SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] **Leicester City v Rovers** Tuesday 26th February

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't we just end the season now?

Clearly going through the motions now, summer can't come soon enough

Makes you wonder if the players know something we don't. Does the combination of remaining fixtures since before the Leeds game mean that we had no chance of getting into the play-offs even then? Or is it that all of their eggs are in the Millwall basket?

• Backroom

Can't we just end the season now?

Clearly going through the motions now, summer can't come soon enough

This just isn't acceptable, Tom. If we'd have won tonight we'd still only be 4 points off the playoffs. Exactly why are the players going through the motions and giving up? For a team with a backbone this is not an insurmountable challenge by any means. For our group of losers, it's apparently an impossible task.

• Backroom

Tom: Are you happy with this?

Am I @#/? I'm just a bit fed up with the hyperbole that's all, embarrassed by a small section of our fans if I'm honest

I'm not saying not rating the manager is a bad thing (plenty put their concerns in well thought out as well reasoned ways) but there's an element of our fanbase that bitches and moans every time a decision is made that they don't agree with, some would be best sticking to Fifa, I think the straw that broke the camels back for me was people moaning at 0-0 against arsenal

Think it may be time I took a break from forums and twitter cause I'm finding myself getting more wound up than I am with the football itself - which is bad enough!

By the way I'm not saying I think all is rosey I'm just fed up reading about it now

Murphy was seriously poor tonight,worse than usual. He needs to drop himself,report injured, whatever. Just show some pride for goodness sake ! Others are catching his malaise. It is becoming a bit unfathomable to me. Are betting syndicates at work ? That performance was very strange it was that bad. Seen some bad ones in my days. But that was really bad.

Murphy was seriously poor tonight,worse than usual. He needs to drop himself,report injured, whatever. Just show some pride for goodness sake ! Others are catching his malaise. It is becoming a bit unfathomable to me. Are betting syndicates at work ? That performance was very strange it was that bad. Seen some bad ones in my days. But that was really bad.

Very similar to the Hull non-performance by all accounts. This time last year we were clambering clear of the relegation zone only to lose eight of the last 9. Do Rovers players start thinking about their summer holidays in February ?

Sorry folks the crux of the problems are playing Murphy and Lowe together. They are shockongly poor as a central midfield duo.

It was the wrong team, wrong formation and with no hope of winning tonight. why go 4-4-2 away from home and concede the central area? The formation whould have been 3-5-1-1 to combat the threat of Leicester.

The season is over, we have no chacne of a semi final slot whilst relegation is almost a non event.

Time to completely plan for next season. Rid the club of the players who dont figure, and blood the youngsters, its the only way forward now.

As a side note, 1 more game at Ewood for me thsi year and its the dingle game. I have had enough, thought I was falling back in love with BRFVC but the Hull experience, Leeds debacle and now this latest capitulation have turned me off.

Bring on the summer

• Backroom

I said that earlier, my belief is no. 1 goal in 4 games, no chances created in the last three games. That HAS to be the number one point from Cryer et al to Appleton. Beyond abysmal.

Sorry pal, must have missed that! I'm going to be very interested to hear what Appleton has to say. His comments after this match will tell us a lot about what we have to "look forward to" in the future, I think.

Players arent good enough.Simple as that. Midfield is terrible. Give away possession 9 times out of ten which means the strikers get no service and the defence gets overworked.

Peds and Murphy well past their best, Lowe does a job but has no quality, Bentley is good but lacking fitness. No pace at all. No out ball. King is our out ball but we have no one else when hes injured.

With the midfield being non existent, we have to play long balls which doesnt suit campbell or rhodes.

King, Olsson and Best are huge losses. Key players. Appleton will sort it out in the summer, no doubt about that. Pacy wingers, presence in midfield and Physical presence up front.

• Backroom

How is Robbie Cotton in the reserves? He has to be better than this shower of @#/?.

Reported attitude issues, doubt we'll ever see him

I'd drop Murphy and play Bentley in the middle, neither can tackle but at least Bentley can pass

Sorry folks the crux of the problems are playing Murphy and Lowe together. They are shockongly poor as a central midfield duo.

Completely agree. Cant build attacks from them and they dont protect the defence. Key area off the pitch and we are extremely weak in there.

Don't know what to think now. Getting thrashed by a team in 5th would suggest we're a country mile off being promoted. So is it Appleton's fault or are we really just that terrible? If its the latter then I seriously doubt things will improve next season on a tighter budget and with the big players wanting out. Really getting a sense now that this is it, we ain't gonna be back for a long time and the 20 year golden era has ended.

Archived