BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

We're a team that nearly got relegated last season. We are not a top 2 side aiming for automatic promotion. If we were then I'd say one point from 2 games wasn't good enough. Forest are a better team than we are at the moment. Simple fact. I would expect us to lose to them.

I know you like to play devils advocate but a loss to a top championship team in the last minute by an individual mistake is not unacceptable. Nearly getting relegated with the largest wage bill in the league and changing manager 5 times is unacceptable. I'd take a top 10 finish this year, bring finances under control, let bowyer implement his style of play, bring in players he wants and bring some youth players through.

Everyone wants instant success but we have to let bowyer build this team. Think he is building a very good young team that prove to be extremely talented over the course of this season and next if given the time.

I think we are on the right track, that was a pretty decent Forest side with a good experienced manager, if we had not progressed under GB, we

would probably have been well beaten, but they had to be lucky right at the death to beat us.

I still say he could have made better use of the subs though.

I think we can win at Donny on friday and beat Barnsley at home after that, if we get Cairney and Evans on the pitch, but the big test will be against wee Dougie's Bolton on the 31st.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's not what you keep saying though, you keep insinuating he'll be sold before the end of this transfer window.

Yes I do.

My reference to be prepared to be burnt at the stake was the fact that Waggy76 suggested that he might end up at Forest, Coyley's Wigan or wee Dougie's Bolton.

Top bloke is Morten

Doubt many of this current crop will be remembered like he will with the obvious exception of Dunny and Rhodes

The fact he can still complete the bleep test is a testament to how fit he keeps himself

Yet despite being in tip top physical condition he has still been unwilling or unable to perform to a reasonable level on the pitch for the last 5 seasons.

• Backroom

Yet despite being in tip top physical condition he has still been unwilling or unable to perform to a reasonable level on the pitch for the last 5 seasons.

In your opinion :)

Really not sure what to make of the reviews and opinions on here tonight. I'm sure by my profile location you can guess I didnt see the match and as such I wouldn't have the nerve to disagree with anyones opinion who did. But I think the key thing to remember is the formation we started with against derby. Rochina actually worked and we looked extremely good during that period. The fact Best scored was a double edged sword. He had to start today and that meant 442 becsuse you can't drop Rhodes. But in real terms I suspect bowyer would sooner play one behind Rhodes, especially against top opposition like Forest.

Cairney and Evans will make a big difference. I've actually been impressed with the little I have seen of Marrow (despite the obvious handball) and I believe with a full squad at his disposal then we might have had a more positive effect on the game.

But, this considered, is Rhodes best to play as a lone front man? I mean if we assume the starting formation versus derby is our most effective. Is Rhodes best suited to that? Or put another way, would rovers be better off with Rhodes leading the line in our best formation or would we be better to get £10 -15m in the bank? Hypothetical question.

• Backroom

Yes indeed.

Also once you've practised your technique to the point where you're deadly from free kicks etc., how do you suddenly lose that ability? That normally stays with players until the end of their careers.

I don't think he has lost the ability from set pieces but I have to say I thought Alan Judge took some great free kicks today so that part of his game has been replaced and Tommy Spurr has a throw on him

If it isn't thought he can offer enough otherwise these days then yes the time is right to move on

Yes I do.

My reference to be prepared to be burnt at the stake was the fact that Waggy76 suggested that he might end up at Forest, Coyley's Wigan or wee Dougie's Bolton.

no chance!!!

MM, none of those clubs have the money to buy him at 10 million. Rovers WILL NOT sell for less!!!

Rhodes is happy here.

I do know why you don't go and support those teams tbh!!! Secret Bolton fan? :D:lol::brfcsmilie:

I may be behind the ball game but what's the current situation with Paul Robinson?

Is he now off our payroll and now a fully fledged Sky TV pundit?

No. I missed exactly what he said on Sky but the gist of it was that he was fully fit and in training etc the only thing holding him back was you're not allowed to play while you're still on blood thinning tablets.

The LT predicted he'd be back end of September earlier in the week.

No. I missed exactly what he said on Sky but the gist of it was that he was fully fit and in training etc the only thing holding him back was you're not allowed to play while you're still on blood thinning tablets.

The LT predicted he'd be back end of September earlier in the week.

Thanks Rev, I missed that too. I just thought it odd I'd seen him on SkySports a couple of days this week and thought it unusual.

2 draws, 1 loss. Two tough games to open with and our reserve team lost to the lottery of a pen shoot out. Obviously would have preferred 3 wins but let's not go overboard.

We ain't aiming for top 2. We are an outside bet for the play offs.

We are so outside we are on the summit of Skiddaw

no chance!!!

MM, none of those clubs have the money to buy him at 10 million. Rovers WILL NOT sell for less!!!

Rhodes is happy here.

I do know why you don't go and support those teams tbh!!! Secret Bolton fan? :D:lol::brfcsmilie:

Chaddy - as I have said on a number of occasions, it wont take £10million at the end of August ! It will be substantially less.

Chaddy - as I have said on a number of occasions, it wont take £10million at the end of August ! It will be substantially less.

no its wont!!!

IF we do sell Rhodes then we will have to pay the remaining amount of the transfer fee to Huddersfield which is 5.5 mil plus a 20 sell on clause in the deal.

so if we do sell for less than 10 mil then we would been making a loss and not using the money for any other reasons!!!

what don't you get!!!

This month we are due to pay HT 2.5 million as the next installment of the transfer fee which we have got from selling Olsson to Norwich

• Backroom

I agree with you there, whether someone tests our resolve or not is another matter

to be honest, i`ve said it before that i expected a slow start to the season(with so many new faces) and that was if everyone was available, which they havent been. that being the case, i don`t think we`ve done really bad or anything. as long as we see progress as we go(and as long as venkys are patient to allow it), then that`ll do for me.

Thanks Rev, I missed that too. I just thought it odd I'd seen him on SkySports a couple of days this week and thought it unusual.

Not that unusual when you consider who supplies a lot of the pundits ;) to give their unbiased views on certain events. Only difference is that Robinson seems to be one of the good guys unlike many of the biased agency view parasites that inhabit Skyem sports.

Very spirited performance but lacked the quality to unlock the Forest defence.

New signings are going to take time to bed in, 3/4 of the midfield making their Ewood debuts, plus Spurr at LB, need time to gel.

Rochina a big miss, and would have been nice to have a more explosive sub like Campbell on the bench.

That said lets not get carried away, after 2 games last season, Crystal Palace were bottom with 0 points, hell of a long way to go.

2nd post deleted. that`s told me all i needed to know, cheers..

Saxo stop being a WUM

Anymore and you can buggar off for good

the guy is blatently a certain well known tabloid person spreading negative stories to our fan base. you expect me to not say anything..?

Archived