BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

Is there any danger of us not conceding a 90th minute goal, or just giving us some joy????

Oh, and any fans that booed the players off at full time- each and every one of you are bell ends.

• Moderation Lead

Why ?

There are performances that warrant being booed off, there were plenty last season. Today wasn't one of them.

A gutting lost granted, but how do you think the players will feel after that???

for me, our young team competed well against surely one of the favourites to win promotion this season and were desparatly unlucky not to get a point. the age of our players means theres always likely to a mistake in them at some point during a game and unfortunatly today it cost us from jake kean. we have to stay behind the players though, as this is what we`ve got, whether you find that upsetting after the prem glory days or not..

Josh King played quite well when he came on IMO, didn't make amends for his performance on weds but i think he has almost got the message.
Rhodes and Best both worked hard today, but it's worrying thinking how long it's gonna be before they click as a partnership, if they do at all.

Midfield was where we lost the game today, Lowe wasn't great, Judge's set-pieces are decent but he was a bit of a headless chicken at times (caught out of position or chasing the ball round the park)

Something that really grinds my gears: People were leaving in the Riverside & Blackburn End around the 81st minute today. If being nearer the front of a queue of traffic is more important to you than watching a whole game of football then find something f***ing better to do with your weekends!

We have gotten better quality out wide with judge and taylor but i'd wager best and Rhodes have given up on getting decent throughballs from the centre of the park be surprised if they made those sort of runs today or bothered looking over they're shoulders . Didn't see todays game but I really don't need to have to know Lowe Marrow as a central pairing at home is ridiculously negative.

Hell of a weight of expectation on Cairney and Evans to be the answer now. Cairney sent through a number of decent throughballs against Carlisle...unfortunately King ran on to them all.

So 1 point out of 6. Thats not even mediocre is it? No suprise really. Just look at the names in the squad. Last time we got promoted we had Flitty, Short, Friedal, McAteer, Hignett, Mahon, Dunn, Duff, Jansen and the rest. I expect this lot will keep us in this league but nothing more.

Why o why has Lowe kept his place in the team....keep getting slated for talking about him but the fact is he plays in a key position and since ever more the guy has done nothing to justify his place....

Hope GB comes out of this blind loyalty for the muppet..... IMHO he is a 4th choice Midfeilder even behind Marrow.....who is showing signs of improvement ....

Spurr is a proper player by the way.....

Why o why has Lowe kept his place in the team....keep getting slated for talking about him but the fact is he plays in a key position and since ever more the guy has done nothing to justify his place....

Hope GB comes out of this blind loyalty for the muppet..... IMHO he is a 4th choice Midfeilder even behind Marrow.....who is showing signs of improvement ....

We'd be better off playing Lowe at right back.

Because we have no alternative.

After 70 minutes I would have withdrawn either Best or Rhodes and put Dunn on. That looked the obvious thing to do but removing a striker for a midfielder wouid probably have brought howls of derision.

Because we have no alternative.

Yep. I said that position was the weak link back in May and, despite a plethora of incomings. it is still the weak link. I'm in no way anti-Bowyer but that problem is down to him. It should have been solved long before now.

We managed to turn a nailed on point into a defeat largely due to the hapless Kean. His uncertainty at times is alarming and in a league where many teams play high balls into the penalty area he has to improve markedly or else he will cost us lots of points. Bowyer also has to take some responsibility today for going with an outdated 442 system and then his reluctance to change to a shape to match Forest who passed the ball for fun with very little pressure. Hopefully Cairney will play next week and Evans should be knocking on the door. Rhodes is not playing well and desperately needs a goal. Although Kane was poor again by his own standards by and large I am happy with the defence.

Bowyer has some big decisions to make next Friday.

Did you watch the Carlisle he was best player on the pitch and completly changed the game for us until cairney got sent off (who also gave the ball away way too many times and once for one of their goals, and was pathetic defensively)

Your personal hatred of Lowe is making you blind to how important he is to the team. I assume you're one of the people who said n'zonzi was crap and he just passed sideways....lol

Yep. I said that position was the weak link back in May and, despite a plethora of incomings. it is still the weak link. I'm in no way anti-Bowyer but that problem is down to him. It should have been solved long before now.

In fairness to Bowyer, the L Murphy, Spearing and Bannan links suggests Bowyer is looking for a particular type but they, or their agents, are pricing themselves out of a move.

Can talk long and hard about the centre of midfield but there really is no point as we didn't have many alternatives, all I will say is the lack of composure and more importantly ability of the central pairing on the ball means we very rarely worry the opposition. They will give you the world on effort but produce nothing for the forwards or wingers, which will just make the opposition grow.

I said in the Derby thread that Kean worries me when he comes off his line and today hasn't filled me with confidence! Also a tad concerned that on a couple of occasions our centre halves didn't read long punts one of which was about 75 yards from their keeper and Derbyshire got the wrong side of our defence!!

Fat little Billy Davies on the pitch at the end jumping around further salted the wounds, smug smug man!

Archived