BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the Watford result hope theres an Italian club owner who fancies owning a lChampionship club, import players for free from your other club on mass with full FA blessing

From the RR commentary sounded like we matched Forest and a mistake cost us the game

• Backroom

One of the things you must do in football is win your home games. What's sad is we didn't even look like the home team today, we looked like the visiting team for almost all of the match. Admittedly there was a significant and noticeable gap in quality between ourselves and Forest, but even so, the performance today by and large wasn't good enough.

For what it's worth, I have criticized Dann quite a lot in the past but didn't think he could be faulted today. He and Hanley both did well, unfortunately pretty much everyone else around them struggled.

Bowyer under real pressure now to win at Donny.....owners are here and they are displeased with his start to the season.

They said that on Soccer Saturday, any idea which newspaper they got that from? I haven't seen anything about it, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

There was way too much knee jerk reaction after the Derby draw and I suspect there will be more tonight but for different reasons. It's way too early, let's see in a month or two time where we are.

• Backroom

Painful result that's three games in a week given away due to stupid errors, Kean is a good shot stopper but suspect positioning he stood dead centre for a free kick an gave Andy Reid a massive target and the goal was unforgivably bad

Very pedestrian for the most part with Rhodes missing a sitter from a free kick an Lowe with a turning shot our only real chances

My opinion is still the same after the game, we'll be comfortably mid table come May

They said that on Soccer Saturday, any idea which newspaper they got that from? I haven't see anything about it, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was true.

There was way too much knee jerk reaction after the Derby draw and I suspect there will be more tonight but for different reasons. It's way too early, let's see in a month or two time where we are.

If we keep playing those players in that formation I can tell you now where we'll be in a month or two.

Having Marlowe in midfield was a poor choice to begin with. The two of them only worked against Derby when Rochina was there to play-off Rhodes. Relying on them to dictate the game in an orthodox 4-4-2 is sheer folly. Thank god that Cairney will return against Doncaster.

Shouldnt have played with best and Rhodes, Dunn should have started or came on for one of the strikers, 442 is a bad set up anyway in my opinion, especially bad with two defensive mids, and strikers like Rhodes and best.

I feel even started judge behind the striker and nunes might help, think we need to bring a decent player who can play along the attack 3 behind the striker who has pace.... Ryo miyaichi from arsenal a realistic option? Especially with rochina out for a while.

Need to shift some players out first

Lowe is dire. One of biggest faults is his positioning, frankly it's Sunday league standard. Our centre mid was so deep it was daft. His passing, tackling, even his jumping- can the lad not jump? Were all woeful, marrow didnt have a great game but grew into, won a few headers, got in the mix a few times. Big lad too. For me Jason isn't technically nor mentally good enough for this level. Glad we've got options to replace him. I'd sell him at the first opportunity. "Oh he tries!'" Yes I would try too, I try every Sunday down Pleasington! How he he starts ahead of Pedersen, Dunn.. Even Rosado is beyond me- I've never seen rosado play in the flesh, but I've seen Lowe and that's enough for me!

Tommy Spurr is class! Top notch player there!! Was also happy with best, put himself about, growing confidence. Going to be a useful player!!

Playing Rhodes and Best together is a recipe for disaster, also. We can't go 4-4-2 with Lowe and Marrow as our central midfielders. We will get murdered by most teams.

I said that at 2.30, I saw exactly the same formation barring Spurr play like drains against Rochdale. If I can see it why can't our management.

perth. radio rovers always spout kean, most biased football station going (which being rovers station I know would be expected)

Yeah I know that and read between the lines but from the commentary sounded like it could have gone either way, and luckily they are showing all the games on Rovers player this season so will be able to tell after watching tomorrow or Monday

Bowyers after match interview - mentioned playing three games in a week and how much Forest have spent and felt that we didn't get what we deserved out of the game like Derby, also we matched Forest who he thinks will be there or thereabouts come end of season

• Backroom

Probably come in for some stick here but I would say all of the new signings were among our better players today even Marrow at least he looked a little more dynamic than Lowe, Taylor looked a threat, Judge looked a lite nervous but his free kicks caused problems and Spurr looks a class act.

Best is great at drawing fouls but also concedes them and I don't think he touched the ball in their box, Rhodes looked to have his head down a bit and I thought king was brought on at a good time to worry defenders.

What was a concern is that our midfield was clearly tiring and we had Dunn and Evans on the bench neither of which even warming up after 75 minutes.

Tough result to take as we could have been the ones to nick it. Instead we start the season with no win in 3

Biggest problem I feel is looking round the first XI there's question marks over at least 5 of their heads as to whether they should be on the pitch

Archived