BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs Forest Saturday 10th August 3pm Kick Off

Well, I expected Forest to steal it, so I can't be too downhearted, but to lose in that manner is always a blow. I hope GB quickly realizes that Marlowe cannot be our main midfield pairing. Either one or the other.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Close game with Forest edging it - have to say, Forest nowhere near as good as I expected and, thankfully, didn't exploit opportunity down their right flank where there was loads of space.

As for Rovers, at least they looked organised and showed good commitment.

Short of class in midfield and our front two failed to put the Forest back four under any sort of pressure - simply not aggressive enough.

Spot on.

Finally, no tribute for 'Waggy' showed a distinct lack of class from the club.

The players were wearing black armbands, was this for 'Waggy'?

good performance today by the players. every player work hard and gave 100% today. that's is what fans want from last season and their fitness levels are a lot better than last season massively.

we match Forest today and they will be challenging for the top 2 spots this season. I mistake cost us a point today, no more.

we did miss Cairney in midfielder who will be midfielder playmaker this season. Rochina missing today couldn't give us a plan B. I wouldn't have replace either striker today to bring Dunn on, or took off Marrow for Dunn cos Dunn cannot play in a midfield 2 cos he lack pace and energy to get around the pitch,

Rhodes and Best didn't get much chance to score but both work very hard and chase down the ball. Defence from the front is what we need to do today and we did.

Lowe should have scored in the second half and we defo should have penalty second half when Rhodes was taken out. was straight infront of the incident and was clear.

any fans calling for Bowyer to be sack(seen on twitter) NEEDS to get a grip and stop moaning and GIVE Bowyer a time and patience to built a squad this season. The fans backed the team today and was good to hear chants of 'Gary Bowyer's Blue and White Army' to show him, the players and the owners that's the fans are right behind him as manager.

Any fans that Booed today are very pathetic and didn't see why they did that.

Pleased to see the owners at the game today. hopefully they will be there for a lot more games this season.

Oh I see that Mercerman is now saying/asking whether Rhodes heart is in it? what a disgraceful comment, he worked hard for the team and close the ball down, making runs out wide plus after the game came over to the Blackburn end to clap the fans and showed his appreciation for the fans support. he just look short of confidence tbh. that's all. Sure he will score on Friday and his confidence will return. I thought Mercerman would be with DF at the Bolton/Reading game. :lol:

P.S. Good see Billy Davies demanding and going mad on the touchline that his players kick the ball out when Dann was down Injured to receive treatment showed Totally class there.

yep.... and for Barnsley. As for Rhodes's contribution today Stuart you need to rem that .... no one can defend the indefensible. If things aren't 'happening' a proper player will try to make them happen and a top player will make them happen.

As you are wheeling out these little phrases to try to make yourself sound profound and knowing maybe you'd like to try out 'it takes two to tango'?

P.S. Good see Billy Davies demanding and going mad on the touchline that his players kick the ball out when Dann was down Injured to receive treatment showed Totally class there.

Indeed so. Not as gratifying to see Dann make a speedy and amazing recovery and play the rest of the match seemingly without a problem. Some might say that he was faking.

Well what happened today is the product of what I've been moaning about all summer, you buy Championship grafters, you get Championship football. No creativity, no quality in the final third, no clinical finishing. Compare this to the home game against Leicester last season, outplayed but 2 moments of genius, from Gomes and Pedersen. Players who are old, lacking in athleticism, but produce a final product.

What we've got now is players who are young, athletic, and completely useless with the ball at their feet. Judge seems to pick a random direction and start running in it. I like Taylor but can he do anything other than run at a full back and win a corner? There was a moment in the first half where he has Best and Rhodes making runs in behind and a perfectly weighted lofted ball would have put them through one-on-one. Didn't even attempt it, knew he wasn't good enough, passed it sideways and the move fizzled out. And Marrow and Lowe are stumped by passes over 5 yards.

The way to fix last season was to keep the high earners we had and make them start putting some effort in, or buy high earners from somewhere else. One of the most solid rules of football is the size of your wage bill dictates the level of your success. We've bought bargain basement and now we'll get bargain football.

As you are wheeling out these little phrases to try to make yourself sound profound and knowing maybe you'd like to try out 'it takes two to tango'?

Just saying how I see it. I take it that you thought Jordan Rhodes was full value today did you?

I thought we did ok today.

At least matched Forest, if not bettered them in the second half. The team kept their shape throughout, I'm not a great fan of Lowe but he and Marrow did a good job in midfield today, put tackles in and didn't give the ball away cheaply. Defence was solid. Extremely disappointing to lose to almost the last kick but that's football.

Not convinced Best will be a starter when Campbell and Rochina are fit. It seems to be fashionable to criticise Rhodes, amazingly. Along with his great ability to score goals he has a great attitude, gets on with it and doesn't complain, unlike his detractors on here. Also he was blatantly barged to the ground in the penalty area at a time in the match when the ref seemed determined not to give Rovers anything.

With five or six to come back from injury or suspension of the calibre of Cairney, Evans, Campbell, Rochina, Henley and Kilgallon, added to the good organisation and work ethic being instilled by Bowyer I think we'll do well this season.

I missed the first half hour due to work commitments. From what I saw of the last hour it was a tense game because it was tight, but the quality from both sides or lack of it was extremely poor. Never really felt either side would score until Kean's calamitous and unforced error at the end. Prior to that I thought Kean had had a good game.

As I'm sure most people will point out 99.9% of our problems thus far have come from central midfield. You might be able to get away with playing one of Marrow and Lowe alongside a more expansive player, as a pairing they just don"t work. Individually I thought Marrow showed some improvement on his displays against Everton and Derby but in my view Lowe had another shocker. Giving the ball away, failing to get a tackle in , not pressurising the opposition, dropping off too deep and leaving too much space, there really was nothing to commend his game today. Whether Bowyer deserves too much criticism in this respect I'm not sure because presumably if fit and available Rochina, Cairney and Evans would all be more attractive options than the Lowe/Marrow axis.

Don't agree with many of the comments about the strikers. Rhodes could do with a goal but never stopped running and frequently got into dangerous positions but wasn't picked out. Best by comparison was relatively static waiting for the ball to come to him back to goal and rarely made it into any danger areas. Completely anonymous to me and anyone thinking he will be the answer to our goalscoring problems if Rhodes were sold will be rudely disappointed I think.

Of the new boys I was expecting great things from Taylor today but thought he ran needlessly down a lot of blind alleys. Judge was busy but his final ball needs to improve. Spurr had an excellent game and looks a real find.

King came on received the ball seven times, gave it away four times, lost possession and committed a foul twice and had one shot charged down which went for a corner. If that's coming on and doing well I give up.

We didn't deserve to lose but weren't great either and have put ourselves under a lot of pressure with one point from six. In the absence of Rochina, have to hope Evans and Cairney mske a big impact when introduced.

• Backroom

King lost it a few times Rev but not as frequently as you make out he was also part of a good move which eventually slowed down when it went inside and that shot to be fair he showed great strength and control to even get a shot in

From what I saw as well Best was doing more closing down

Interesting to note that out of the 20 teams who played in the Championship today :

13 managers used 3 subs

5 managers used 2 subs

2 managers used 1 sub Gaz Bowyer and Lee Clark( B/ham )

Mr Clark probably thought it prudent, not to make too many changes as his team took the lead on 48 mins at Yeovil ( won o-1 )

What was Gaz's reason ?

Well what happened today is the product of what I've been moaning about all summer, you buy Championship grafters, you get Championship football. No creativity, no quality in the final third, no clinical finishing. Compare this to the home game against Leicester last season, outplayed but 2 moments of genius, from Gomes and Pedersen. Players who are old, lacking in athleticism, but produce a final product.

What we've got now is players who are young, athletic, and completely useless with the ball at their feet. Judge seems to pick a random direction and start running in it. I like Taylor but can he do anything other than run at a full back and win a corner? There was a moment in the first half where he has Best and Rhodes making runs in behind and a perfectly weighted lofted ball would have put them through one-on-one. Didn't even attempt it, knew he wasn't good enough, passed it sideways and the move fizzled out. And Marrow and Lowe are stumped by passes over 5 yards.

The way to fix last season was to keep the high earners we had and make them start putting some effort in, or buy high earners from somewhere else. One of the most solid rules of football is the size of your wage bill dictates the level of your success. We've bought bargain basement and now we'll get bargain football.

No offence and everyone is entitled to their opinion but that is some of the biggest load of trash I've ever heard. So many things wrong.

Leicester battered us last season at ewood. We got lucky that day. Leicester had a perfectly good goal disallowed and we went onto win the game with a bit of magic from Pedersen. How often did the old players produce moments of magic last season??!! They almost got us relegated to lge 1!!

I disagree about these players being useless with their feet. Judge is very talented on the ball, cairney is a class player and Taylor is not bad either. That's what I love about Taylor, he's not technically gifted but he always does something productive, either gets a cross in or wins a corner. You are criticising a player for constantly winning a corner?! I agree Lowe and marrow are too similar and can't play together.

The way to fix last season was to get the older players playing well??!! The players are past it. There best years are well behind them which is why we want rid and no one else wants them. Swansea, Norwich, Southampton are just to name a few who went up with so called championship players. Hull and palace also did last season. We had the biggest wage bill as did wolves and they got relegated and we nearly did. QPR had a massive wage bill and went down.

It's about spending the money wisely and buying the right players and having a good manager.

I can guarantee you that are so called championship players this season will do far better than our supposed premier league players last season.

Interesting to note that out of the 20 teams who played in the Championship today :

13 managers used 3 subs

5 managers used 2 subs

2 managers used 1 sub Gaz Bowyer and Lee Clark( B/ham )

Mr Clark probably thought it prudent, not to make too many changes as his team took the lead on 48 mins at Yeovil ( won o-1 )

What was Gaz's reason ?

Surely not the game day budget theory again ?

Anyway which of the baby's parents turned up today besides Blingy now they have wrestled full parental access from that nasty just like a family member?

Surely not the game day budget theory again ?

Anyway which of the baby's parents turned up today besides Blingy now they have got full parental access?

Well hopefully the budget problem has gone away, then again, who's to say it won't return some day.

I was thinking maybe a little bit of inexperience or lack of tactical nous.

Close game with Forest edging it - have to say, Forest nowhere near as good as I expected and, thankfully, didn't exploit opportunity down their right flank where there was loads of space.

As for Rovers, at least they looked organised and showed good commitment.

Short of class in midfield and our front two failed to put the Forest back four under any sort of pressure - simply not aggressive enough.

Keane: very costly error

Kane: still struggling to produce promising form of last season

Hanley / Dann / Spurr: ok

Taylor: disappointed in the lad and looked very average - did 120 minutes at Carlisle catch-up with him

Marrow / Lowe: limitations very evident again

Judge: sorry but just don't get what folk see in him - I still think he's a League 1 scuffler

Rhodes: a pale shadow of himself, missed a sitter in 1st half - is his heart still in Rovers ?

Best: very little threat with no aggression

Bowyer - lack of imagination in substitutions, or lack of them. Disappointed to see him gesturing to players to try and engineer a long throw for Spurr on three separate occasions in last 15 minutes or so when we had opportunity for open play.

Also, interesting to see Pedersen, Givet and one other (who I didn't recognise) undergoing an hour's training session, mainly shuttle runs, from about 1.15.

No doubt Cairney and Evans will make a difference to midfield but, unfortunately, I can't see anything better than midtable.

Finally, no tribute for 'Waggy' showed a distinct lack of class from the club.

Excellent comments. Rhodes and Best in the same team doesn't work unless we had quality midfield. Did I see King shoot down the tunnel at the end? This is a team effort and no matter what the result is all 11 players at the end of each game should show respect to the fans.

Well hopefully the budget problem has gone away, then again, who's to say it won't return some day.

I was thinking maybe a little bit of inexperience or lack of tactical nous.

I couldn't really see what else Bowyer could have done.

didn't see the point in bring on Dunn.

I guess the only thing Bowyer could have done was bring on Olsson for Marrow or Lowe and move King to right wing with Judge going centre mid with either Lowe or Marrow.

My take on the subs is that a point would have been a good point and I guess bowyer would have been happy with that. Didn't want to tinker with the team too much and then lose the match. Imagine what people on here would have said if he'd made 3 changes and we'd still lost the match in the last minute through a clanger from kean. People would have said we lost because of the subs! We only bring one on and people say we lost because of not using all our subs! Can't win!

Simply, we didn't have any game changers on the bench and Dunn was knackered.

We lost the match because of a kean mistake and not because of lack of subs.

Need two new attack minded players as we are lacking them at the moment. Bowyer knows this and will address this in the window.

I couldn't really see what else Bowyer could have done.

didn't see the point in bring on Dunn.

I guess the only thing Bowyer could have done was bring on Olsson for Marrow or Lowe and move King to right wing with Judge going centre mid with either Lowe or Marrow.

How about Dunny and Evans for last 15 mins, all action type player, surely could have taken a risk if he was fit for the bench.

My take on the subs is that a point would have been a good point and I guess bowyer would have been happy with that. Didn't want to tinker with the team too much and then lose the match. Imagine what people on here would have said if he'd made 3 changes and we'd still lost the match in the last minute through a clanger from kean. People would have said we lost because of the subs! We only bring one on and people say we lost because of not using all our subs! Can't win!

Simply, we didn't have any game changers on the bench and Dunn was knackered.

We lost the match because of a kean mistake and not because of lack of subs.

Need two new attack minded players as we are lacking them at the moment. Bowyer knows this and will address this in the window.

Should be going for 3 points always in this league imo, especially at home, too many draws and you just end up at the wrong end of the table.

He who dares wins !

How about Dunny and Evans for last 15 mins, all action type player, surely could have taken a risk if he was fit for the bench.

Should be going for 3 points always in this league imo, especially at home, too many draws and you just end up at the wrong end of the table.

He who dares wins !

If we had rochina, DJ, and a fresh Dunn on the bench then I'd agree. Only king and Dunn from that bench could have made any real impact in an attacking sense. He brought on king and obviously didn't think Dunn had anything left after Wednesday.

Not sure why we don't use nunes more tho. Big fan of him. O`Sullivan could make a difference when he comes back. Really rate him .

Archived