BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town

By virtue of my insomnia and the fact that with only a couple of days to go before the game there is no thread, I thought I'd chuck my hat in the ring and get one up and running.

Apologies to all if one was planned.

Tractor Boys at home in a must win game for us and hopefully we all back the badge of our own volition!

My memories of Ipswich are of Bobby Robson and a team in the eighties that oozed class. Mills, Butcher, Muhren, Gates, Mariner, that annoying git in midfield with dark hair who scored loads and went to Liverpool who's name escapes me etc. Please fill in the blanks of a great team who won the then Euefa Cup.

Ipswich come to Ewood having had a topsy turvey season but are now somewhat resurgent under Mick McCarthy's stewardship.

I don't consider it will be an easy game but it's most definitely one that we MUST win.

Appy's first real game at Ewood after settling in and his team selection and tactical formation will be more than interesting.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I'll be at Ewood for this one. First time in a long time, since early in Kean's tenure. I said I'd never go again as long as Venky's were in charge, but I'm curious to see what the atmosphere and such is like these days. Am also interested in seeing how an Appleton team plays first-hand.

Ipswich are in decent form as of late and Mick's a good manager. I think this'll be a 2-2 draw.

I'll be at Ewood for this one. First time in a long time, since early in Kean's tenure. I said I'd never go again as long as Venky's were in charge, but I'm curious to see what the atmosphere and such is like these days. Am also interested in seeing how an Appleton team plays first-hand.

Ipswich are in decent form as of late and Mick's a good manager. I think this'll be a 2-2 draw.

There is none mate, people just sat watching the match and chatting to whoever they are with. A few timid chants from the DE upper corner in the bottom tier and if we score we chant the players name then back to chatting to the person you are with. Thats really how bad it is now

There is none mate, people just sat watching the match and chatting to whoever they are with. A few timid chants from the DE upper corner in the bottom tier and if we score we chant the players name then back to chatting to the person you are with. Thats really how bad it is now

Don't disagree with that, I think you'll notice how the team has a bit of organisation at last though DE. That's a pleasant change from the Kean days.

My memories of Ipswich, beating them in the semi final of the Full Members Cup in 1987 and realising that meant I was going to watch Rovers at Wembley for the first time, aged 8. Think it was 3-0 at Ewood, after we had previously stuffed Chelsea 3-0 as well.

So I'm going 3-0 to Rovers!

Anyone know best place to park when coming from M65 ? I normally come from Salmesbury - but a friend is coming from Manchester for the match so needs somewhere safe to park.

Heys Lane mate, go over bog height road and turn right onto Heys Lane, park on the right hand side just after the mini round about then after the match power walk it up and you are at the front of the traffic

Anyone know best place to park when coming from M65 ? I normally come from Salmesbury - but a friend is coming from Manchester for the match so needs somewhere safe to park.

Are you coming off at Darwen junction? If so i'd recommend parking in Lower Darwen which is 2 min drive from the junction, down Eccleshill Road from the roundabout. Plenty of street parking around Greenbank Terrace and Milking Lane. Its a quaint residential area where lots of fans park and so is safe. It's approx a 15 min walk to the ground.

It's ideal because you will be back on the M65 in a couple of minutes, and avoid all the traffic on the main Bolton Road.

Are you coming off at Darwen junction? If so i'd recommend parking in Lower Darwen which is 2 min drive from the junction, down Eccleshill Road from the roundabout. Plenty of street parking around Greenbank Terrace and Milking Lane. Its a quaint residential area where lots of fans park and so is safe. It's approx a 15 min walk to the ground.

It's ideal because you will be back on the M65 in a couple of minutes, and avoid all the traffic on the main Bolton Road.

quaint......I love it; Dave you sound so American :closedeyes:

I am looking forward to this one.

A Rovers win.

Several car parks on Branch Road, Lower Darwen. 10 mins walk to the ground. Cost you about a fiver.

Come off at the Shadsworth Junction, first left at the roundabout, past the Walker Estate and sraight on through the Traffic lights at Blackamoor.

Several car parks on Branch Road, Lower Darwen. 10 mins walk to the ground. Cost you about a fiver.

Come off at the Shadsworth Junction, first left at the roundabout, past the Walker Estate and sraight on through the Traffic lights at Blackamoor.

You missed the bit at the end that read " and then into Uncle Jacks" for a couple of pints.

McCarthy was my choice to take over at Ewood when Kean left so I'll be interested to see how this one goes. Ipswich were awful at Portman Road on a blistering day back in August yet should still have won the match. I fancy another draw this time.

Archived