BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

No mate. Centre back by trade but most of his appearances have been at right back. Bit like Kolo Toure when he started out at Arsenal, Richards at City, Jones / Smalling at Utd, etc.

On the bench today vs Man Utd but do think Liverpool are well stock at the back. Cissokho / Enrique at left back, Johnson at right back & Skrtel, Agger and 2 new signings expected (Sakho & Ilori) at centre back. Must be worth a cheeky bid.

Surprisingly he made 7 apps last season (wiki). Have Pool not signing Ilori (good signing), you never know once the window closes he might be willing on a jan loan but I'd be surprised if he wanted to come here.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i get the feeling cairney would like to make his loan permanent judging by some of his retweets. he reminds me of carrick with the way he plays. always looks around for a pass when the ball is coming to him. this lad would be a massive signing for us. still suprised hull where willing to let him go

i do like spurr and he is a PROPER full back, but you can see he has limitations, he doesn`t have any tricks to beat a man going forward, very similar to emerton to me..

Spurr will be our new left sided John Curtis(ever present and 100% reliable, for as long as where in this league)

i get the feeling cairney would like to make his loan permanent judging by some of his retweets. he reminds me of carrick with the way he plays. always looks around for a pass when the ball is coming to him. this lad would be a massive signing for us. still suprised hull where willing to let him go

obviously we are a better all around club than Hull, but given the choice i'm sure playing in the prem would take priority everytime

You could see Bruce making a cheeky offer for Rhodes of say £5.5m (pays off Hudders) plus Cairney (valued at an OTT £2m) plus Rhodes add ons of say £2m. Gets you close to the 'mythical' £10m !

They would be silly not to try.

You could see Bruce making a cheeky offer for Rhodes of say £5.5m (pays off Hudders) plus Cairney (valued at an OTT £2m) plus Rhodes add ons of say £2m. Gets you close to the 'mythical' £10m !

Mythical is a good way to describe your thinking sometimes :)

We already have Dann, Hanley, kilgallon, and songo - if we are bringing in another then one must be on their way. Also, Kilgallon hasn't come here to sit on the bench and was in anticipation of Dann leaving. Dann wants out, is on high wages, and could command a decent transfer fee so would make sense for him to move.

Shola ameobi is apparently the loan striker.

Mythical is a good way to describe your thinking sometimes :)

Hey, Bruce has already said Hull want a striker, have already enquired about JR, knows we like Cairney and has made impression, what do you think he is likely to try and do ?

You never give up do you? Lol.

Take it Hull are the subject of your other bet!

You never give up do you? Lol.

Take it Hull are the subject of your other bet!

No they aren't.

If you were Bruce, however, you would try and play that hand with Cairney in as an ace.

Think tomorrow will be bedlam all round not least at Ewood.

Archived