BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Watford v. Blackburn Rovers preview

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back and I'm still scratching my head to try and understand why we looked quite solid, kept our shape and generally did the right things in the first half and did the complete opposite in the second half. Bowyers use of Best on the right in the first half surprised me as he just doesn't have the discipline or desire to track back. In the second half he was the worst of a very bad bunch. I can't honestly remember seeing a more ineffectual performance from a Rovers player. We actually cheered when he was sent off.

I am normally a glass half full man where Rovers are concerned but on the evidence of the second half I can't see us getting any more points.

Writing was on the wall prior to half- time though eh? Aimless balls lofted up-front, losing possession, ball constantly in our half, corner after corner? We are not in the same league as a top 6 side and that's about to become official.

Why do you say I'm a Dingle? Just because I didn't mind Kean? Thats very narrow minded of you.

I cannot believe you're all rising to this.

FFS Turkish, either post something sensible or just feck off.

We ROVERS fans are hurting enough already without being wound up by inane comments.

Turkish, What's your degree course in, is it vocational? is it geared to a career?

If its either of the above, you should have more sense, if it's not then it figures. Best of luck in the real world along with thousands of others with similar qualifications that in reality mean @#/? all.

• Backroom

Leave the turkishdelight alone guys. Yes he appears to have a few brain cells missing when talking about kean but you're overdoing the cynicism here. By the law of averages there's bound to be one fan out of many thousands that 'didn't mind kean'.

It's less inane than the knobheads who regularly try to 'start summat' outside Ewood.

Leave the turkishdelight alone guys. Yes he appears to have a few brain cells missing when talking about kean but you're overdoing the cynicism here. By the law of averages there's bound to be one fan out of many thousands that 'didn't mind kean'.

It's less inane than the knobheads who regularly try to 'start summat' outside Ewood.

Mike just tell me that we are @#/? please

• Backroom

Just removed 50 posts bickering about whether some randomer is a rovers fan or a dingle in disguise completely engulfing and hiding good posts about the game like from ParsonBlue above

A lot of us said wee Dougie the man. Infinitely better than Holloway.

Today we drove to Watford. Great turnout from our fans. Surely 2k. In full voice, singing the Givet song. Given this support, the players were a disgrace. And the fans were furious with the players. Best and King stood out as the worst. Prob only Williamson scraped a 5. Best and King (and Dunn) left Olsson and Kane totally exposed. Watford not only pressed up the pitch, but their technique was so much better than our players. They ran off the ball and passed. Dann was pants. What a crap captain, naming himself to shoot from indirect free kick. Dunn kept giving ball away in dangerous places. Olsson so bad he thinks it's a success to give away a corner when opposition crosses. We only had one corner all game. Best has big biceps but that's about all. Can't run, can't jump, won't tackle, can't score, no technique. Spineless. But maybe worse was lack of quality. How could Appleton have dumped our by far most creative player. Maybe a proper manager - if we stay up - could tempt him back next year. Worst of all though was how badly the players let down the fans.

Today we drove to Watford. Great turnout from our fans. Surely 2k. In full voice, singing the Givet song. Given this support, the players were a disgrace. And the fans were furious with the players. Best and King stood out as the worst. Prob only Williamson scraped a 5. Best and King (and Dunn) left Olsson and Kane totally exposed. Watford not only pressed up the pitch, but their technique was so much better than our players. They ran off the ball and passed. Dann was pants. What a crap captain, naming himself to shoot from indirect free kick. Dunn kept giving ball away in dangerous places. Olsson so bad he thinks it's a success to give away a corner when opposition crosses. We only had one corner all game. Best has big biceps but that's about all. Can't run, can't jump, won't tackle, can't score, no technique. Spineless. But maybe worse was lack of quality. How could Appleton have dumped our by far most creative player. Maybe a proper manager - if we stay up - could tempt him back next year. Worst of all though was how badly the players let down the fans.

2k ? Try 750.

Thought the lack of right winger didnt help today along with the team not seemingly being supportive of one another which seemed clearly evident that it was easy to score against without the Watford team having to burst a gut to do so.

As for Rekik and Best how bad did these two look today along with Jones during that second half.

I can't believe that Boywer brought Rekik on as a centre back ahead of Bradley Orr. Orr isn't the greatest by any stretch of the imagination but he would have put a foot and has some fire in his belly which is more than any others have. We should have kept the yellow kit from last season because that is the colour that sums up so many of our players.

Last season I saw two promising young centre backs play for the Youth Team and I was really impressed. I actually thought that we have two Phil Jones' in the making. Instead we have a useless, immobile excuse for a footballer on loan and he will be costing us a lot of money. In a similar vein where is Bentley?

wee Dougie is working miracles down the other end of the 666. I wonder how many Bolton based Rovers fans will be watching them next season,it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I know a few and their coats are turning already

Archived