BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

An extraordinary innings by Liam Livingstone tonight. Amongst all the stats the most amazing one for me was that it was the first century scored against Pakistan in T20 internationals and they play more than any other team.

Meanwhile I saw an equally entertaining game at Old Trafford- almost 400 runs scored on the night and Lancs just squeezing home. Birmingham won as well so Lancs will probably have to beat Yorkshire tomorrow to qualify for the quarter finals.

• Like 1

• Backroom
17 minutes ago, only2garners said:

An extraordinary innings by Liam Livingstone tonight. 

Second time in a week I've been proud of a losing England team.

After that fantastic innings by Pakistan, the old England would have buckled under scoreboard pressure, and been embarrassingly skittled.

But not this new breed. They took it on and believed all the way. 

I swear there's been a shift in mindset across most of our national sports. We don't fear anyone anymore. Win or lose, we're comfortable taking the opponent on.

All except Rugby League imo. We're still in awe of those Aussies in that code. And they have had that notch of quality above us for a long time now. 

9 hours ago, only2garners said:

An extraordinary innings by Liam Livingstone tonight. Amongst all the stats the most amazing one for me was that it was the first century scored against Pakistan in T20 internationals and they play more than any other team.

Meanwhile I saw an equally entertaining game at Old Trafford- almost 400 runs scored on the night and Lancs just squeezing home. Birmingham won as well so Lancs will probably have to beat Yorkshire tomorrow to qualify for the quarter finals.

It was a nervy one last night at Old Trafford. Lancs fielding wasn't quite as sharp and aggressive as it usually is. They held their catches but looked as though they weren't quite sure with every catch until it was firmly in their grasp. Jennings and Allen looked like they'd all but won it with the opening partnership but then Durham got off to a flyer too. Back there again later today.

1 hour ago, gumboots said:

It was a nervy one last night at Old Trafford. Lancs fielding wasn't quite as sharp and aggressive as it usually is. They held their catches but looked as though they weren't quite sure with every catch until it was firmly in their grasp. Jennings and Allen looked like they'd all but won it with the opening partnership but then Durham got off to a flyer too. Back there again later today.

Me too gumboots. It's a real shame that there will be so few of us there when everywhere else sports grounds seem to be packed (not that I'm sure they should be yet). Finn Allen didn't field last night so hopefully it's not something that keeps him out of the game tonight.

2 hours ago, gumboots said:

The commentators reckoned some of the fielders were struggling to pick the ball up in the low sunlight and/or the glare off the various glass windows for much of the game. Alex Davies seemed to suffer a couple of times and even one where we held the catch, the fielder shook his head as if to say “I didn’t really see it”

Edited by oldjamfan1