BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lancashire United-Pros and Cons

Guest Norbert

Theno, with all due respect, my kids are Rovers fans, always will be.

If you want to fly your Lancs Utd kite go do it elsewhere.

What you propose means the end of BRFC. Shove it up your flute.

If rovers went bust, then what. Would that end your interest in football?

IMO Moneywise it makes sense. But too many heart strings would be pulled by fans from all the clubs involved.

Yes after many years folk would get over it - generations come and go. After awhile there would be no fans around who would remember or have any affiliation to the individual clubs.

Could it work? Eventually after many years of battle and pain, it would. Do I want it to happen. NO as I am a rovers supporter.

But the way venky's are going. If the club went bust, We will all have to decide to either support another club, or a new club formed from the ashes of Blackburn Rovers. Sadly that is the reality.

OK, here's one. We carry on exactly as we are, about to enjoy our 14th season in the top 2 divisions. With a wage bill which roughly matches our income. Bottom half championship, top half league one is about where we should be, as it is for you, PNE, Barnsley, Huddersfield etc. With some luck, good management and a couple of youth team crackers, we've managed to stay away from the drop.

That's ok for me. It seems for you, you can't see past the Premier League now. Everything else is rubbish. Watching Rovers is rubbish, the championship's rubbish, not being on the telly is rubbish.

Deal with it.

Lancashire United, as already said on here by the sane majority, is alive and well at Old Trafford. So pop your dummy back in, and get back to Ewood. The Fourth Division was fun in parts.

Here's to another 34 years...

Excellent post

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO Moneywise it makes sense. But too many heart strings would be pulled by fans from all the clubs involved.

Yes after many years folk would get over it - generations come and go. After awhile there would be no fans around who would remember or have any affiliation to the individual clubs.

Could it work? Eventually after many years of battle and pain, it would. Do I want it to happen. NO as I am a rovers supporter.

But the way venky's are going. If the club went bust, We will all have to decide to either support another club, or a new club formed from the ashes of Blackburn Rovers. Sadly that is the reality.

Good post PAFELL.

Well I'll cross that bridge if I have to, but I don't believe it will, it might be called 'Blackburn Rovers FC 1875' or something along those lines. I think there are too many people who care that will ensure that Blackburn Rovers, in some shape or form, will survive.

As for the concept, maybe "shove it up your flute" was a tad strong(!) but I do disagree with it. Yes it may well make sense (Lancs United) but it's not for me and I daresay it's not for the fans of all the other Lancashire clubs either, for all the logical reasoning would it really be that popular? When does "sense" come into supporting your home town team? If any football fan was going to be logical about it then we'd all support Man Utd and be done with it.

YES PAFELL I WOULD NO LONGER WATCH FOOTY ,LIKE IVE SAID ID GO TO DENVER ONCE A YEAR INSTEAD.

Likewise my interest in football would end and from the money I saved could probably retire a year sooner than planned.

There used to be a Blackburn Olympic (and reserves) playing in Blackburn Combination but I think they disbanded several years ago.

I have hazy memories of playing a few games for these in the late 80s as a favour for my Blackburn Council Orphanage Cup team mate Pete Slinger while he was out injured.

There will ALWAYS be a Blackburn Rovers in whatever greatness ('95) or terrible state (present) that may be.Like others have rightly stated there are far to many people involved who give a damn for the club to ever go to the wall.

If the impossible ever did happen and Rovers ceased to exist that would be the end of my interest in football for good.

I posted earlier in the thread that there are no pros to the concept of Lancashire United and whilst it might seem a flippant remark, that actually is the case.

It's really only a potential vehicle for those fans who have taken their ball and ball home in a huff because their team isn't doing as well as they would have hoped.

If our Club ever went out of business, presumably there'd be a phoenix Club rising out of the ashes. Existing Rovers fans would have to decide whether or not to carry on supporting that Club, or whether it would be an opportune time to call it a day. I would certainly be far more receptive to the idea of supporting a phoenix Club if ours ever went out of business. I wouldn't be seen dead at a newly formed hybrid Club such as Lancashire United or Lancashire County. The name is irrelevant. And presumably this new Club would be setting up in opposition to rather than in place of Blackburn Rovers or the phoenix club so you'd effectively be nailing your colours to the opposition mast.

It's not the same thing as groundshare which makes economic sense.

If FFP regulations affect a Club adversely, you have to roll up your sleeves and make the best out of a bad job, not take your bat and ball home.

What happens if Lancashire United subsequently don't do as well as you hoped on the pitch? Disband them and form North of England FC instead?

Fantastic post from a fan of another Lancashire town Club Sam Dingle on the subject, nothing more to be said on it really.

OK, here's one. We carry on exactly as we are, about to enjoy our 14th season in the top 2 divisions. With a wage bill which roughly matches our income. Bottom half championship, top half league one is about where we should be, as it is for you, PNE, Barnsley, Huddersfield etc. With some luck, good management and a couple of youth team crackers, we've managed to stay away from the drop.

That's ok for me. It seems for you, you can't see past the Premier League now. Everything else is rubbish. Watching Rovers is rubbish, the championship's rubbish, not being on the telly is rubbish.

Deal with it.

Lancashire United, as already said on here by the sane majority, is alive and well at Old Trafford. So pop your dummy back in, and get back to Ewood. The Fourth Division was fun in parts.

Here's to another 34 years...

Think it through Sam..... You'd be @#/? royally if the rest move without you. Well and truly up the creek M65 without a paddle.

YES PAFELL I WOULD NO LONGER WATCH FOOTY ,LIKE IVE SAID ID GO TO DENVER ONCE A YEAR INSTEAD.

You might Abbs but if they were playing that boring crap on my back lawn I'd draw the bloody curtains.

....... If any football fan was going to be logical about it then we'd all support Man Utd and be done with it.

But this is exactly what I am trying to avoid Bob! How else are we going to stop the creeping Red tide?

What happens if Lancashire United subsequently don't do as well as you hoped on the pitch? Disband them and form North of England FC instead?

A hypothetical 'glass half empty' type question Simon.

Lets try a half full one..... How about if they stormed the Prem as we did in 95? There really would be more chance of that than ever seeing any one of the existing town teams doing it thats for certain sure.

But this is exactly what I am trying to avoid Bob! How else are we going to stop the creeping Red tide?

We'll just have a agree to disagree on this one theno. What you're proposing would mean the end of BRFC. I don't ever want that and I don't think it'll come to that.

........ Even the colour of the home shirt would cause arguments.

Red

How else are we going to stop the creeping Red tide?

Do you actually think before you post? Arguing with you guys is like taking candy from a baby at times.

• Backroom

Well I do like lancashire crumbly cheese

I would rather we carry on as we are (well obviously not as we are but you know) but as a last resort after rovers were extinct I wouldn't be too adverse to it, whether I'd support it or not I doubt because I'm not sure I could forge a bond with the new team, I struggle enough to care about the national team.

I don't feel its something that would ever work realistically though, football is too tribal by nature for so many people to adopt a new team

I have hazy memories of playing a few games for these in the late 80s as a favour for my Blackburn Council Orphanage Cup team mate Pete Slinger while he was out injured.

I can't remember Pete playing for Blackburn Olympic but I remember well his halcyon days as a prolific scorer for Mullards and Ewood Amatuers.

Could we not put this whole concept to bed once and for all by turning it into a poll?

I suspect it will show a similar pattern to Falklanders voting to fall under Argentine sovereignty.

If that is established, then really there's nothing left to discuss on the issue.

Lancashire County would be an unloved @#/? child, with no heritage and nothing any supporter could feel any affinity with. Zero emotional content.

A hypothetical 'glass half empty' type question Simon.

Lets try a half full one..... How about if they stormed the Prem as we did in 95? There really would be more chance of that than ever seeing any one of the existing town teams doing it thats for certain sure.

It would have exactly the same impact and be of the same interest to me as City or United winning the League Gordon, absolutely none whatsoever.

Lets just remind ourselves what the traitorous elements on this board are suggesting.

brfcshirt_zps9833dfec.jpg

brfcground_zpsd95333c9.jpg

brfcbadge_zps8cc4de51.jpg

Don't be so melodramatic ES. In trying to whip up the mob you are behaving with unbelievable immaturity.

If it's a question of loyalty maybe I should remind people that I stated I was mistrustful of the Venky's from day one (and even before) whilst you slavishly grovelled and prostituted yourself before them for all you were worth and especially during your freebie 'elitist' Fans Forum trip to Pune whilst at the same time describing any fans who expressed disquiet and dismay over the Venky's tenure as 'tremblers'. To misquote George Orwell you obviously hold the opinion that "all fans are equal, but some fans are more equal than others". Most will know and realise that you sold your soul to the Devil on that trip and silly little digs like the one above will not endear yourself to the members on here. Try as you are doing you simply cannot re-write history.

btw To the best of my knowledge you still haven't admitted you @#/? up and that your judgement isn't worth a light 2 years on and after one relegation / possibly two and all the humiliation that has happened since. On that basis I can only assume that you are still a staunch supporter and defender of the Indian owners. If I am guilty of anything it is simply pragmatism. You ES are proven guilty of treachery and deception.

It would have exactly the same impact and be of the same interest to me as City or United winning the League Gordon, absolutely none whatsoever.

Be that as it may your location does suggests you have some pride in your county.

for 2 theno and stuart

against 50,000 plus fans of the clubs involved

:red_card:

no poll needed

Oh very droll. Another with a jibe but without an original thought on making top level football in this county a reallity.

How bad does it have to get before you change your opinion YB? Surely you are not one of the many who will simply take you bat and ball home and retire to your satellite sport should BRFC fold?

Archived