BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Not surprising. 

I thought we could nick the title - obviously Yorkshire (and to a lesser extent Somerset) stuffed us there, but this isn't a particularly strong Lancs team.

The conditions are obviously ridiculous as we're playing at the end of September, but I do wonder how up for this meaningless game Lancashire are. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Not surprising. 

I thought we could nick the title - obviously Yorkshire (and to a lesser extent Somerset) stuffed us there, but this isn't a particularly strong Lancs team.

The conditions are obviously ridiculous as we're playing at the end of September, but I do wonder how up for this meaningless game Lancashire are. 

The big prize was the country championship. This feels like the 3rd/4th place play off. As you say cricket in this country going into October is just too far.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, den said:

The big prize was the country championship. This feels like the 3rd/4th place play off. As you say cricket in this country going into October is just too far.

A completely pointless game but if you are going to have it then have it as a start of the season curtain raiser instead of the MCC game.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 4

I'm watching the European Cricket Championship and hear that 'batsman' is defunct, replaced by gender neutral 'batter'

It was suggested that 'maiden' over and 'dolly' catch should also go in the greater good, apparently known as 'inclusivity'

But .... what about the elephant on the room? .......... Ball ..... surely we cannot have the non male 'batters' playing with 'balls', that will never do.

• Like 1

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

I'm watching the European Cricket Championship and hear that 'batsman' is defunct, replaced by gender neutral 'batter'

It was suggested that 'maiden' over and 'dolly' catch should also go in the greater good, apparently known as 'inclusivity'

But .... what about the elephant on the room? .......... Ball ..... surely we cannot have the non male 'batters' playing with 'balls', that will never do.

What will they call third man?

4 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Commentators always did tend to slip into calling batsmen batters before the world went uber woke. My grandad used to get annoyed at the tele when they said batters. I think Nasser was particularly bad for it. I can picture him chuntering away “Batter!!! It’s not a bloody chip shop.”

• Like 2

Well this is just baseball with a ball that sometimes bounces during delivery.

The batting* is in general a level ahead of the bowling.

* This is being done by batsmen, not a batswoman in sight but there are a couple of blokes with long hair. 

Edited by AllRoverAsia