BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Backroom

Tugay as well, his mind meant he was always a step ahead and he hardly moved about with great intensity. I wonder if he had a half-time fag????

While I understand the point, Tomlin is no Tugay haha

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I understand the point, Tomlin is no Tugay haha

How dare you mention Tugay and Tomlin in the same sentence ....... stand and face the wall and think about what you've just done, when your sorry you can re-join the group

Tomlin is the Gazza of the lower leagues. He is a very very talented player and i would welcome him at Ewood with open arms. We would finally have a midfield and team fit for the top 6 of this league.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Marshall Crainey Tomlin King

Judge

Rhodes

Tomlin's best position is behind the striker or on the right side of midfield definitely not centre midfield, he was a right winger at Rushden and Diamonds in the conference and has played there for Posh but is more often than not played just behind the striker. Yes Tomlin looks chubby but that does not affect his fitness, he looks trimmer this season than he has in the past. I originate from Peterborough and most of my mates are Posh season ticket holders

Judging from Bowyer's comments in the LT today it appears he wants a striker and a couple of loans.

Best will be sold if a buyer can be found. Nunes will possibly go out on loan. Orr will be paid off. May be a last ditch bid for either Dann or Rhodes. Olsson will possibly be sold as well if a buyer is found.

Still plenty that can happen before the window shuts.

Do think we need another striker. Don't need any more central midfielders. Still think we need a player that can play behind the striker - Tomlin or a loan player from Man Utd could be ideal. Dunn cannot play week in, week out and Marshall/Judge are wingers by trade.

We have enough players now to be honest, we can always use the loan market if we have a spate of injuries.

Keepers:

Kean, Eastwood, Robinson.

Right backs:

Kane, Henley.

Left backs:

Spurr, Morris

Centre backs:

Hanley, Kilgallon, Dann, Songo'o

Central midfield:

Cairney, Evans, Williamson, Lowe, Marrow, O'Sullivan, Etuhu.

Wingers/Attacking midfielders:

Dunn, Rochina, Marshall, Judge, King, Taylor.

Strikers:

Rhodes, Campbell, Best.

Thats more than enough players, I would be happy for Etuhu and Robinson to go, I would be happy to see Nunes go out on loan and then we have players like Orr, Markus Olsson and Bruno who I would be happy to see go. We should only bring in players if some of the above squad leaves, for example Dann, Rhodes or Best, then replace them. Maybe get Jesse Lingard on loan to cover Rochinas injury and Dunn's injury proneness.

Judging from Bowyer's comments in the LT today it appears he wants a striker and a couple of loans.

Best will be sold if a buyer can be found. Nunes will possibly go out on loan. Orr will be paid off. May be a last ditch bid for either Dann or Rhodes. Olsson will possibly be sold as well if a buyer is found.

Still plenty that can happen before the window shuts.

Do think we need another striker. Don't need any more central midfielders. Still think we need a player that can play behind the striker - Tomlin or a loan player from Man Utd could be ideal. Dunn cannot play week in, week out and Marshall/Judge are wingers by trade.

I think we may buy a striker and loan one with one eye on shipping best out...leaving us with Rhodes (please god), DJ, Perm signing and a loanee as forwards...

We have enough players now to be honest, we can always use the loan market if we have a spate of injuries.

Keepers:

Kean, Eastwood, Robinson.

Right backs:

Kane, Henley.

Left backs:

Spurr, Morris

Centre backs:

Hanley, Kilgallon, Dann, Songo'o

Central midfield:

Cairney, Evans, Williamson, Lowe, Marrow, O'Sullivan, Etuhu.

Wingers/Attacking midfielders:

Dunn, Rochina, Marshall, Judge, King, Taylor.

Strikers:

Rhodes, Campbell, Best.

Thats more than enough players, I would be happy for Etuhu and Robinson to go, I would be happy to see Nunes go out on loan and then we have players like Orr, Markus Olsson and Bruno who I would be happy to see go. We should only bring in players if some of the above squad leaves, for example Dann, Rhodes or Best, then replace them. Maybe get Jesse Lingard on loan to cover Rochinas injury and Dunn's injury proneness.

we don't need another number 10 player in Lingard when Rovers have got Dunn, Judge, Marshall who can play there.

I think that leave like Marcus, Orr, and maybe Best with us signing a loan striker to replace him.

Think Etuhu might leave aswell

I think we may buy a striker and loan one with one eye on shipping best out...leaving us with Rhodes (please god), DJ, Perm signing and a loanee as forwards...

who is the striker we are looking at to buy? maybe Wells but would cost too much.

we don't need another number 10 player in Lingard when Rovers have got Dunn, Judge, Marshall who can play there.

I think that leave like Marcus, Orr, and maybe Best with us signing a loan striker to replace him.

Think Etuhu might leave aswell

who is the striker we are looking at to buy? maybe Wells but would cost too much.

Not sure mate by the sounds of it they're looking at loads...Fryatt maybe? Maynard? Sharp?

Think we'll prob know by Sunday who they've chosen...I'll guess at Matty Fryatt. Certainly think it'll be a target man type who can lead the line..

Not sure mate by the sounds of it they're looking at loads...Fryatt maybe? Maynard? Sharp?

Think we'll prob know by Sunday who they've chosen...I'll guess at Matty Fryatt. Certainly think it'll be a target man type who can lead the line..

Isn't Maynard an ex Crewe player? Through Terry McPhillips' connections (I think) we seem to have been linked with a lot of these.

Just wondering if this Fryatt guy is any relation to the Jim Fryatt we had as a CF for a couple of seasons in the late 60's?

He was no footballer, but his heading ability was phenominal! I've never seen anything like it before or since. Jim could head a ball with more force and direction than some can kick it these days. What a character! :wacko:

Just wondering if this Fryatt guy is any relation to the Jim Fryatt we had as a CF for a couple of seasons in the late 60's?

He was no footballer, but his heading ability was phenominal! I've never seen anything like it before or since. Jim could head a ball with more force and direction than some can kick it these days. What a character! :wacko:

One other player who could head it with as much power as he could kick it was Alex Dawson at PNE.

The best header of a ball I think I've ever seen was Mike England.

No relation,Jim Fryatt's son is Ed Fryatt professional golfer on the USA circuit,but I will go along with you,that he was the best header I have ever seen,if he had two more heads on his feet he would have been a world beater!

I would have likes us to have a look Albrighton on loan or someone young and quick but Bowyer has gone for Marshall so I think that is enough wingers now, unless all three of
Olsson, Morris and Nunes leave.

Think we could do with an extra creative midfielder as we can't just rely on Cairney and he may not sign full after 6 month loan, maybe try Bannan again on loan.

In an Ideal world I would like Dann sold and someone more commanding at the back brought in.

I can see us maybe bringing one loan player in, who or what position I don't know, have to see what Bowyer decides.

Archived