BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

Simple facts of the matter are you need to get out more, whats said on here counts for less than 1% of the popluar support, and .5% of those are taking the ######, have you ever thought of joining a book club or the local YMCA?

I'll stick my head out on this one and admit that I was one of the many that were happy when Allardyce got the sack. However, where I feel Theno is missing the point is, the fact we were not happy with the replacement. Nobody, besides Andy Cole, envisaged the future activities at our club.

Getting rid of Allardyce in my view was the correct decision by Venky's. Replacing him with Kean, was not.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll stick my head out on this one and admit that I was one of the many that were happy when Allardyce got the sack. However, where I feel Theno is missing the point is, the fact we were not happy with the replacement. Nobody, besides Andy Cole, envisaged the future activities at our club.

Getting rid of Allardyce in my view was the correct decision by Venky's. Replacing him with Kean, was not.

The timing was ridiculous. If they wanted to replace him ( even with a proper manager ) they should've waited until the Summer.

The timing was ridiculous. If they wanted to replace him ( even with a proper manager ) they should've waited until the Summer.

Had we replaced Allardyce with a more competant manager, then the sacking in December would have been fine. That would have allowed the new man in charge to see out the remainder of the season and then make any additions he needed in the summer. It would have given the new manager time to settle into the club and at the same time, assess the players that he had at his disposal.

But what Theno and others (myself included) always go back to is 'why sack him at all?' Why on earth would you sack a manager who had done so much in such little time and on a shoestring? There was no rhyme or reason to it, possibly except Gavs complaints of a cricked neck. Which in the grand scheme of things, I didn't give a ###### about.

The night Allardyce was sacked I said we would go down, it turned out I was a year premature on my prediction, but even so, if we could all see the writing on the wall, why couldn't the ones who posted on here so jubilantly about the 'fat slug' getting what he deserved. So shortsighted it was incredible

Indeed jimmy, I had a half dozen calls that night, all saying, 'we'll pay for this'.

As den says, unreal that fans would STILL sack a manager who had us top half in the PL, epsecially knowing that Venky's try and do things on the cheap.

ps mods delete these posts if you like, as another thread will get derailed.

Why would any owner take such a stupid and unnecessary risk? Unless they had motives not directly connected with football of course.

Any fan who agreed with that sacking knows nothing about football. The chances of us getting someone else who could see us prosper on a shoestring was so remote.

I'd half kind of accept Venkys admitting their grievous error and putting a decent manager in place - but do you honestly think Mick McCarthy or someone of that standing would countenance being told how to do his job by Shebby?

Everyone's viewing this so straight forward and I don't think it is. If Mick McCarthy or someone of that standing got given the job he'd probably be allowed to do the job unhindered. Kean is not of that standard and is on a thin thread so Singh's been brought in to keep an eye on him. This is another reason why I believe that if Singh eventually gets his way, Kean will be out. At the moment it appears he's trying to make the best of a bad situation and part of that is keeping Kean in check and trying to stop him from making any more poor decisions that will cost the club money.

Also, another thing. We made a move for Mackie, or rather someone did. When Singh came in he told us the club hadn't made an official bid. He wasn't very happy with it at all. Odd? Yes it is, and if you were running a club you'd want to put a stop to whoever it was that was making moves for players without asking the relevant people at the club first. Hughes, Dalglish, Souness, etc, they all had to run it by the owners/board before bidding for someone.

This is how I see it. Shebby Singh knows that Kean isn't up to it. Mrs Desai doesn't want to pay Kean compensation believing at a lower level he may be more successful so wants to give him a chance to prove if that's the case. Singh is waiting for Kean to slip up to force her hand.

But what Theno and others (myself included) always go back to is 'why sack him at all?' Why on earth would you sack a manager who had done so much in such little time and on a shoestring? There was no rhyme or reason to it, possibly except Gavs complaints of a cricked neck. Which in the grand scheme of things, I didn't give a ###### about.

The night Allardyce was sacked I said we would go down, it turned out I was a year premature on my prediction, but even so, if we could all see the writing on the wall, why couldn't the ones who posted on here so jubilantly about the 'fat slug' getting what he deserved. So shortsighted it was incredible

Don't want to derail this thread it looks well and truly like old ground but new owners wrongly or rightly change managers when they take over. Look at Nottingham Forest in the very recent times, for the record I agree that sacking Sam was a major mess up and one of the biggest reasons the club is now in ruins but if a Mark Hughes or Tony Pulis had been appointed would this still be a topic of discussion? What is unprecedented about our current ownership is that they have stuck with a failing manager with no record or experience to look back upon, if the reasons for these actions were football related we could discuss Sam but clearly the motivation was not to do with the beautiful game.

Bringing it back to Shebby on BBC Lancashire he talked about being a fan of Spurs and about his feelings when Harry left and the emotional attachment. Its amazing that he cannot see (or want to admit he sees) the similarities of club loyalties. If AVB is having his picture taken with happy Arsenal fans as Spurs head for relegation I'm sure he will be publicly supportive of giving him a clean slate at the point of no return.

So they can buy the likes of Best, pay Murphy 50 grand a week and fly over half of Portugal but they can't scrape together the compensation for someone they needlessly gave a new contract to while in the relegation zone?

Don't think so.

Don't think he's on a thin line either...if anything, his position is stronger now with Agnew there than ever before.

He's obviously doing something the owners like. Doing it very well an' all, it appears.

Anyone who knows owt about football could see it. In fact I was so sure Rovers would be relegated when Sam was sacked I went and stuck some money on it - thank you Venky's and Steve Kean. Doesn't make me feel any better about subsequent events but at least I had a nice Costa holiday. As for Sam, he's laughing all the way to the bank after his payoff and looking forward to life back in the Premier League. Good luck to him.

So they can buy the likes of Best, pay Murphy 50 grand a week and fly over half of Portugal but they can't scrape together the compensation for someone they needlessly gave a new contract to while in the relegation zone?

Don't think so.

Don't think he's on a thin line either...if anything, his position is stronger now with Agnew there than ever before.

He's obviously doing something the owners like. Doing it very well an' all, it appears.

That`s the thing though ,Agnew isn`t running the club Shebby is.Agnew basically is an administrator as was the previous guys (Hunt etc.) Whereas Kean had a free reign before, Shebby seems to have made him pretty much toothless. From all the feedback we are getting Kean runs the team with an input into signings etc. but Shebby has to give the nod.That`s why there seems to be a few at Ewood throwing their toys out at his appointment.

But Venky's never were going to appoint someone decent, so it's all a moot point.

Also booth, you keep saying Kean is on a 'thin thread', says who? Singh?

I suspect Singh does, but actually those were my words. I believe he's on a thin thread and if he screws up in the Championship he'll be out of the job. I strongly believe that Kean not being sacked yet is purely to do with money and not wanting to compensate him. That is unless it'd cost them more to keep him in the job.

Don't think so.

It's not about scraping it together, they just don't want to give him the cash (in my opinion) when he could be a better manager in a poorer league. You can bet that they've been told that Coyle and Holloway couldn't keep their teams in the PL but got clubs promoted.

His position isn't stronger, if it was they wouldn't have brought Singh in at all. From what I've been told in DM's from journo's on Twitter, Kean and Agnew were very unhappy about Shebby's arrival and Agnew's job change.

Put it this way if any other person had spoken the way Singh has, in the last 18 months, he'd have been out.

Anyone who knows owt about football could see it. In fact I was so sure Rovers would be relegated when Sam was sacked I went and stuck some money on it - thank you Venky's and Steve Kean. Doesn't make me feel any better about subsequent events but at least I had a nice Costa holiday. As for Sam, he's laughing all the way to the bank after his payoff and looking forward to life back in the Premier League. Good luck to him.

Only pond life back against their team. It's not done .

Has Singh or anybody considered the timing re: the transfer window in all this 5 games malarky? If he's intending to sack Kean then he must not give him any money to spend, whilst 5 matches through to January is a long haul for a new manager to have to work with a squad of players he might not rate.

I seem to rem numerous empty gobshytes on here saying that the slumdog millionaires were right to sack Allardyce when they did before he could spend any money in the transfer window. :angry2: Every day I curse the stupidity of Ewoods army of know nowts.

Calling 50%+ of rovers fans Gobshytes because they dont share your opinoin of sam allardyce, nice guy you are!

totally agree, nobody(other than A Cole as you mentioned) could have seen how extremely and consistently wrong every other decision after sacking SAM would be.

totally agree, nobody(other than A Cole as you mentioned) could have seen how extremely and consistently wrong every other decision after sacking SAM would be.

but plenty realised there was only one way we would be going - and it couldn't possibly be up could it. Pretty obvious we could only go one way.

Archived