BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Mercerman So do u always bet on your team players leaving?? Do u bet on rovers losing games too??

Would it make a difference if he did? I've bet on rovers losing before as a bit of a pick me up in case we do get beat

Wigan will know what remuneration is required.

It is how you deliver it that is the clever bit without making your pay structure indefensible.

Expect a 'golden hello', loyalty payments and a 'golden handshake' etc all to figure. Similar mechanisms are commonly used in complex business contracts and help mask the true cost of goods and services.

Rest assured that if Rhodes goes, he will not be worse off financially.

If Rhodes went there and was on the same or better financial package as he is now, then ill show my ass at the town hall at 5pm.

You're a very clever man, if Rhodes went you would be rubbing it in how right you were and thinking of a figure to make up (from your mysterious betting patterns) if he stayed then you wouldnt get much stick, because most fans would forget about what you've said, because they'd be so happy that he is still a rover.

Mercerman So do u always bet on your team players leaving?? Do u bet on rovers losing games too??

Look, I like a flutter and it just adds a bit of interest. Have bet both on and against Rovers - doesn't really matter as I can't influence the outcome.

I only bet 'seriously' when I think that I have a very good chance of winning, usually with a bit of information picked-up along the way and I bet for 'fun' with small / modest stakes when I get a 'gut feeling'.

If Rhodes went there and was on the same or better financial package as he is now, then ill show my ass at the town hall at 5pm.

You're a very clever man, if Rhodes went you would be rubbing it in how right you were and thinking of a figure to make up (from your mysterious betting patterns) if he stayed then you wouldnt get much stick, because most fans would forget about what you've said, because they'd be so happy that he is still a rover.

It is going to be a very long day and at the end of it, I hope Rhodes is still a Rovers' player. If he is, I would expect a bit of stick, hopefully, friendly though.

So sorry that you seem to be intellectually challenged.

Anyhow, don't feel bad - a lot of people have no talent!

He just questioned the validity of your argument, but as usual you resort to petty insults. It's a good job a few of the mods on here like you or you'd be rightfully banned.

Wigan will know what remuneration is required.

It is how you deliver it that is the clever bit without making your pay structure indefensible.

Expect a 'golden hello', loyalty payments and a 'golden handshake' etc all to figure. Similar mechanisms are commonly used in complex business contracts and help mask the true cost of goods and services.

Rest assured that if Rhodes goes, he will not be worse off financially.

Comedy gold as usual Swiss Tony (respect to PatrickValery). I'm surprised you missed the 'golden handcuffs' though.

Selling a footballer to Wigan is very much like making love to a beautiful woman etc etc

A question for Kamy: How much does a clubs facilities (i.e. where they train, stadium etc) come into it as a "pull" when a player moves? Pardon my english, but I hope you understand what I mean. Is it all about the money? I don't know much about Wigan, but I've read several players who have come to Rovers or gone to a big club saying they were very happy to move because of their better facilities. Not always players who are guaranteed to play every game and make big-money-transfers, but those that sometimes go under the radar. Does Wigan have better or worse facilities than Rovers?

Let me refrase that: Do you think Rhodes would move to a club with worse facilities, but slightly better chances to get promoted with a slight raise in pay?

I really hope Rhodes stays!

He just questioned the validity of your argument, but as usual you resort to petty insults. It's a good job a few of the mods on here like you or you'd be rightfully banned.

Hey listen, I suggested last week that you and I stopped trading all this sort of stuff as folk on this MB have got tired and bored with it. I'll keep my side of the bargain, please try and keep yours.

Hey listen, I suggested last week that you and I stopped trading all this sort of stuff as folk on this MB have got tired and bored with it. I'll keep my side of the bargain, please try and keep yours.

I'll mention it then... You get away with consistently talking to other people in a manner which would have them banned. You deserve the ribbings that you get, politely put or not.

hey listen, i don't remember agreeing to anything. you must be making stuff up again. i just pointed out you were insulting people again. you won't get banned though, you're special.

Willbraham is truly terrible

I'd much rather recall goodwillie or Forrester

21 appearances in this league last season - zero goals

On a reassuring note....... It is Nixon.

We do need another striker though. I don't think Rhodes is going anywhere today but nevertheless we're still only an injury from him away to a potential striking crisis imo.

Alan Nixon @reluctantnicko Protected account 1m

Blackburn Rovers are trying to snap up far-travelled Aaron Wilbraham on loan from Crystal Palace. Bowyer wants a target man on a budget ...

A target man? Isn't that what Leon Best is for or is he being dumped as well?

A target man? Isn't that what Leon Best is for or is he being dumped as well?

Palace still after a striker. Might be able to get some money + Wilbraham for Best.

On another note I see Whelan has come out this morning and said unlikely that anyone else will be coming in to them before the deadline.

I think if any funds are made available then we should make an offer for Cairney now. The kid has been excellent since he's joined (apart from the red card) and compliments Evans or/ and Lowe very well with his creativity.

Any other signings needed can then be on loan, although the rumour of Wilbraham is a strange one. Would rather have someone like Fryatt or Becchio.

• Backroom

I think if any funds are made available then we should make an offer for Cairney now. The kid has been excellent since he's joined (apart from the red card) and compliments Evans or/ and Lowe very well with his creativity.

Any other signings needed can then be on loan, although the rumour of Wilbraham is a strange one. Would rather have someone like Fryatt or Becchio.

If you loan a player then try and sign him straight away the selling club is going to vastly increase his price

Archived