BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] **Leicester City v Rovers** Tuesday 26th February

See numerous other posts........WE ARE AND NEVER WERE GOOD ENOUGH, because of the train crash we call Wankys, to go up this season. I have reservations about MA, I have major reservations about our owners, we are in a slightly better position now than we ever were with Coco/Berg/SS in charge, but we will at least stay up!

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're playing as bad right now under Appleton as we did under Berg and Kean. I keep thinking the squad can do better, but maybe the players are just a lot worse than we all think. Injuries or not, we're embarrassing so far tonight and we've been very poor for some time now.

Ahem!!

just to put it right - more like the deluded fools think

We have been embarrassing all season

• Backroom

Ahem!!

just to put it right - the deluded fools

We have been embarrassing all season

There aren't many people who think the team as a whole is awful, to be fair. People focus on CM as the issue, but in reality I'm starting to think our issues pretty much span the whole pitch.

Jake Kean - decent enough. Rhodes is a good pure goalscorer.

The rest? Mid-table Championship at best. That's a lot of crap to shift.

If you already haven't it's time to write this season off once and for all. Regroup and make a real (and final?) push for the Premier League next season. It was always going to be hard to bounce straight back up, look at what happened last time when we were 'too good to go down'.

Wolves 22nd

Bolton 15th (and climbing)

Rovers 10th

First two don't have Venky's. We'll bounce back!

If we are losing £1/2M a week the owners would have to put an extra £25M in if we were to mount a challenge next season without some series cost cutting and no-one in their right mind would do that....then again it is the Venky's were talking about so maybe they will continue to fund this circus of extravegence and wastefullness. Surely the sensible option would be to try and get shot of all the high earners and try our luck with a decent group of young players and bring some championship experience from other clubs who aren't wanting £30K a week. First step is to put a stop to any talk of bringing in players this month, it would be a total waste of money at this stage.

• Backroom

Rochina is playing in spanish primera League but isn't good enough for Rovers.

His choice to leave, one that I don't feel makes much difference to our plight unless I forgot us doing much better whilst he was here

• Moderation Lead

We're 12th as it stands and Bolton above us (again, as it stands).

We just need an overhaul of the squad, and to address the balance. Harsh to judge Appleton too much at this stage, but once he's had next summer, we'll have to see if he can back up his words, long time since someone did that here I concede!!!

• Backroom

Appleton's plan, as far as I can tell, was to shift all the fancy players and focus on a group of hard-grafters. Not a bad plan in theory for the Championship.

However, when your "grafters" are the likes of Orr, Rekik, the Olsson twins, Dann, Pedersen, Bentley, Murphy, Etuhu, Kazim-Richards and DJ Campbell... well, it isn't going to work in the long run, is it?

There are two things I don't get about MA:

In a season with so many games, why doesn't he make changes? He only made one tonight and that is because he had too.

If a player performs bad in 2 or 3 games, why does he keep his place on team? Shouldn't others be given the opportunity to play for the first team?

And Formica is playing in Serie A in Italy. Not good enough.

His choice to leave, one that I don't feel makes much difference to our plight unless I forgot us doing much better whilst he was here

No, Appleton decided he would let him go. If he'd rated him, he would have told him he was core to the team and going nowhere

Big mistake - I actually think Appleton could have improved his all round awareness and he would have grown into our best player.

No, Appleton decided he would let him go. If he'd rated him, he would have told him he was core to the team and going nowhere

Big mistake - I actually think Appleton could have improved his all round awareness and he would have grown into our best player.

Agree with you Andy C..... I would had played him with Rhodes....much better than DJ Campbell as a striker I do Believe....not a central midfeld player, too risky..

• Backroom

You say big mistake but I just don't see it as one

FFS, not wishing to sound like an old fogey but what do I pay my BBC Licence fee for if they can't do a proper commentary?

Good grief "...and even Steve Kean was doing a good job and had them third in this league before he was sacked" - dreadful commentary. Dreadful performance by the sounds of things.

Archived