BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] possible transfer targets summer 2013

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye, but big boned if he arrives at Ewood. Got a hat-trick last night didn't he?

Very talented player, drifts out of games for long stretches and always has a good chance of being sent off as he has a short fuse. Was arrested a couple of years ago in his hometown of Leicester and told the arresting officer to go and get a proper job, Yes he got a hat trick the other night including a couple of penaltys.

No chance, he is portuguese!

Oklahoma, you seem to have taken the whole Portuguese thing to heart mate. Nobody has any gripe with the Portuguese at all (I don't think). Its just a prime example of the murky side of rovers in the last few years. There are some great players who have graced many leagues from your shores. Don't think anyone doubts that mate. Nor that there are good prospects either. Just a shame that we picked a few who were just not suited to our style (or lack thereof) and the division we played in. Don't take it too personally.

Tomlin scored a peach against us too, he is extremely skilful but you have to wonder why on earth they aren't making him shift a few pounds

Aye, ... at London Rd last season my lad kept referring to him as 'Tubby Tomlin'.

Not in this league he isn't.

So a guy who's scored 40 goals (of which half have come for Portuguese national youth sides) in 183 professional appearances is a good player?

People on here are still going off 'names', he's @#/? simple as that. He's gained a reputation off a 10 goals in 22 games at Barnsley stint and got around the same amount as part of a west ham team, where if you had anything about you, you had no excuse not to be scoring goals in that team.

He would do nothing here, he wouldn't have service on tap, Rhodes can score with or without that, vaz te couldn't.

If it's the Malmo lad then Unleaded mentioned we had been watching him. Only saw him briefly when he came on as sub against Spurs recently, he's small but looks quick. Grabban must be a bit miffed, he's been banging them in.

I think they spent too much.He is super fast. but he has scored 8 goals in 31 games in Allsvenskan in Sweden. So £2,6 m is very much. Glad we didn't spend that amount. I also heard that his tactial ability is not the best. But he can probably terrorise defences based on speed alone.

Jack Butland is going out on loan to a championship side. Wonder if Hughesy would do us a favour and send him out way. Would be good to have him in whilst Kean is still learning his trade and Robbo is some way off fitness.

Aye, ... at London Rd last season my lad kept referring to him as 'Tubby Tomlin'.

Tomlin didn't look in the best of shape in that game and he also looked older than his years.

Then again I watched Posh's last game of the season away at Palace and he was sensational,

Jack Butland is going out on loan to a championship side. Wonder if Hughesy would do us a favour and send him out way. Would be good to have him in whilst Kean is still learning his trade and Robbo is some way off fitness.

I'm not sure how Kean would react to us bringing in a younger keeper to aid him with learning his trade.

I always wonder how good would players like Tomlin be if they looked after themselves properly, the whole diet, exercise regime carried out under strict adherence to a programme set up by somebody like Majiball. Potentially they could be absolute top drawer. BUT!

A guy I knew way back had all the talent in the world, was on Swindon's books and was tipped for a brilliant future, but he was lazy and loved the booze and birds too much, he finished up playing Sunday league with me

Tomlin is the Gazza of the lower leagues. He is a very very talented player and i would welcome him at Ewood with open arms. We would finally have a midfield and team fit for the top 6 of this league.

Kean

Kane Dann Hanley Spurr

Marshall Crainey Tomlin King

Judge

Rhodes

It is not my intention to show up your knowledge of football, especially considering that I do not know Tomlin - However if he is a creative midfielder like you mention - When we play teams at Ewood who will pack the midfield with power and energy, won't two creative midfielders like Cairney and Tomlin be the proverbial butter to a hot knife?

My knowledge of this level of football is you need players who are going to work their socks off. Creative players get less of a platform to shine in this level because they arent surrounded by standoff'ish players to walk through. The game is high energy and high tempo, and without a holding midfielder, the defence will have many issues with second balls and counter attacks. Direct football is difficult to defend without a "water carrier" who can break up play, halt counter attacks and distribute the ball to full backs and central playmakers. One of the biggest problems we had last year was an aging midfield who literally couldnt keep up with the game.

I always wonder how good would players like Tomlin be if they looked after themselves properly, the whole diet, exercise regime carried out under strict adherence to a programme set up by somebody like Majiball. Potentially they could be absolute top drawer. BUT!

A guy I knew way back had all the talent in the world, was on Swindon's books and was tipped for a brilliant future, but he was lazy and loved the booze and birds too much, he finished up playing Sunday league with me

You dont need to be super slim to play football... You dont even have to run much, in fact alot of the better fitter, slimmer players, let the ball do the running. You get the ball, and you give the ball. Thats why its essential to have a tough tackling ball winning midfielder alongside him.

You dont need to be super slim to play football... You dont even have to run much, in fact alot of the better fitter, slimmer players, let the ball do the running. You get the ball, and you give the ball. Thats why its essential to have a tough tackling ball winning midfielder alongside him.

Omg I have heard it all now!! Ha

Omg I have heard it all now!! Ha

Agreed, that's a very funny post.

Archived