didn't win.

Phil, just try to enjoy it for once. Remember what brings you to this forum. We should be able to enjoy the highs, we've certainly had enough lows.

Not read any comments , been busy as . The first half was one of the most lazy pathetic showings I've ever seen . Second half a lot better . CKR won us the game by getting under the Ipswich skin. Happy with win but promotion would see us humiliated beyond belief .

Abbey, I'm sure the same was said when Southampton went up this year and when Swansea went up the year before. I don't disagree with you that at present we'd get ripped apart. BUT and it's a very big but, if we did get there we might be able to pick up a couple of players and survive.

It's a long way away and I'm banning myself from thinking about it. All we've done so far is beat two teams at home who we should really be beating.

The real test comes now. Brighton away is a much more important game. A point would not be a bad result there at all.

Not read any comments , been busy as . The first half was one of the most lazy pathetic showings I've ever seen . Second half a lot better . CKR won us the game by getting under the Ipswich skin. Happy with win but promotion would see us humiliated beyond belief .

Worse than the abject surrender and the horrendous Kean spouting garbage every match? We've been humiliated beyond belief already - I'd take promotion and relegation under a proper manager. Even losing most matches wouldn't humiliate us like last time

Worse than the abject surrender and the horrendous Kean spouting garbage every match? We've been humiliated beyond belief already - I'd take promotion and relegation under a proper manager. Even losing most matches wouldn't humiliate us like last time

+43

Jordan Rhodes...our personal William Wallace leading the final charge.

I think you mean Robert the Bruce. He was the Scottish hero King that led the Scots to victory at Bannockburn and finally gained freedom and independence for Scotland to "be a Nation again".

...and not having to share the victory with Kean.

I really hated that feeling. I was trying to be pleased that we had won, but at the same time being depressed at the thought that it bought Kean more time in the job and gave the press a good headline to beat the fans with.

I think you mean Robert the Bruce. He was the Scottish hero King that led the Scots to victory at Bannockburn and finally gained freedom and independence for Scotland to "be a Nation again".

Still not really independent though are they?

Although I wish they were, then we wouldn't have to fork out the bill for their free education.

Archived