BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

Three games no wins says this squad aint anywhere near good enough.

2 draws, 1 loss. Two tough games to open with and our reserve team lost to the lottery of a pen shoot out. Obviously would have preferred 3 wins but let's not go overboard.

We ain't aiming for top 2. We are an outside bet for the play offs.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unlucky to lose today but we never looked like winning ...

Midfield 2 are poor even this leagues standards ..

Kean has made very few mistakes since coming into the team , so please leave him alone !

Cannot see us getting into the top 10 , Rhodes was poor today (no service granted) will be interesting to see if he leaves ...I have a gut feeling his stock will fall this season ....

Glad to see the players wearing Black arm bands , just a pity we have nobody who can play like Waggy but then again in 44 years haven't seen many who can ....

Well what happened today is the product of what I've been moaning about all summer, you buy Championship grafters, you get Championship football. No creativity, no quality in the final third, no clinical finishing. Compare this to the home game against Leicester last season, outplayed but 2 moments of genius, from Gomes and Pedersen. Players who are old, lacking in athleticism, but produce a final product.

What we've got now is players who are young, athletic, and completely useless with the ball at their feet. Judge seems to pick a random direction and start running in it. I like Taylor but can he do anything other than run at a full back and win a corner? There was a moment in the first half where he has Best and Rhodes making runs in behind and a perfectly weighted lofted ball would have put them through one-on-one. Didn't even attempt it, knew he wasn't good enough, passed it sideways and the move fizzled out. And Marrow and Lowe are stumped by passes over 5 yards.

The way to fix last season was to keep the high earners we had and make them start putting some effort in, or buy high earners from somewhere else. One of the most solid rules of football is the size of your wage bill dictates the level of your success. We've bought bargain basement and now we'll get bargain football.

So how do you explain how we played and where we finished last season?

A team full of so called Premier League quality, earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week between them and we finished 17th.

Your theory is flawed.

This is a young team of Championship grafters that is going to take some time to gel. I'd bet my house it will finish higher than 17th.

If we had rochina, DJ, and a fresh Dunn on the bench then I'd agree. Only king and Dunn from that bench could have made any real impact in an attacking sense. He brought on king and obviously didn't think Dunn had anything left after Wednesday.

Not sure why we don't use nunes more tho. Big fan of him. O`Sullivan could make a difference when he comes back. Really rate him .

Agree about Nunes like him too, he needs game time, why have Dunn on the bench if he's totally knackered, Peds would have been better and

who knows he might have put one in the top corner in the last 5 mins. has'nt he scored a couple of FKs in recent friendlies ?

2 draws, 1 loss. Two tough games to open with and our reserve team lost to the lottery of a pen shoot out. Obviously would have preferred 3 wins but let's not go overboard.

We ain't aiming for top 2. We are an outside bet for the play offs.

Dont make excuses..................... unacceptable !

So how do you explain how we played and where we finished last season?

A team full of so called Premier League quality, earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week between them and we finished 17th.

Your theory is flawed.

This is a young team of Championship grafters that is going to take some time to gel. I'd bet my house it will finish higher than 17th.

i'll bet your house we wont

Unlucky to lose today but we never looked like winning ...

Midfield 2 are poor even this leagues standards ..

Kean has made very few mistakes since coming into the team , so please leave him alone !

Cannot see us getting into the top 10 , Rhodes was poor today (no service granted) will be interesting to see if he leaves ...I have a gut feeling his stock will fall this season ....

Glad to see the players wearing Black arm bands , just a pity we have nobody who can play like Waggy but then again in 44 years haven't seen many who can ....

Indeed, and what a wonderful player he was, reminded me of Duggie, the way the crowd reacted when he had the ball at his feet.

• Backroom

I couldn't really see what else Bowyer could have done.

didn't see the point in bring on Dunn.

I guess the only thing Bowyer could have done was bring on Olsson for Marrow or Lowe and move King to right wing with Judge going centre mid with either Lowe or Marrow.

Dunn can pass - neither Lowe nor Marrow can, there's the point in bringing him on

There was a certain amount of inevitability about the clanger Jake Kean dropped in today's game. For he is a keeper that clearly has always had that certain eccentricity about him. He loves to come off his line at every opportunity and therein lies the potential for unfortunate incidents. To be fair to Jake I've been impressed with him since he broke into the first-team although for sure I think he needs to try and rein in some of the eccentrics and realise taht he doesn't need to come out and try and claim everything that is in the proximity of his area. Although in my opinion his strength is also his weakness in the sense you want your keeper to be commanding and you want him to shut out danger and come off his line when necessary, Jake does these things very well usually.

Overall a sub-par performance. I was impressed by the performance at Derby but this fell somewhat short of that standard. The main area of concern of course was the lack of creativity in the team from midfield, which I'm sure was evident to Bowyer and everyone else watching the game. People rightly point out that the midfield duo of Lowe & Marrow are in a sense too much of a likeness. People on here seem not tot rate Lowe very highly, if that is the case then I don't think they are to like Marrow very much. It may be harsh to judge a new player so quickly but he appears to offer very little to the team so much so that the usual inconspicuous Lowe was actually the most notable of the two.

On a positive note has a defensive unit we looked fairly solid. Hanley continues to grow and impress me has a player and seems to have picked up from where he left off at the end of last season. Spurr looks a quality addition at left-back and for me easily the most impressive of the new signings.

A 0-0 perhaps would have been a fair result. Forest probably did just shade the game based on chances. If you fail to create many goalscoring opportunities going forward yourself you can hardly complain when your opponent sneak all three points.

Three individual errors seem to have cost us points in the last three games.

Marrow v Derby,

Dunn/Cairney v Carlisle,

Kean v Forest.

Did not attend the game today, but sounds like a solid, if not attacking, display against a very good Forest team, who invested well and are set up very tough to beat away from home.

The positives are we have Evans and Cairney to come into midfield. I really hope both start the next match. Hopefully should offer the team a little more creativity. I really think with a solid midfield we should be competing for the play offs minimum.

I think we have the CB pairing of the championship in Dann and Hanley. Hanley is really excelling and gets better everytime I see him play. Spurr, Judge and Taylor look like great signings.

Kane hasn't had the best start - could be a confidence thing? A good win under the teams belt could give them (and us!) a big lift.

Can anyone tell me what these rumours are of Venkys being unhappy with Bowyer or the teams start? Are they serious, or is this a wind up rumour?

Not gonna let my mild optimism die just yet.

Circumstances dictated the midfield put out and hopefully that's the last time we see it, it has to be Best or Rhodes neither has the game to complement the other while Rochina is out either buy a target man or have cairney behind him with a 5 in midfield

Agree about Nunes like him too, he needs game time, why have Dunn on the bench if he's totally knackered, Peds would have been better and

who knows he might have put one in the top corner in the last 5 mins. has'nt he scored a couple of FKs in recent friendlies ?

Peds is not part of the club any more. Same with Formica and those types of players.

Not sure why Dunn was on the bench tbh. There was no way he could play after playing over 90 on Wednesday. Would have nunes on the bench ahead of Olsson.

Can anyone tell me what these rumours are of Venkys being unhappy with Bowyer or the teams start? Are they serious, or is this a wind up rumour?

where have you see these rumours tho???

Venkys being today show that most fans are behind Bowyer and he should stay as manager for the season. Venkys cant keep sacking managers after a few games. need to give a manager time and patience to build a squad challenging for promotion.

according to Kamy, this morning daily mail story was a load of BS!!!

Dunn can pass - neither Lowe nor Marrow can, there's the point in bringing him on

agreed but too slow and Not mobile enough to play in centre midfielder role.

Bowyer comments on talksport http://talksport.com/football/bowyer-blackburn%E2%80%99s-transfer-movements-and-club-owners-venky%E2%80%99s-13081055009

Dont make excuses..................... unacceptable !

We're a team that nearly got relegated last season. We are not a top 2 side aiming for automatic promotion. If we were then I'd say one point from 2 games wasn't good enough. Forest are a better team than we are at the moment. Simple fact. I would expect us to lose to them.

I know you like to play devils advocate but a loss to a top championship team in the last minute by an individual mistake is not unacceptable. Nearly getting relegated with the largest wage bill in the league and changing manager 5 times is unacceptable. I'd take a top 10 finish this year, bring finances under control, let bowyer implement his style of play, bring in players he wants and bring some youth players through.

Everyone wants instant success but we have to let bowyer build this team. Think he is building a very good young team that prove to be extremely talented over the course of this season and next if given the time.

yep.... and for Barnsley. As for Rhodes's contribution today Stuart you need to rem that .... no one can defend the indefensible. If things aren't 'happening' a proper player will try to make them happen and a top player will make them happen.

We are a mid-table Championship team, passing Yeovil on the way down. The days of 'proper players making things happen' are behind us.

We have a natural goalscorer, feeding on scraps, now being expected to drop deep and try to generate his own scraps. And he's the one getting the blame! If he had cost £1.8m instead of eight, then it would be a different view - especially after his heroics last year.

We Rovers fans really, REALLY don't deserve a player of Rhodes' quality. My worry is that he is now under a lot of pressure to carry the rest of a very, very average side.

• Backroom

agreed but too slow and Not mobile enough to play in centre midfielder role.

And Lowe/Marrow are any better? Dunn might be getting on but he's still capable of a 20 minute cameo and to be honest even if he couldn't move he'd still be more effective than the terrible twosome.

We are a mid-table Championship team, passing Yeovil on the way down. The days of 'proper players making things happen' are behind us.

We have a natural goalscorer, feeding on scraps, now being expected to drop deep and try to generate his own scraps. And he's the one getting the blame! If he had cost £1.8m instead of eight, then it would be a different view - especially after his heroics last year.

We Rovers fans really, REALLY don't deserve a player of Rhodes' quality. My worry is that he is now under a lot of pressure to carry the rest of a very, very average side.

Very true comment , he kept us up last season ...

Can he do the same this season ? will he still be here come Sept 2nd ?

Personally , I think he leave in Jan , certainly if we are in the bottom half ( surprised if we are not) to a team like Forest ,Bolton or Wigan ..

We're a team that nearly got relegated last season. We are not a top 2 side aiming for automatic promotion. If we were then I'd say one point from 2 games wasn't good enough. Forest are a better team than we are at the moment. Simple fact. I would expect us to lose to them.

I know you like to play devils advocate but a loss to a top championship team in the last minute by an individual mistake is not unacceptable. Nearly getting relegated with the largest wage bill in the league and changing manager 5 times is unacceptable. I'd take a top 10 finish this year, bring finances under control, let bowyer implement his style of play, bring in players he wants and bring some youth players through.

Everyone wants instant success but we have to let bowyer build this team. Think he is building a very good young team that prove to be extremely talented over the course of this season and next if given the time.

Fantastic post and one that I agree with. There will be many more dark days to come but I truly believe that this team given time will come through stronger. Evans and Cairney need to start games and we will hopefully see more chances created for Rhodes and Best.

Very true comment , he kept us up last season ...

Can he do the same this season ? will he still be here come Sept 2nd ?

Personally , I think he leave in Jan , certainly if we are in the bottom half ( surprised if we are not) to a team like Forest ,Bolton or Wigan ..

Be prepared to be burnt at the stake !

Peds is not part of the club any more. Same with Formica and those types of players.

Not sure why Dunn was on the bench tbh. There was no way he could play after playing over 90 on Wednesday. Would have nunes on the bench ahead of Olsson.

Saw Pedersen leaving Ewood in his training gear about an hour after the match. He was in a very philosophical mood. Full credit to him, however, as he still found time to sign a few autographs and have his photo taken with some admirers.

• Backroom

Top bloke is Morten

Doubt many of this current crop will be remembered like he will with the obvious exception of Dunny and Rhodes

The fact he can still complete the bleep test is a testament to how fit he keeps himself

Archived