BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's - The Fall of Blackburn Rovers

Good effort by all involved. Needs showing in India though.

As Jerome Anderson was mentioned in the broadcast. Has he made any response to some of the things that were said. Any legal threats etc?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really good documentary and I hope that the owners watch it because it shows how much fans care about the club.

The wow moment for me was about 45 minutes in when Glen was talking about what Salgado told him about players being offered 80% of their wages to leave and the reasons behind it.

I'm not going to repeat it on here but that was shocking.

The Shebby interview is classic :lol:

"Blackburn Rovers have reached rock bottom, the only way to go is up"

"I believe with my experience, my expertise, my knowledge, that I can help build a club, not just a team, but a club."

Jesus. What a clown.

Absolutely! You couldn't make it up. He clearly has no sense of irony.

One thing that struck me was that he was talking very carefully, knowing that the Venky's would hear his words. I think we can assume that they will have watched the film by now. I imagined Balaji shooting the TV like an overweight, moribund Elvis!.

While Shebby's pronouncements will always make him an obvious target, let him not distract us from other, "darker forces", who operate much closer to home.

Certain decisions were bound to get us relegated.

Who profited from those decisions? Who profited from the Emerton, Nelson,Salgado disappearances? How?

Who profited from the sale of Phil Jones?

Who profited from a string of incoming players,who never hardly kicked a ball?

Who profited from the (deliberate?) mistake, leading to Berg's lottery win compensation? I wonder who is working on that person's/agency's behalf. I bet Berg didn't get all that money.

Well done to Rishi. We were never expecting a silver bullet, but it is all part of keeping up the pressure.

The truth will out.

Well done Rishi and thanks. Its quite a painful watch and after the Play-Off final yesterday completes the Season.

Surely Rishi the Indian media will be interested in this and that is where the pain needs to be inflicted.

We are just the victims of the shambles.

All you really need to show someone who doesn't know much about the situation at the club, is the interview part with Shabby Singh. Infuriating doesn't even come close to describing it....had to take several brakes just to get through it. *sigh*

Great work though, Rishi! Will recommend this to all my friends, hope others will as well, and that perhaps word-of-mouth will bring this documentary into the publics eye.

Absolutely! You couldn't make it up. He clearly has no sense of irony.

One thing that struck me was that he was talking very carefully, knowing that the Venky's would hear his words. I think we can assume that they will have watched the film by now. I imagined Balaji shooting the TV like an overweight, moribund Elvis!.

While Shebby's pronouncements will always make him an obvious target, let him not distract us from other, "darker forces", who operate much closer to home.

Certain decisions were bound to get us relegated.

Who profited from those decisions? Who profited from the Emerton, Nelson,Salgado disappearances? How?

Who profited from the sale of Phil Jones?

Who profited from a string of incoming players,who never hardly kicked a ball?

Who profited from the (deliberate?) mistake, leading to Berg's lottery win compensation? I wonder who is working on that person's/agency's behalf. I bet Berg didn't get all that money.

Well done to Rishi. We were never expecting a silver bullet, but it is all part of keeping up the pressure.

The truth will out.

Mostly Emerton, Nelsen and Salgado I would think

All you really need to show someone who doesn't know much about the situation at the club, is the interview part with Shabby Singh. Infuriating doesn't even come close to describing it....had to take several brakes just to get through it. *sigh*

Great work though, Rishi! Will recommend this to all my friends, hope others will as well, and that perhaps word-of-mouth will bring this documentary into the publics eye.

We really need to see beyond this Shebby issue. Is there ANYONE who thinks it will make any difference is Singh left and nothing else changed.

He is a symptom, not a cause.

We need Shagnew out and a John Williams type administrator in plus all communications with agents (which would hopefully be minimal) would go through him. There would then be no need for a third rate, global-advising, Malaysian Mark Lawrenson impersonator.

Good effort....and 12-months on, if anything, it is worse. How has it not dawned on the Loons that they are crap at the Premier/Championship owner game? Cos agents/Shagnew/Shabby keeps telling them they are ace? Beggars belief still.

As you say, 12 months on things are worse. Venkys & Shebby still here and FA / Prem doing nothing.

We really need to see beyond this Shebby issue. Is there ANYONE who thinks it will make any difference is Singh left and nothing else changed.

He is a symptom, not a cause.

We need Shagnew out and a John Williams type administrator in plus all communications with agents (which would hopefully be minimal) would go through him. There would then be no need for a third rate, global-advising, Malaysian Mark Lawrenson impersonator.

I think it will make a huge difference to Gary if Shebby goes. Personally, Shebby would be my number one out of the exit door closely followed by Agnew and then Shaw. As you say, we need a strong figure at the helm at Ewood but, sadly, that doesn't seem to be the model that Venky's use in any of their businesses.

We are not bring destroyed all is good .. Ask the Rovers Fans on here . For some all is forgiven .

Ah come on now ABBEY everyone knows they bought a club on the way down and that everyone deserves second chances. We all make mistakes but we all deserve another crack, ya know. Its just life, I believe it goes round in circles and we were just unlucky what happened did. I mean it could have happened to anyone, it wasn't their fault. Everyone deserves a second chance. The club was in decline and we got the back end of the wave, ya know. They are doing loads behind the scenes that people don't see that is good. I don't know what exactly but they are good people and good people don't do bad things do they?? Come on ya knowI'm right Ricky. it's all about circles and we landed on the wrong part of the circle, it happens. But we've almost reached the end of the transition, we'll soon be on the upward part of the circle as lots of good things are happeneing, ya know, behind the scenes. We don't do failure as we're good people and the circle is almost complete and the transition over. Good times will be here soon. It just can't happen any differently, ya know. Good people do good things and soon the good things will out weight the other things. But that doesn't mean the other things weren't good it was just the wrong time, not bad. With all the goodness and expertise we have here we can build a club, ya know, a stadium, a team for this green thing next to me, we don't fail and don't intend to start now. The circles almost complete and good times are coming, transitions take time and that's why, because its the way it is, isn't it???? It's good we should all be thinking like that as good thoughts make good choices and good things happen, isn't it. It'll all work out as madame is great and very firm, very firm! and firm things are strong and strong is good, ya know. So the circle will be complete soon and we're good and firm so everything will be fine and I know this because. Don't worry with my expertise and supreme knowledge as I'm a student of the game ya know, we'll befine and the transition over and good times will return with Some Firm times with Madame. I like it when I'm firm and Madame knows this so it keeps me strong and firm as firm is good and firm will get us in, sorry out of that hole and we'll fill that circle soon and get it upwards once again. Isn't that right ricky, ya know, beacuse it is like isn't it!

Ha Ha Ha Brilliant Majiball, could hear his voice as I was reading it. Agree nothing to worry about with Shut It Singh, Sign It Shaw and Avoid It Agnew, brighter times ahead (well for their and their "friends" bank balances)

Ah come on now ABBEY everyone knows they bought a club on the way down and that everyone deserves second chances. We all make mistakes but we all deserve another crack, ya know. Its just life, I believe it goes round in circles and we were just unlucky what happened did. I mean it could have happened to anyone, it wasn't their fault. Everyone deserves a second chance. The club was in decline and we got the back end of the wave, ya know. They are doing loads behind the scenes that people don't see that is good. I don't know what exactly but they are good people and good people don't do bad things do they?? Come on ya knowI'm right Ricky. it's all about circles and we landed on the wrong part of the circle, it happens. But we've almost reached the end of the transition, we'll soon be on the upward part of the circle as lots of good things are happeneing, ya know, behind the scenes. We don't do failure as we're good people and the circle is almost complete and the transition over. Good times will be here soon. It just can't happen any differently, ya know. Good people do good things and soon the good things will out weight the other things. But that doesn't mean the other things weren't good it was just the wrong time, not bad. With all the goodness and expertise we have here we can build a club, ya know, a stadium, a team for this green thing next to me, we don't fail and don't intend to start now. The circles almost complete and good times are coming, transitions take time and that's why, because its the way it is, isn't it???? It's good we should all be thinking like that as good thoughts make good choices and good things happen, isn't it. It'll all work out as madame is great and very firm, very firm! and firm things are strong and strong is good, ya know. So the circle will be complete soon and we're good and firm so everything will be fine and I know this because. Don't worry with my expertise and supreme knowledge as I'm a student of the game ya know, we'll befine and the transition over and good times will return with Some Firm times with Madame. I like it when I'm firm and Madame knows this so it keeps me strong and firm as firm is good and firm will get us in, sorry out of that hole and we'll fill that circle soon and get it upwards once again. Isn't that right ricky, ya know, beacuse it is like isn't it!

That could have been written by Bob Fleming himself. Are you sure you aren't his ghost writer.

In fact, I think we've just found his support act for the monthly reviews! ;)

I think Rishi did a great job with this , at a lot of personal expense . He had no sponsorship or donations and trawled around the country for weeks trying to get interviews from as many people as possible .

It was tough when we spoke with Rishi as back then we had a lots of different pieces which were like a 10.000 jigsaw with no picture to copy . A little like the baked bean jigsaw if anyone has seen it ?

It was also difficult as at that time we didn't actually know what we was looking for , and didnt know what was relevant or irrelevant .

I would hope that a fund could be set up somewhere so Rishi could perhaps do a sequel as I really do think that would certainly benefit the cause and bigger picture in the coming months .

• Moderation Lead

10 minutes in, and after seeing his fat face and neck, then being reminded of his shameless Steve Kean and Paul Agnew bias I'm reminded what a complete and utter turd Alan Nixon is.

10 minutes in, and after seeing his fat face and neck, then being reminded of his shameless Steve Kean and Paul Agnew bias I'm reminded what a complete and utter turd Alan Nixon is.

I've always thought that myself, but I thought he came across in this as savvy and pragmatic, he didn't seem to favour Kean the turd, or maybe I wasn't fully focused, that wouldn't be the first time I've completely missed a point.

damn you for watching Eastenders at any time, Corrie is the future.

Although the soap at Ewood over the last two years makes them all look realistic

Aye I watch that as well, means me and mum can actually talk about something.

i also think they're comedy gold as how on earth think that represents reality baffles me!!!!!

Stuart, I'll do that if you become a mod?????

• Moderation Lead

I've always thought that myself, but I thought he came across in this as savvy and pragmatic, he didn't seem to favour Kean the turd, or maybe I wasn't fully focused, that wouldn't be the first time I've completely missed a point.

When he said 'the fans don't like anything down there' as if we were being unreasonable, I nearly threw my remote at the TV.

What a complete bell-end he is.

Archived