BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford v. Blackburn Rovers preview

So, Best is starting is vacations earlier. Haven't seen anything from him to see why he deserves to be a starter in the team.

Another poor game, no spirit or fight from the players. I think nuno gomes is to blame for the result today...

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Am I the only one pleased Best got himself sent off? He was been AWFUL since returning from injury and adds nothing to the team. I'd have CKR in ahead of him all day long. Hell, I'd probably put Goodwillie in ahead of Best at this point. I'm glad he won't be available for the next few games.

Don't despair despite the fact that the club is a mess from top to bottom.

You only need to see all other clubs' fixtures to see that 1 point will almost certainly see us safe - in fact, we might not need even that.

We will not go down and our new owners (post Venky's era) will sort out the mess in the summer.

Difficult but chill and have a bevvy or two tonight.

So, Best is starting is vacations earlier. Haven't seen anything from him to see why he deserves to be a starter in the team.

Another poor game, no spirit or fight from the players. I think nuno gomes is to blame for the result today...

i think you are for being portugeese ^_^

We will still stay up though. People here are too negative. Don't start getting angry until relegation is confirmed. Until then get behind the boys! :tu:

So you don't think what's happened so far this season is worth being angry about?

we looked reasonably solid in the first half but second half defending was a joke. Add to that the usual dross in midfield and a shocker from Jones in particular and we didn't force a save from the keeper.

Thankfully most of the sides around us didn't take advantage but its abundantly clear that if we do stay up a massive clearout or change of culture is needed with this team. I've rarely seen a team look so lacking in creativity as us this whole season

We will still stay up though. People here are too negative. Don't start getting angry until relegation is confirmed. Until then get behind the boys! :tu:

Deary me.

I suppose you'll be one of those who blame 'negative fans' if/when we go down.

Out of interest, which of our last three do you see us winning - if we just 'get behind the boys'?

Bolton storming into the playoffs. I really thought at the beginning of the season there would be no chance of them bouncing back up straight away but they now have a real chance. Just goes to show what can be achieved when you appoint a proper manager and don't have a farce of a board structure.

Said it when Kean went - wee Dougie was the man and as I understand it, he was on a list of Rovers' possibles !

Have you watched the last 2 1/2 seasons? If so what makes you optimistic?

Yes. Not been great, however we are better than the teams around us. The teams around us won't pick up many points. We have a game in hand.

So you don't think what's happened so far this season is worth being angry about?

Yeah, but no point getting angry over things you can't change.

Also, it's not like Zola had tons of managerial experience before this year

He had more than Bowyer. He was good at West Ham, unfairly sacked if I recall by joke owners.

Bolton storming into the playoffs. I really thought at the beginning of the season there would be no chance of them bouncing back up straight away but they now have a real chance. Just goes to show what can be achieved when you appoint a proper manager and don't have a farce of a board structure.

Yea, fair play to them. They've got the momentum now, I can see them going up. Also goes to show that if we had appointed a decent manager midway though the season, we could have also made the playoffs, seeing as they were behind us.

Deary me.

I suppose you'll be one of those who blame 'negative fans' if/when we go down.

Out of interest, which of our last three do you see us winning - if we just 'get behind the boys'?

I think we will draw with Millwall, draw or lose to Palace and beat Birmingham on the final day. Steve Kean 2011 v Wolves style.

He would have flopped here probably. Unless those three well known individuals get their P45's Rovers will never improve.

I keep hearing this and I really don't understand it.

Appleton was given free reign in January to clear out who he wanted and bring quite a few of his own players in. Why would Freedman have failed under the same circumstances? Appleton failled because his tactics were @#/? and most of his signings were @#/?, not because of anyone else.

Shebby, Shaw and Agnew aren't on the training pitch and aren't out on the field on a Saturday. A good manager can still be successful in spite of incompetent owners.

Archived