BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Shebby Singh

waggy

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I would say is that he infers that it was Shebby's decision to put Rosado, who it appears dan clough has never heard of on the bench. Now I'm pretty sure Rosado was captain of Portugal Under 21's and also was linked to some of the major clubs throughout Europe. It seems a strange thing to use as evidence of Shebby picking the team.

I'd probably be inclined to give rosado a run, he can't be any worse than the midfielders playing at present.

I think it was pretty damn obvious that Shebby wanted a 'puppet' manager.

Sherwood, McKinlay, Berg... He wanted someone with relative inexperience who would be grateful for the opportunity and use their old boy status to appease the fans. Shebby (and by extension Venky's, which is where all problems begin and end) are taking everyone for mugs. Could you honestly see Souey, Hughes or Allardyce allowing a Malaysian nobody to discuss players and tactics to the fans? Really?

He could be telling the truth when he says he doesn't pick the team but that doesn't mean someone else doesn't and he is just advising the manager of someone else's wishes. That would seem to be his role after all, for me most of these daft things go far far deeper than him, all the way back to Pune/Zurich and whoever else's greasy mitts are in the pie !

I wouldn't read too much into anything that Clough writes, he's simply a fan writing a fan's opinion.

He doesn't have any sources or inside info and often gets things very, very wrong (read back through some old entries).

Sherwood, McKinlay, Berg... He wanted someone with relative inexperience who would be grateful for the opportunity and use their old boy status to appease the fans. Shebby (and by extension Venky's, which is where all problems begin and end) are taking everyone for mugs. Could you honestly see Souey, Hughes or Allardyce allowing a Malaysian nobody to discuss players and tactics to the fans? Really?

Spot on.

I know a lot of these little fans groups have regular contact with Shebby and hold meetings with him, but if nobody can trust or believe a word that comes from his mouth, what is the point of having 'dialogue' with him?

Apparently Singh recently asked a fan 'what can we do to make you trust us?'.

Well, Shebby, here's your answer: move heaven and earth to bring John Williams back to the club. Then, once appointed, give him complete authority over everything in the UK with regards to Rovers. Let him sack and appoint as he sees fit and back him unequivocally financially.

The fans will return and we will see a dramatic upturn in results, which will in effect mean more money for your bosses in Pune.

• Backroom

Correct. Any manager with any real clout would tell Shebby to feck off and go back to Malaysian punditry.

In fact, that's probably exactly what Ian Holloway did in his supposedly rather interesting interview.

If you think Berg and Sherwood would be puppet for him then he is sadly mistake. Berg and Sherwood are their own man and will NOT be told what to do.

The one thing I would say is that he infers that it was Shebby's decision to put Rosado, who it appears dan clough has never heard of on the bench. Now I'm pretty sure Rosado was captain of Portugal Under 21's and also was linked to some of the major clubs throughout Europe. It seems a strange thing to use as evidence of Shebby picking the team.

I'd probably be inclined to give rosado a run, he can't be any worse than the midfielders playing at present.

Rosado played in Berg's second game when he came of the bench against Huddersfield town.

Also he was on the bench against Blackpool. But we had Formica, Murphy, Gomes and Nunes out of the game due to being injured.

Rosado also has done well in the reserves recently.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Athlete" data-cid="1350192" data-time="1355863287"><p>

Sherwood turned it down after when he asked for full control of team affairs when he eventually met the owners and was told no... :(</p></blockquote>

Who told you that Athers?

I was more referring to the assumption that Berg would not tolerate interference. He has ZERO credibility after making the comments he did about the clubs administration then retracting them for a big fat contract and the chance to get out of the obscurity he was destined to remain in. Even Bury didn't deem him worthy of half a glance.

Whether he is a man to put up with interference nobody knows. I don't know and niether does Chaddy. All we do know is what is in the public domain regarding his backtrack for cash

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Athlete" data-cid="1350192" data-time="1355863287"><p>

Sherwood turned it down after when he asked for full control of team affairs when he eventually met the owners and was told no... :(</p></blockquote>

Who told you that Athers?

someone connected at WHL :glare:

Rubbish

thats what you think Gav TS spent 2 days up here back in October , he is highly rated @ WHL but is after a crack at management + with his own management team..the Levy thing was a smokescreen he wouldn't have stood in his way

someone connected at WHL :glare:

Well they're not that connected because they're completely wrong, and I suspect your motives here, because you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

He never came because we wouldn't pay Levys compensation package and Tim felt loyalty towards his current employers, a rare thing in modern day football I know, but bang on the money.

It's rubbish though, Gav said so ^_^

And the biggest c0ck award for 2012 goes to Blue and white army, congratulations :tu:

It's rubbish though, Gav said so ^_^

My take on Berg taking the gig despite his previous comments regarding Venkys are Henning was approached way down the pecking order when Shabster Singh was running out of ideas of who he could possibly control ( after the McKinley debargo )..Henning took a look at were Rovers were in the league the squad , etc and thought I could put up with some outside influence as long as it didnt affect the playing side too much as he thought he could succeed but it isn't working out that way and theres too much interference or other factors at work or the players aren't as good as he envisaged.......

or maybe I could be wrong and theres no interference just that he is tactically out his depth :wacko:

Well they're not that connected because they're completely wrong, and I suspect your motives here, because you couldn't be more wrong if you tried.

He never came because we wouldn't pay Levys compensation package and Tim felt loyalty towards his current employers, a rare thing in modern day football I know, but bang on the money.

And the biggest c0ck award for 2012 goes to Blue and white army, congratulations :tu:

Gav think we'll have to agree to disagree on this one as my connections say different TS was defo going to come if he was guaranteed full control of 1st team affairs including incomings and out goings..Levy wouldn't have stood in his way

Astonished the Dan Clough article is not generating more attention.

Why would it exactly? Don't make an issue out of nothing. Like his predecessors (and like most on here) he's just an ordinary fan giving his views based on nothing more than his own assumptions. RevBlue, LDRover and John Myles have all done the same. I even rem Rev did a bit too much straight talking, overstepped John Williams mark and made an enemy of him and was 'disposed' of with unseemly haste. Keen fans certainly but hardly itk ers the lot of them.

Archived