BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

On 07/10/2021 at 06:10, Gav said:

Good news on The Ashes - sounds like if will be played, Root leading by example saying he’ll tour whatever it takes. 

Bad news. We'll be slaughtered with our pop-gun attack.

On the other hand our batsmen will be terrorised

Need Archer wood and Stokes to be fully fit. No chance.

• Like 3

On 15/10/2021 at 11:26, Gav said:

Big mistake not taking Mahmood and Parkinson, also Livingston for that matter.

5-0 whitewash unless the rain comes, then at least we might draw one.....

The first two definitely Gav. Not sure Liam is cut out for test cricket though.

34 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The first two definitely Gav. Not sure Liam is cut out for test cricket though.

I think you're probably right ojf, but you need match winners in Australia, players that play without fear and Livingston fits that bill.

Our batting has been shambolic for the most part for the past few years, I'd have loved England to have tried something different, but its the same old tried and tested failures leading the line, Root aside and thats just not good enough for me.

On the plus side I'll get more sleep, not staying up till lunch and catching the last 10 over every day!

• Like 1

I think livi is all flash and no substance I’ve seen him far too often clear the ropes a few times in an innings only to chip one up to long on a few balls later with a shrug of the shoulders. At the very most he’d be another Buttler or Bairstow in a test environment. In Australian conditions their quicks would have livi on toast.

Parky before bess and saqib before Overton seemed a no brainer to me.

* that said I don’t think there’s any combination of players England could take that will prevent a whitewash (weather aside). We have 2 competent batsmen root and stokes and only one playing. It’s still not enough even if stokes was fit/right state of mind. 

Edited by matt83
  • Like 2

No they haven't really Matt. The rescheduled England v India decider which should have been at OT last September has been set for 1st July. Unfortunately OT can't hold the game on that date as they can't have a pitch ready (concerts?). So the ECB have given that game to Edgbaston and transferred the August test v South Africa, which should have been at Edgbaston, to OT.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

He’ll make a difference but not enough of a difference I’m afraid.

I wouldn’t bet on that TS. Quite apart from the lift it will give his teammates he has history against the Aussies and they would definitely prefer him to be absent. 
Much is going to come down to our openers (batters and bowlers). If we can get a tune or two out of a couple of them we should be ok. The Aussies aren’t exactly in great nick either from what I can see. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I wouldn’t bet on that TS. Quite apart from the lift it will give his teammates he has history against the Aussies and they would definitely prefer him to be absent. 
Much is going to come down to our openers (batters and bowlers). If we can get a tune or two out of a couple of them we should be ok. The Aussies aren’t exactly in great nick either from what I can see. 

I'm with TS on this ojf, those Aussie bowlers will rip through our top order in no time, in nick or not.

I hope I'm wrong, I'd have put my house on India beat Pakistan yesterday, so it has been know 😃

• Like 1