BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] **Leicester City v Rovers** Tuesday 26th February

Couldn't see a preview anywhere and with the game tomorrow thought I would start a new topic.

Quick preview from me:

Leicester are currently 5th, 9 points ahead of Rovers who are 10th. They have not been in the best of form recently, having only picked up 1 point from a possible 9, losing to Charlton and Peterborough, whilst getting a point against Blackpool at the weekend.

They have only lost 3 at home and we have only won 3 on the road. They have scored the second most goals at home as well as being second in the against column. The game will be a huge test for our defenders who, since Appleton has taken charge, have looked very solid.

Personally think anything other than a victory and we can kiss goodbye to our slim play-off hopes. Appleton needs to set up with a more attacking line-up and not look to contain them ala the Hull game. Rhodes has only bagged one in 5, so hopefully he is "due one soon".

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

might make a lst min dash to get there. Are tickets available on the gate though?

Should be. Would double check the official website before going though.

Edit: Just called the Ticket Office and tickets will be available on the door. However there will be an additional £2 charge for this. Will be cash only.

Only sold a "few" hundred according to the Ticket office.

Normally a game at the Walkers (or King Power, whatever it's going by these days) would be a nice local trip for me but since moving to New Zealand it's a no go this year.

Hurting with a few injuries at the mo as others have mentioned but am still confident of Appleton's blue and white army pulling of a 2-0 victory with Rhodes on the score sheet.

Agreed Tom. Too many injuries and too many big name players not performing right now. It'll be Campbell and Rhodes up front tomorrow too and they're too similar to play together.

2-0 for me.

This is true. Both Campbell and Rhodes are no. 9s. Appleton should have kept one of his number 10s. I.e. Rochina. He could score goals too.

Normally a game at the Walkers (or King Power, whatever it's going by these days) would be a nice local trip for me but since moving to New Zealand it's a no go this year.

Hurting with a few injuries at the mo as others have mentioned but am still confident of Appleton's blue and white army pulling of a 2-0 victory with Rhodes on the score sheet.

Talk about fair weather supporter!

:lol:

It's on 5 live extra for anyone who can't make it.

Thanks for that, ds - I don't know if there'll be a commentary on Radio Lancs, but I'm not [quite] in their catchment area.

Have to say I'm less optimistic than normal, though - I fear this might be the last straw for this season's League hopes.

Archived