BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Sibley hit a 4..........however

Look at the position of his head, falling away to off

Look at his body shape, at 45 degrees instead of more upright

Look at his front leg, at an angle instead of facing down the pitch

This is one reason why he struggles at Test level.

Welcome back Hameed

sib.html

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Was it just me that was baffled by Croft bowling that last over at numbers 9 and 10? Surely we had something left that they wouldn't have fancied facing? And then there was the lacklustre way he bowled the next two balls after the first 6. I was livid after that.

PS - England aren't half gonna miss Jimmy when he's retired.......

Bailey had 2 overs spare. I was really mad about that over was a bit like stokes v the windies. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, matt83 said:

That’s the type of ball hameed was always out to in that season he averaged 9. Just a straight line and length delivery. 

Maybe not quite as fast matt, but point taken.

Nerves must have been off the scale for the lad, felt sorry for him really.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

“ Race and Pace “ the story of West Indian cricketers in East Lancashire is on BBC 2 tonight at 6.00 pm. I think I’ve seen it before but it’s worth another watch I think. 

Thanks. I'll get it on torrent tomorrow.

Edit: On checking it was already on the site and got it D/L in less than 2 minutes ☺️

Edited by AllRoverAsia

Root is a special player and quality batsman

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

When does the Buttler as a Test player experiment end?

He's a mediocre WK and evidently he doesn't have the technique or mental toughness to bat in Tests. Another failure with the bat today after dropping a dolly yesterday. 

I would say when are going to allow our test players prepare properly for test series instead of giving them no first class for weeks

18 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would say when are going to allow our test players prepare properly for test series instead of giving them no first class for weeks

I would say look at India

Before India played a county XI as a warm-up for the first Test, the last first-class match Rohit Sharma played that wasn't a Test was in November 2015.

The last time Virat Kohli played a non-Test first-class match was in November 2012, nearly nine years ago.

The best players can play across all formats without the need for "match practice"

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

I would say look at India

Before India played a county XI as a warm-up for the first Test, the last first-class match Rohit Sharma played that wasn't a Test was in November 2015.

The last time Virat Kohli played a non-Test first-class match was in November 2012, nearly nine years ago.

The best players can play across all formats without the need for "match practice"

Is agree with this generally. But sharma and kholi were grounded and learnt proper technique in red ball cricket first and foremost then turned their hand to McCricket very successfully. The fact they can adapt and play both and England can’t is a source of irritation but I fear with the current structure of favouring white ball cricket it encourages players like Roy who rely solely on hand eye coordination and power and zero technique.  

By the way if anyone here fancies it. Clitheroe cc are in the final of the lancs league equivalent of the fa cup tomorrow. They’re boldly claiming it’s the biggest sporting event the town has ever seen based on 1,500 tickets sold. Conveniently ignoring Clitheroe fc fa vase semi final where had 2,500 on. But from what I gather there’s some sort of ill will as it’s a dingle based team (lowerhouse).

I wasn’t that arsed about the result but when I heard of a large dingle contingent I’m bang up for this. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Lowerhouse is definitely Burnley there is a lot of scummy looking people here that clearly aren’t from the Ribble valley. Never seen so many tracksuits or so few teeth. 

The Lowerhouse players will have a definite advantage when fielding, having the extra digits. 

Root's a wonderful batsman when he's on form but as captain he gets alot wrong. The match has now effectively slipped away from England

And now he's missed a catch. Root has had a nightmare this morning

Edited by jim mk2
  • Like 3