BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford v. Blackburn Rovers preview

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will still stay up though. People here are too negative. Don't start getting angry until relegation is confirmed. Until then get behind the boys! :tu:

Well done with that, I'm sure the anger will subside now :rolleyes:

Now excuse me while I find a noose.

Not seen the game, how the hell did we manage to lose that 4-0 after getting in at the interval 0-0?

Pathetic.

Perhaps we've seen why Givet shouldn't be and hasn't been playing today. At least Hanley and CKR are available for selection now.

Getting very concerned with Best. Is he really that bad, not interested for some reason, or struggling because of the after effects of his injury?

Not surprised about adverse reports on King, he's absolutely useless imo. Whenever he gets the ball I can never work out what he's trying to do. Like someone else said, Ferguson must be killing himself at having offloaded him.

At least other results didn't go too badly and we still have a slight cushion from the drop zone.

Well done with that, I'm sure the anger will subside now :rolleyes:

Now excuse me while I find a noose.

Positivism is a great trait to have. It helped Steve Kean alot. I'm sure if Steve Kean was still manager we would be in a better position as he would motivate and keep moral up better for the players.

Just back from the pub and this is the worst team performance I've seen. At least 8 players out there today are not worthy to wear the shirt ever again. yes is was that bad. Givet was taken off because he was complaining about the lack of effort. He was right.

One plus side, BEST WILL NOT PLAY AGAIN THIS SEASON.

Just back from the pub and this is the worst team performance I've seen. At least 8 players out there today are not worthy to wear the shirt ever again. yes is was that bad. Givet was taken off because he was complaining about the lack of effort. He was right.

The lads were saving themselves for Millwall match !!!

I think we will draw with Millwall, draw or lose to Palace and beat Birmingham on the final day. Steve Kean 2011 v Wolves style.

You say that like it's a good thing.

You don't think that the personnel at the time had something to do with that 'freak result'?

We don't even have Championship equivalents of half of those players.

Positivism is a great trait to have. It helped Steve Kean alot. I'm sure if Steve Kean was still manager we would be in a better position as he would motivate and keep moral up better for the players.

You sir are on a roll!

Now lay off the crystal meth before you do yourself some permanent damage.

I keep hearing this and I really don't understand it.

Appleton was given free reign in January to clear out who he wanted and bring quite a few of his own players in. Why would Freedman have failed under the same circumstances? Appleton failled because his tactics were @#/? and most of his signings were @#/?, not because of anyone else.

Shebby, Shaw and Agnew aren't on the training pitch and aren't out on the field on a Saturday. A good manager can still be successful in spite of incompetent owners.

Absolutely.

That word doesn't mean what you think it means.

But other people know what I mean.

Bolton storming into the playoffs. I really thought at the beginning of the season there would be no chance of them bouncing back up straight away but they now have a real chance. Just goes to show what can be achieved when you appoint a proper manager and don't have a farce of a board structure.

Bolton's revived form is due to them making a very good managerial appointment. They were struggling as badly if not worse than us before they appointed Friedman (who credit to him Mercerman picked out) whilst we appointed Appleton who imo must take the majority of the responsibility for the position we are in and the state the team is in now.

You say a lot of things after.. Venkys gone yet ? Bet still stands

Well if you've nothing better to do, you could revisit my posts at the time !

They aint gone yet but I honestly don't think it will be too long now and it would be unfair to take your money.

FFS

You need a new battery for your sarcasm detector !!!

Appleton was given free reign in January to clear out who he wanted and bring quite a few of his own players in. Why would Freedman have failed under the same circumstances? Appleton failled because his tactics were @#/? and most of his signings were @#/?, not because of anyone else.

Shebby, Shaw and Agnew aren't on the training pitch and aren't out on the field on a Saturday. A good manager can still be successful in spite of incompetent owners.

Spot on Le C.

At the end of the day your right a good manager could work around those fools. However we keep appointing managers who make Steve Kean look good, I can't help but think Voldermorts pulling the strings behind the scenes to make SK look good so he can get another job and they can go rape that club dry as well.

Stupid Best. Sent off for a headbutt in the last minute. Why didn't he wait 'til they were in the tunnel?

Having seen Best's displays so far, where he gives the impression that he couldn't give a to$$ about his performance, I wouldn't be supprised if he didn't get sent off intentionally.

You can still get a red card in the tunnel and I think even in the dressing room.

Getting very concerned with Best. Is he really that bad, not interested for some reason, or struggling because of the after effects of his injury?

Not surprised about adverse reports on King, he's absolutely useless imo. Whenever he gets the ball I can never work out what he's trying to do.

Best has been shocking. It doesn't help that he and Rhodes are a completely unnatural partnership. Neither of them create for the other so they're so easy to play against.

King suffers because he's not a wide player in a 4-4-2. He's not the sort of player that runs the channel and gets crosses in. 4-4-2 forces him to be 20-30 yards deeper than he wants to be, so he's so easy to defend against. If he were further forward when picking up the ball, he could run straight at defenders on an angle and be a threat on either side (either pace round the back to get into the area, or cut inside to have a shot). When he receives the ball 50/60 yards from goal he doesn't threaten anything.

• Backroom

Best hasn't yet looked fully match fit so its a good thing we can write his season off and see what he can offer next year with a full pre season if we stay up

Not seen the game, how the hell did we manage to lose that 4-0 after getting in at the interval 0-0?

Pathetic.

Perhaps we've seen why Givet shouldn't be and hasn't been playing today. At least Hanley and CKR are available for selection now.

Not surprised about adverse reports on King, he's absolutely useless imo. Whenever he gets the ball I can never work out what he's trying to do. Like someone else said, Ferguson must be killing himself at having offloaded him.

At least other results didn't go too badly and we still have a slight cushion from the drop zone.

Header from Rhodes over the top plus we had 2 other shots at goal throughout the 90 minutes. Thats about it because in the second half even the commentator questioned Rovers commitment.

Don't knock Givet, he was frustrated at his teams lack luster so they took him off. As for King, hope he doesn't turn up next season.

Gary Megson was at the game.

You say that like it's a good thing.

You don't think that the personnel at the time had something to do with that 'freak result'?

We don't even have Championship equivalents of half of those players.

I will always remember that game. It was my favorite ever away game I have been too! I loved it, it was a great day out and a great experience!

The only problem was, all the goals were at the other end to where I was stood. You also have to thank Venkys for the reduced ticket prices and free £10 worth of food!

It wasn't a freak result, we would have won, but to win it that style was awesome.

We still have great player, Givet, Pedersen, Rhodes, Dunn, Olsson...

But according to reports Givet was responsible for two of the goals conceded? That won't do anything for team morale then.

• Moderation Lead

Header from Rhodes over the top plus we had 2 other shots at goal throughout the 90 minutes. Thats about it because in the second half even the commentator questioned Rovers commitment.

Don't knock Givet, he was frustrated at his teams lack luster so they took him off. As for King, hope he doesn't turn up next season.

Gary Megson was at the game.

So was Peter Taylor (sat with Tim Sherwood)...

Archived