BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Disappointing finish to the Lancashire 20Twenty season. It could have been a different outcome if Gleeson hadn’t no balled when he had Smeed caught behind and the umpire had correctly given Abell out lbw. However, they were probably 20 runs short on a very good track after a quick fire start.

Yes that cider drinking yokel of a somerset biased umpire won that match.

Maybe we hadn't scored enough but the lbw denial was shocking and turned the game.

FFS it looked a given on my PC screen!

If it had been correctly given out then we probably win.

This is not sour grapes, somerset are good to watch

* lower case usage my choice 

The first packed house sporting event that I have been to in 18 months or so and what a fantastic atmosphere it was at Taunton last night. No gimmicks needed just a sell out crowd getting behind their historic county. In knock out one day games the Taunton crowd is always worth an extra 15-20 runs and they got Lancashire rattled last night as was shown by some comedy fielding. Roll on Monday and the return of the Championship.

Edited by Ewood Ace

22 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The first packed house sporting event that I have been to in 18 months or so and what a fantastic atmosphere it was at Taunton last night. No gimmicks needed just a sell out crowd getting behind their historic county. In knock out one day games the Taunton crowd is always worth an extra 15-20 runs and they got Lancashire rattled last night as was shown by some comedy fielding. Roll on Monday and the return of the Championship.

I knew we were about 30 light but with 6 players missing I went in with zero expectations. We were in that stand had great fun rilling the local Worzel Gummidges. Shame they had the last laugh. As a side note met loads of rovers fans there, far more than ever encountered before.

43ADB6D0-6448-4EAD-8738-63B81EBD20D3.thumb.jpeg.804cf100543250b1e954e514a1bcc961.jpeg

55 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

A clean sweep for the South in the quarter finals. Also nice to see 3 counties with non test/100 grounds in finals day that will annoy the ECB.

Yeah that’s true, and let’s face it the one test ground is the Coke Zero of test grounds. 

11 minutes ago, den said:

Kohl’s gone.

Must say I like Robinson. Accurate in line and length, moves it in the air and off the pitch. Always threatening. I can see him being in this England team for a long time.

Could be over today this den, brilliant response to the last test defeat.

Another one falls.

Edited by Gav

Turned on the wireless at lunchtime and stunned to hear the result

Having watched India bat all through yesterday I was convinced they'd carry on but that's a brilliant effort to turn it around

Robinson is a very good bowler in English conditions (though I'm not sure how he'd fare abroad) and is a real bonus this season

On to the Oval... will the other batters please stand up again to help the peerless Root

Delighted that England won the game and the team has bounced back from last week defeat. Should be a good 4th test. 

4 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

A clean sweep for the South in the quarter finals. Also nice to see 3 counties with non test/100 grounds in finals day that will annoy the ECB.

I think its great to see different counties in final days. More exciting and see more players you wouldn't normal see.