BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

The first summer in 20 years without a home test series victory and 3 test series in a row now without victory. To go to the Ashes with this coach and captain is tantamount to cricketing suicide, both are totally out of their depth in their respective roles.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

The first summer in 20 years without a home test series victory and 3 test series in a row now without victory. To go to the Ashes with this coach and captain is tantamount to cricketing suicide, both are totally out of their depth in their respective roles.

So Who want you as Captain and director of cricket? Also who want be in your best 13 or 14 man squad depending on pitch conditions? 

17 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

So Who want you as Captain and director of cricket? Also who want be in your best 13 or 14 man squad depending on pitch conditions? 

For coach I'd go with Mike Hesson, as for the captaincy that's a decision for him and who he thinks he would work well with, just as he did with the New Zealand captaincy.

In terms of my squad for the Ashes I think we need to move on to a new era instead of going back to players who have had numerous chances and not done enough. The likes of Ali, Bairstow, Buttler have all played numerous times against Australia and have poor records and I've seen nothing from any of them to suggest that it will be any different this time around. 

Anderson has been a great bowler and can still win tests in England but he isn't going to win you test matches in Australia. Malan is 34 and isn't the answer long term or even short term, he's just another unimaginative backward looking suggestion.

So my squad for the Ashes tour fitness depending of course would probably be something like the following.
Sibley, Burns, Crawley, Root, Hain, Clarke, Pope, Stokes, Foakes, Leach, Parkinson, Broad, Robinson, Woakes, Overton, Wood, Mahmood.

An excellent rearguard action from Lancashire just falling short of hanging on for a draw against Notts. Given they were without Jennings, Livingstone and Parkinson and lost Mahmood as a bowler on the first day and facing a total of 443 to win in the last innings that they have only just lost was a good showing. Alex Davies' head already seems to have gone to Warwickshire - 2 ducks in the game.

It;s a good job there were two Preston lads in the team - Danny Lamb and Tom Bailey took 12 wickets and scored 135 runs between them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ewood Ace said:

For coach I'd go with Mike Hesson, as for the captaincy that's a decision for him and who he thinks he would work well with, just as he did with the New Zealand captaincy.

In terms of my squad for the Ashes I think we need to move on to a new era instead of going back to players who have had numerous chances and not done enough. The likes of Ali, Bairstow, Buttler have all played numerous times against Australia and have poor records and I've seen nothing from any of them to suggest that it will be any different this time around. 

Anderson has been a great bowler and can still win tests in England but he isn't going to win you test matches in Australia. Malan is 34 and isn't the answer long term or even short term, he's just another unimaginative backward looking suggestion.

So my squad for the Ashes tour fitness depending of course would probably be something like the following.
Sibley, Burns, Crawley, Root, Hain, Clarke, Pope, Stokes, Foakes, Leach, Parkinson, Broad, Robinson, Woakes, Overton, Wood, Mahmood.

Thankyou for the reply Ewood. 

I would stick with Sliverwood and Root in their roles until after the Ashes if they happen which is unclear. 

If we were change coach I would like Paul Farbrace or Alec Stewart. B

But I don't see the head coach or Captain being the current problem but the county game and the lack of quality out there batting wise, pitch quality and when 4 day games are played. 

For Anderson and Malan must go to Ashes cos of their experience and we need Anderson to lead the bowling attack out there. 

So my squad for Ashes

Batsmen:- Burns, Hammed, Malan, Root, Pope, Crawley, Bairstow

Keeper:- Buttler, Foakes

All rounders:- Stokes, Ali

Pace:- Anderson, Board, Curran, Robinson, Woakes, Mahmood, Wood

Spinners:- Leach, Parkinson

At least they’ve forfeited so a 2-2 series result. Root's greatest win. Will still be massively out of pocket with hotels, etc. Tickets will be refunded but Lancs are very incompetent. I’m still waiting for the Yorkshire money from early July.

* Just said on sky India haven’t forfeited and it’s a no result. That sounds more likely for them as a side. I must admit I was highly skeptical over them forfeiting. 

Edited by matt83

6 hours ago, only2garners said:

The BCCI are offering to reschedule the game, although god knows when and where that could be.

I think it is highly unlikely to be rescheduled and not in this country. Perhaps Dubai but just shows how far the balance of power in cricket has gone to the BCCI there own IPL is far more important to them. The offer to reschedule is a handy get out.

I’ve been a big fan of the IPL in recent years, but after what has happened with the Indian Test team, for me, it has left a nasty taste in the mouth. Absolutely, India had no intention of playing the 5th Test and were given the perfect opportunity to pull out when the back room staff tested positive. Yet again, £££££ rules and feck the loyal supporters.

Congratulations to former Rover Keith Barker who has today bettered his best-ever first class bowling figures by taking the first 7 Notts wickets. 7 for 29 just now with the chance of a ten 'fer.

Lancashire are doing well too - could be an interesting last round of games in the county championship.

• Like 3