BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Hanley Signs New Deal

• Backroom

Good news

He was potentially heading elsewhere but the managerial merry go round in the premier league probably put an end to that

Hanley played well last season and I'm pleased to see him stay. He's not a top drawer defender but he's good and should get better with age. Wish he'd lose a few pounds (weight) though.

Can't fault his effort and that is always nice to see. But sometimes playing center half means playing cutely as well as booming tackles and gargantuan headers. When he learns how to do this he might be a top level player. But, as is the case with most championship and below level clubs, we'll almost certainly never see that rounded performance from Hanley because its our job to produce the raw essentials and sell to a PL side who can apply the finishing touches. Such is life. Glad he is signed up. If nothing else it means another first teamer who won't need bedding in next season.

More good news, the clubs on a role this week(this must be killing some people :P )

I am defo renewing now!!

Nothing against the lad but if thats us on a roll (not role) then i fear for us.

Very odd that every player news so far is an additional cost........ am i missing something or is there a coach getting ready to leave??

Archived