BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

Forest, Wigan or Bolton to sign Rhodes? You are joking. These teams couldn't afford £6 million nevermind the £8 or 10 million we would want. If he goes it will be to a premiership team.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nobody is going anywhere. if anything the raos are concerned we havent ADDED better quality to the team as i interpret it. ignore the bullpoo and stay behind the team, as it seems it`s us against the world, as i reckon there`s more than a few that want rovers to fail inc some that purport to be rovers fans.

2nd post deleted. that`s told me all i needed to know, cheers..

the guy is blatently a certain well known tabloid person spreading negative stories to our fan base. you expect me to not say anything..?

It's an appealing thought which would explain his fixation with"Dougie" and "Coylie" but I wouldn't have thought Mm was Nicko based on his knowledge of Rovers in the 70's etc

He's not

`coyley` and`wee* dougie..`? c`mon.. <_<

* clue there sherlock..

It's an appealing thought which would explain his fixation with"Dougie" and "Coylie" but I wouldn't have thought Mm was Nicko based on his knowledge of Rovers in the 70's etc

as i understand it, the `certain well known tabloid reporter` has had a long interest in things rovers going back a long way, but something has happened in recent times that has turned him against the club. don`t ask me what as i havent the foggiest. all i know is that `certain well known tabloid reporter` now seems hell bent on causing mischief for the club.

Interesting to note that out of the 20 teams who played in the Championship today :

13 managers used 3 subs

5 managers used 2 subs

2 managers used 1 sub Gaz Bowyer and Lee Clark( B/ham )

Mr Clark probably thought it prudent, not to make too many changes as his team took the lead on 48 mins at Yeovil ( won o-1 )

What was Gaz's reason ?

Poor subs bench imo.

Poor subs bench imo.

i did think he might have changed to a 5 man midfield to be honest when it looked like we were being a bit dominated for periods, but i can`t argue with how the game was going for us in the period right up until the moment forest scored. at that time, their goal was a bit out of the blue for me as we had looked more likely to score. a bit of a sucker punch really from a long punt forward(that caught jake kean out), not particulary intricate play at all, for all the pretty patterns they`d weaved prior to that during the game.

in fact, it has to be said that forest 2 most dangerous attacks came from agricultural hoofs up the park, the derbyshire one and the one they scored from, and that`s a bit of a concern..

Theories aside, why the hell didn't we use more subs? We certainly weren't pressing and had no rhythm to disrupt. Bringing on fresh legs was exactly what was required. Bizarre.

Imo GB probably didn't think there was too much wrong. It was a dull game which neither side really deserved to win but I thought we were marginally the better of the two sides until Kean's clanger.

It was probably one of those games where the result is everything. If we'd got an undeserved injury time winner everyone would probably be viewing it as a fairly solid performance and a good day's work. Even if it had finished 0-0 as it should have done people would probably be viewing the game and performance a lot more favourably.

At 0-0 GB probably didn't want to fix what wasn 't really broke. By the time we conceded which was not really forseeable it was too late to do anything else.

Seen the highlights and their goal is terrible and worse than I thought whilst at the game as Kean easily got to the ball first, if he comes he must take the ball and knock Mackie into next week! Rhodes like last week should have done far better with a header after getting across the defender but I'd have to agree with bowyer in that we would have to be far more worried if he wasn't getting in those positions.

I don't think Forest could have complained if the ref gave penalty in the second half as Hobbs ran out of his way to barge Rhodes no where near the ball, a crazy and risky move by the defender.

what game did you watch, I thought we were ok at derby nothing more, ' played them off the park is absolute rubbish, they could have been 2-0 up before we scored.

And we could have been 3-0 up before we decided to give them a goal!! Played them off the park may be strong words but 55% possession and 20 chances away from home is good going in anyone's books!

I'm as gutted as anyone but I don't get some of the negativity on here..it's as if people believe they can justify being completely irrational because of Venkys!

The FACT is that there are bigger and better clubs than ours who cannot get back to the PL. People in general need to stop overreacting...we're an average team with an outside chance of getting a playoff spot IF we don't press the panic button and back the team and manager!

Get on their backs at your peril...

Forest, Wigan or Bolton to sign Rhodes? You are joking. These teams couldn't afford £6 million nevermind the £8 or 10 million we would want. If he goes it will be to a premiership team.

This season Rhodes has not scored a goal including pre season...

He may go to a lower end premiership team but it is looking less likely ..

The longer he goes without scoring his stock falls and becomes cheaper !

There are some ambitious clubs in the Championship of which we are not one ...

Whether the club would except a £5 or £6 mill bid in August who knows ...

But if he struggles to score goals for whatever reasons and we are in the bottom half come New Year they will want him off their hands ...

Personally ,I don't think he can cut ii in the Premier League but he could score the goals to get someone there..

On chances alone I thought Forest deserved the win, they created plenty, we created very little.

We looked like a side that hadn't played together before, had very little penetration and devoid of ideas in the final third, its going to be a long season if thats all we've got.

And we could have been 3-0 up before we decided to give them a goal!! Played them off the park may be strong words but 55% possession and 20 chances away from home is good going in anyone's books!

I'm as gutted as anyone but I don't get some of the negativity on here..it's as if people believe they can justify being completely irrational because of Venkys!

The FACT is that there are bigger and better clubs than ours who cannot get back to the PL. People in general need to stop overreacting...we're an average team with an outside chance of getting a playoff spot IF we don't press the panic button and back the team and manager!

Get on their backs at your peril...

ABSOLUTELY

A draw would have been a fair result. They dominated possession but created very little.lowe and marrow helped this by being out of position all the time. Best and Rhodes is one of the worst partnerships I've ever seen. Both where always playing on the shoulder and never come deep for the ball and with such a poor midfield we ended up playing the long ball against a big forest team.

Cairney and Evans I'm sure will make a big difference

Kean - 6 did well until the goal. Don't know what he was thinking

Kane - 6 don't think he was as bad as some are saying

Hanley - 7 played well

Damn - 7 played well

Spurr - 8 mom. Don't use his throw enough

Judge - 6 good at set pieces. Was awful in possession

Lowe - 4 not good enough. Should have scored

Marrow - 4 ok in the air. Nothing else

Taylor - 5 didn't really offer much

Rhodes - 4 hardly got involved

Best - 4 was a little more involved but lost the ball every time

I sometimes think we fans don't watch the same game.

And Rhodes should NOT be expected to come deep. If we do then we may as well not have him at the club.

What we need is a decent midfield. We need a play maker and a leader. Right now I'd settle for one or the other but we need both.

Seen the highlights and their goal is terrible and worse than I thought whilst at the game as Kean easily got to the ball first, if he comes he must take the ball and knock Mackie into next week! Rhodes like last week should have done far better with a header after getting across the defender but I'd have to agree with bowyer in that we would have to be far more worried if he wasn't getting in those positions.

I don't think Forest could have complained if the ref gave penalty in the second half as Hobbs ran out of his way to barge Rhodes no where near the ball, a crazy and risky move by the defender.

Billy Davies described that as a 'wonderful goal'.

That barge wasn't a pen imo. Shoulder to shoulder and he outmuscled Rhodes like Hanley outmuscled Derbyshire similarly down by the corner flag. Strength, speed and balance should not be penalised. Those old enough saw Shearer do the self same thing to defenders time and again.

btw.... I thought an earlier claim was more valid where Rhodes appeared to be pulled back by his shirt.

The new signing's (whom so far have been our better players) got nowhere near a full pre-season with us, we need to be a little patient.

Granted there are a few areas for concern, but not the mass over-reaction of some on here.

I certainly hope that 55% possession and 20 chances with just one late goal to show for it does not appear as 'good going' in the books of Rhodes and Best!

My lad said to me before the game that Kean would cost us games this season.

That was the first.

However if that challenge on him had been from a corner, we'd have got a free kick. Funny old game.

Robinson would be the starter for me Aggy. He's certainly not error free by any means, but he is the better keeper.

On chances alone I thought Forest deserved the win, they created plenty, we created very little.

We looked like a side that hadn't played together before, had very little penetration and devoid of ideas in the final third, its going to be a long season if thats all we've got.

A realistic view Gav. 4-4-2 meant that we hardly got out of our own half in the first 45 mins. Judge was a bright spark but our right side looked frail and the ball did not stick with the strikers often enough. (Maybe I am a little harsh to Best here cos he did knock the CH's around a bit on occasion)

I sometimes think we fans don't watch the same game.

And Rhodes should NOT be expected to come deep. If we do then we may as well not have him at the club.

What we need is a decent midfield. We need a play maker and a leader. Right now I'd settle for one or the other but we need both.

He shouldn't come deep. Why? He did nothing yesterday so should have sometimes looked for the ball. Same with best. Come deep. Bring others into the game and then he would get chances

Archived